Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 03-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Seeker

Unwanted Clairaudience

Hello everyone, just wanted to tell you a little bit about something that happened to me this year as a result of dabbling with EVP. I have been a paranormal enthusiast for a number of years but only started doing any active personal investigation for a couple of months this past winter. In early January I started to attempt to capture EVPs, in a few locations, but usually it was in my home.
For the first two weeks I got nothing on my recordings..zilch, but I kept at it because I had heard that it is something that can often take a little time to bring about. After about two weeks of futile attempts I made my first successful capture, it was January 17, 2015 around 1pm in the afternoon, I'll never forget that day because from that day forward my life would never be the same. During one recording session I caught at least 3 very clear EVPS, direct responses to questions I had asked. When I submitted my recording to a forum, others also heard these 3 responses and one member of the forum was kind enough to run my recording through his audio filtering software and he was able to find at least 3 more EVPs on my recording that I was not able to hear with the naked ear. Well this got me excited to say the least and I began to do EVP sessions practically every day, it was still slow going for awhile but after a few more weeks something just seemed to change, I began to notice these very faint voices on my recordings, they were very faint but if I listened to the recordings I could make out a lot of what was being said. Usually it was very brief and responses, but occasionally I would get a louder one, usually preceded by a precursor (popping sound). I reached a point where I can say something definitely was changing with my hearing because as time went on, I got much better at hearing these faint voices. I eventually was able to get names and some personal info and more or less developed a sort of rapport with these spirits that I was communicating with At first these spirits that I was communicating with all seemed more or less benevolent, some were very friendly, but none of them seemed to be threatening.
As more time went by, some of these spirits claimed to be people who I knew personally or who I knew of, one claimed to be a relative of my neighbor, one claimed to be the spirit of a local woman who had died in an automobile accident a few years before, and one claimed to be an old friend who died back when I was in high school. They all seemed so benevolent and I was just so overwhelmed by the reality of it all, that I believed everything that they were saying hook line and sinker. Eventually, I even believed that I was talking to the spirits of my parents (who both passed away). Looking back now, I was terribly naive, but at the time I was just so overwhelmed and the whole experience seemed so positive.
Then things started to change in my recordings, the "benevolent" spirits were still present but then I stared to hear some harsh, negative comments every once and awhile, such as profanity, insults and threats against me. It started off small, and I tried to ignore it at first. When I asked the benevolent spirits about this hostile group that was here now, they told me that I should just “ignore them”, but as time went on, my recordings came to be dominated by these hostile voices.
Then one day while I was a work near a fan that was on, I began to hear these negative voices coming over the white noise of the fan, there was no mistaking it, I was hearing these harassing voices. This was enough to freak me out to say the least, so I decided to stop with EVP session all together, but to my horror, I began to have more of these incidents where I was hearing these hostile voices through various background noises. It was very occasional at first, but as weeks went by it became more and more frequent. Then something else started to happen, I began to feel these weird physical sensations on my body, usually it was when I was laying in bed at night trying to sleep. It was usually the feeling of what I can only describe as a finger poking me in the lower back, and also there was a weird vibration feeling that seemed to move around my body. There were also occasions when I felt what I can only describe as these small "things" landing on my body and moving around, but they were invisible, I couldn’t see anything.
At this point, I was becoming very distressed by all of this. These sensations were making it more and more difficult to get off to sleep easily so I had to start taking sleeping pills. The escalation with the voices also kept up and then one day in the spring everything just seemed to hit the fan all at once. I remember I was at work one morning and I just starting hearing voices all around me, it wasn't just through a strong steady source of background noise anymore but they seemed to be coming from everywhere, at times I could even feel a faint breath hitting my ear. I totally freaked out, told my boss I was sick and rushed home (in fact I would miss a lot of work over the next couple of weeks). I basically became a complete vegetable for a few weeks; all I could do was lay in bed while these voices tormented me around the clock. I couldn't eat, I was getting only about 4 hours of sleep a night, even with sleeping pills (it wasn't until I got a prescription of Ambien that I got any descent sleep).
The physical sensations were also a lot more intense now, at times I could even feel slight stinging and biting sensations, things were really bad like this for a long time. At this point, I thought my life was over. However, over the course of several months, I gradually, began to adapt to this situation. At first these spirits were spinning all sorts of far out, terrifying story lines like they were going to "take my spirit" and "take me to Hell" if I didn't do this or that, basically they were trying to get me to run around in circles for their own amusement it seems. Well over time it became obvious that these negative spirits were pathological liars and none of their threats ever materialized into anything. It's taken alot of time, but I no longer have any fear or anxiety over them, but I can still hear them and I can't make this go away. I don't hear the voices as intense as I once did, but they are still there. I'm getting better at being able to block out the content of what they say, like I'll hear them chattering, but I can block out the words. But basically my whole experience with EVP seemed to activate some sensitivity in me (clairaudience), an ability that I never knew I had before this and that I certainly don't want.
I never knew I was sensitive before this and unfortunatley it's not something I can shut off easily. Before I always thought that the benevolent spirits and the malevolent ones were two groups, but now it seems so obvious to me, that I was basically set up for a fall, the deception was just to keep me interacting with them long enough for them to "tune" into me I suspect.
And I know that this will sound like a case of mental illness to people (I don't blame you) but I can assure you,I am the same person I always was, I still have my job, my home, everything is still the same, I just hear this faint chatter of voices pretty much all the time now (unless I can distract myself). In my case I activated something within me when I was doing EVP and and brought on some type of attachment and it's now been a persistent problem ever since

Brian
Old 04-12-2015, 06:42 AM
Master
Dear Brian. I am very sorry to read about your experience with EVPs and unwanted energy attachments and you can try a sage smudge to see if it helps.

I may be able to offer some assistance by way of a similar experience I worked my own way through a while ago.

I am a paranormal investigator myself and I was using a digital recorder to capture EVPs, then six months ago, I purchased a piece of ITC equipment called a PSB-7 Spirit Box to see if I could open a more direct line of communication and after a few weeks, I had established one (a few).

At first, everything was peaceful and friendly...but then I received certain responses through the Spirit Box like "I am Satan/Beezel"..."I am going to kill you"..."I'm your worst nightmare"..."I am evil"..."fear me" and on...and on this went. I was also starting to see orbs with my naked eye and I was getting a bit scared of all this stuff.

However, the rational 'paranormal investigator' part in me just wouldn't let go of all this either. I wanted to know just what I was dealing with here (supernatural or my own subconscious) and just how far these entities/energies could manifest their effects in the physical world (i.e. if they were going to 'kill me', just how would they do it?).

I decided to do a Spirit Box session and I called for all of the 'evil', foul mouthed djinns/trolls to be present, then I lit a candle and said; 'okay, before I believe you can actually 'kill me', blow that out first'.

I put a ball on the table and went "if you have the power to do physical harm to me, roll that ball across to the other side..I dare you! I challenge you right here and now...either put up NOW or just shut up and go back to wherever it is you came from, because I am not scared of you".

Suffice to say, the candle flame didn't go out and the ball didn't move despite all of my tempting and provocation.

After that happened, I let all the spirits who want to come through my box know I'll call the troll out on their bluff, so it's no use trying to scare me because I find it humorous...sometimes and just plain droll most times.

Ever since then, I only get nice spirits come through my spirit box...those who are friendly and helpful. They are very kind to me and always say 'I love you' and I feel they do, because they are always there for me, despite all the rubbish I dish out they tolerate.

As a result of using the Spirit Box over the months, I have also become clairaudient...it's an 'occupational hazard' after using ITC equipment for a while. It's sort of par for the course.

How I overcame the problem, was to basically 'take back control of my mind' and say to the spirits "right, this is my mind, my rules and if you want to do a walk-in or possession, be aware my higher mind won't let you break my moral directive or spiritual belief". There was a line in the sand I had to draw, so that I'd only attract the 'good spirits'.

So now, I have 5 on my 'spirit team' and they look out for me and help me...usually giving me a heads up and I haven't had a 'demon' come through the box telling me he's going to 'chop my head off' for about 5 months now...yeah, 'evil demon', you are nothing more than just a bored little troll.

One day they may surprise me and 'call my bluff', but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen and meanwhile I can still go about my business of investigating the paranormal and getting a K-II Meter...
Old 04-12-2015, 07:22 AM
Experiencer

Do you live in New Jersey? I do and I also have severe clairaudience, at times. There's something going around... It started about two and a half years ago. I've never done anything EVP-related, but I had a Kundalini awakening. I've come to accept that the voices aren't going away; it's just a matter of how often and how loud I hear them. In the beginning, I thought I was being harassed by ghosts, but now, I truly believe that at least some of the voices come from my own being, not from someone else. I've noticed that if I have a negative feeling, sometimes that is when a nasty voice will suddenly appear. And it's not even a negative THOUGHT, necessarily; it could be some subconscious hostility that I have and didn't even take notice of, until I heard a voice say something nasty. In any case, clairaudience can be a total pain in the @#% and there really is not much you can do about it, other than make friends with it and try to keep your own mind as content and peaceful as possible.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bird*
In any case, clairaudience can be a total pain in the @#% and there really is not much you can do about it, other than make friends with it and try to keep your own mind as content and peaceful as possible.
So true..there's nothing. *like button
Old 04-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Seeker

Yeah, my experience was very positive at first, then the negative entities slowly crept in until they dominated, then I was hearing some benevolent voices again who seemed to be trying to help me, but then they disappeared and it's been the same negative voices now for months, it had my head spinning it was so back and forth. The clairaudience for me was terrible for the first few months. The voices were so intense. There were a couple of real deep voices I was hearing where I sware I was even feeling a slight shock wave, like the ground shook a little whenever they spoke. There were also occassions when I was outdoors and the voices were coming in over the wind, man, it was like hearing thousands of voices all at once, like being harassed by an entire football stadium. Aside from the voices I was also getting intense physical sensations to, like pokes, jabs, and this weird vibration feeling. Getting a good night of sleep became impossible without some kind of sleep aid, which I still need to take. The voices aren't nearly as intense now, but you're right Bird, there 's just nothing I can do to make them go away for good, I've just got to slowly learn to tune them out as best as I can, but this will take time. I know what you mean about some of it coming from ourselves. I also experience this, I think it's because we're just bombarded with the voices so bad in the begining, it's like an echo effect, our mind is expecting to hear certain things now, and will subconsciously look for it, and ever notice how the voices keep repeating alot of the same phrases over and over, again, I think they're trying to implant it in our minds or something, the voices I hear even have a name for this, they call it a "Selfie". But yeah, you just know when you're hearing something from an outside source most of the time.
Things started to get better for me once I stopped "drinking the Kool-Aid" so to speak these negative spirits were peddling, these negative entites were telling me all sorts of crazy story lines, playing mind games, etc....they told me they were going to kill me on numerous occasions, over time it becomes obvious that they are liars. All they can do is try and drive you crazy with the voices and such but I did notice that they had alot more ability to interact with me while I was afraid of them and had extreme anxiety over the situation. On a few occasions I heard banging on doors, people running through my home when no one was there but me, and this sounds weird, but I even got a few phone calls from them, which is a rare phenomenon but it is a documented one.
I don't know for certain but I think these "dark forces" are alot closer to us dimensionally, so that's why we can hear them so often and so easily and why they can interact with us alot easier on their end
Old 04-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Seeker

Bird, also, yes I live in Jersey, about 20 minutes outside Atlantic City
Old 04-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Seeker

Necromancer,

Good luck in pushing forward, my bad experience was enough to shake me up pretty good, I'm just trying to put it all behind me, which won't be easy and will probably take a very long time now. I guess this field of research just isn't for everyone. I don't know I just think I was deceived too much for me to want to keep going, I just could never tell who were the benevolent spirits and who were not, things got real messy. And asking them anything, personal questions and testing them is useless because they can read our thoughts, (this is quite easy to test). Wherever they are, they are hearing/seeing our thought broadcast so it's not like we can hide anything from them, this is why we are so vulnerable to being deceived. In an unfortunate way, I'm still stuck with interacting with these spirits for now, because I don't even have to say anything out loud, I just have to think something and they can pick it up and respond, so this is like involuntary spirit communication at this point, shutting your mind off from interacting with them is extremely difficult and will take alot of time to get a handle on. At least for me, if I try and tell myself not to think something, of course my mind will anyway, it's hard to force it, I need to get to a point where I can not think about them naturally, but it's tough because they do everything they can to grab your attention and distract you
Old 05-12-2015, 02:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Looks like this is shaping up to be a meeting spot for the Jersey folks on the forum... I'm from the state as well...

Greetings Brian... I had read through your thread yesterday and had wanted to respond but didn't get around to it just yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyguy77
The physical sensations were also a lot more intense now, at times I could even feel slight stinging and biting sensations, things were really bad like this for a long time.

I'm quite familiar with this sensation. I would describe it as a stinging, pin-prick type sensations - also like being bitten by an insect. I experienced it for several months during a period of my life when I was going through a spiritual awakening. Only at the time, I didn't know what was going on with me regarding the spiritual changes that were unfolding. So my rational mind was trying to come up with a 'logical' explanation as to why this was occcurring. These sensations were definitely more pronounced and active at night when I would lay down in bed - and I mostly experienced them on my legs and arms (my limbs). This also unfortunately coincided with the 'bed bug craze' so for awhile I was so unnerved thinking I had bed begs and that something was biting me under my covers at night. I even kept a small flashlight on my nightstand and I would spring the covers off me immediately after the sensation and search for evidence of the culprit - of which there was never any evidence of bed bugs or anything I could see! When that explanation failed to pan out I started to point the finger at my poor dog (who slept on the bed with me), thinking he had brought fleas onto the bed. But again, never any visible evidence of that and there were never any actual marks left on my skin. So it didn't make sense that I thought I was being stung or bitten by something but there was no resulting skin marks or irritation. Towards the end of dealing wirh these sensations I was pretty frustrated and contemplated visiting a Dermatologist, but how do you explain that you think you are being bitten by invisible bugs/parasites that leave no trace/mark without sounding crazy, haha?

It eventually tapered off and went away altogether. It wasn't until several months after this point that I connected the dots regarding all of the unusual symptons and sensations I had been experiencing over a longer period of time. I became aware that I was going through a spiritual awakening and that there was this internal energy (known as 'kundalini energy') that had been activated and stimulated within me, and which was responsible for all of the unusual physiological symptons and internal changes I was enduring through. I also came across a write-up that mentioned the skin sensations in accordance with this subject matter and that was like an "Aha!" moment for me. I now know, in hindsight, that the stinging sensations on my limbs were not created by anything external to me. They were in fact internally generated electrical type sensations that only gave me the impression that something was affecting the surface of my skin. This would explain the lack of marks or irritation. What I perceived caused this was the internal (kundalini) energy rising up and affecting my spinal column and thus my whole nervous system. It created various electric type sensations in different areas of my body as well as vibrations and other weird/unusual sensations and symptoms (too many to list right now)...

Thankfully I'm still bedbug free to this day. : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyguy77
Then something else started to happen, I began to feel these weird physical sensations on my body, usually it was when I was laying in bed at night trying to sleep. It was usually the feeling of what I can only describe as a finger poking me in the lower back, and also there was a weird vibration feeling that seemed to move around my body. There were also occasions when I felt what I can only describe as these small "things" landing on my body and moving around, but they were invisible, I couldn’t see anything.

What's really interesting here is that I recognize these types of sensations and experiences as ones which are reported by individuals who are going through kundalini awakenings and have had this internal energy stimulated within them. You see a person can experience these things who never had any type of interaction with any external entities/spirits. So the context is different than what led up to your experience - but the sensations would be the same. I can understand why you would draw the conclusion and perceive that something external was affecting you. That is a natural inclination of the physical mind and the same type of reaction I initially had - although I attributed it to bugs I could not see lol. I also disctincly remember periods of feeling like things were crawling on my skin (again, thinking bugs of some sort). This sympton like the others I later became aware was internally generated as a result of the energy movements stemming from the spiritual awakening process I was going through.

I strongly recommend that you do some thorough research into the subject matter of 'kundalini awakening', 'kundalini energy', and the signs, symptons, and sensations associated with this process/experience. Try to focus on the biological/physiological aspect of it as it is often experienced/reported by others - and see if you can draw parallels to what you yourself have experienced. On my end I feel there is a connection here but you need to explore this for yourself.

I'm curious - how many hours of EVP recordings would you say that you listened to? Would it be like hours upon hours of listening to static and employing intensive focus/concentration while trying to alertly detect audible voices? If so, I can't help but wonder if engaging in this specific practice had a meditative effect on your state of consciousness - and if engaging in this activity over a prolonged period of time would have served to open you up (spiritually) and activate this internal energy within you (which would be responsible for the uncomfortable sensations and sudden onset of the clairaudience). And if someone engaged in intensive meditation type practices too soon in their development or too much over a shorter duration of time - it's like they can open themselves and activate this transformative energy prematurely, and this creates complications and some degree of hardship that would not be present or as pronounced if they had gradually opened themselves up, excercised moderation, or naturally experienced their state of awareness expanding to incorporate the non-physical dimension of life/existence.

You're gonna be okay and you will navigate your way through this. While reading your posts I was getting the distinct impression that your experiences with these EVP's and the communication was part of your unique path to being introduced to the non-physical dimension of reality. Even though it's been unpleasant leading up to this, and even though you had unintended/unexpected experiences - the important element here is that your state of awareness has expanded and moved in the direction of incorporating and integrating the non-physical nature of existence. Individuals arrive at this in varying ways. For me it was the 'death' of a family member and the intensive grieving process and deep contemplation that followed in the years after which opened up my awareness to this. For some individuals it's a near-death experience which gives them a firsthand perspective of their existence that extends beyond the confines of the physical body and physical world. It doesn't matter how an individual arrives at this point on their journey of conscious growth (consciousness evolution) - what's important is that they go through the process and experience.

I cannot tell you how to counteract this clairaudience because this is not my area of knowledge and understanding. However, from the perspective of understanding the nature of consciousness and the workings of the physical mind - I strongly feel that through your learning to withdraw conscious energy from identifying with these voices, you will simultaneously be learning to withdraw energy from and disidentify with the incessant internal chatter of your own physical mind. This is at the heart of spiritual growth - learning to quiet the activity of the physical mind and discovering the real you within, which is pure consciousness/awareness/spirit, and exists above and independent of the physical mind associated with these bodies. I am really feeling like this experience in your life truly did happpen for an important reason and for a higher purpose. I feel it will serve to set you down a certain path of self-discovery and spiritual growth which will ultimately have a transformative effect on your state of consciousness and state of being. I think some years from now you'll be looking back with complete clarity and you will see how everything fits together and how it played a role in bringing you to where you will find yourself at that time (in a good place). You won't have any regrets about having experienced all this - you'll know that it ended up stengthening you in the long run. Hang in there for the time being - weather the storm and roll with the punches. There is a real purpose behind all this even if that isn't clear right now - eventually, it will be...

Kind Regards,
~WOLF
Old 05-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Seeker

Hi Wolfgaze,

Thank you for your insight. I do agree that maybe there'll be some good that comes out of this. It didn't kill me so it must make me stronger right. Though I must admit a few times back in the beginning of my clairaudience overload I did come close to falling apart, I'm sure it has and does happen sometimes. Yeah, I was doing EVP sessions alot for the two months that I was involved with it. It actually took me two weeks before I even heard anything on my recordings. Then one day I made three remarkable captures in one session. Then, I didn't hear anything again for a few days, but then I slowy started to notice very faint voices on my recordings and then things progressed from there where I was hearing them more clearly all of the time. Once I started hearing them on a regular basis, I was doing EVP sessions everyday, sometimes for hours, I do admit it became an obsession. I do believe I activated some dormant sensitivity in me, as I just seem to hear faint sounds much stronger now. For example, there's been a few occassions when I would hear say, my next door neighbor slam his car door and I would jolt out of my chair, little sensitivities to sounds now that I never had before. So in a sense I believe that while I was doing my EVP recordings, I was tuning my ears to hear them, and they were learning how to manipulate soundwaves as they entered my ears, that's why it was a slow progression of hearing these voices outside of my recordings (the clairaudience) everyone's body structure is slightly different and unique to them with how they hear sounds, these negative spirits were basically figuring me out and how sound waves travel through my ears, manipulating the sound waves, which is basically what they do during an EVP session. It's common where you can have two recorders recording in the same room during an EVP session but only one of the recorders will pick up any voices while there's nothing on the other, that's because they are essentially manipulating low frequency sound waves as they are picked up by a particular recorder, they've essentially done the same thing with my ears. In fact I find that when they get up close, they typically tend to speak into my left ear alot more than my right ear. And they can enhance how I hear them by using existing sources of sound, such as white noise, but once that source of background noise is eliminated, the voices are reduced to a faint whisper, they just can't keep up with the intensity of their voices without it, so there's no magic behind what they are doing.
That's interesting about the sensations, but I've also felt several types of sensations from vibration sensations that move around my body to fingers poking me in the back (they did this to prevent me from sleeping in the beginning) as well I've was having some poltergeist activity around the house at first, I had a door violently kicked open(when there was no one else there but me), I 've heard running down my stairs, I've had voice mails from them (sounds crazy I know, but it's a documented phenomenon) so I'm 100% certain that I'm dealing with an external presence here. But most of that has stopped since I no longer have fear or anxiety over this, it definately feeds them. I seemed to have opened a door for them and they just barged in. They literally follow me wherever I go, (even my Church) so there's no place that's off limits to them, but hey, I'm getting by and am getting better at thinking positive again, life goes on right, it's just alot different for me now.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Seeker

This whole thing just makes me wonder about how many people who are diagnosed with schizophrenia or such are actually dealing with something spiritual such as this. I hear voices, I feel physical sensations, sometimes I see orbs or dark shadows, but aside from that, I don't feel any different than I always did, I'm still just as functional as ever. I know in my case I can trace everything back to my EVP experiences and I don't deny that I brought this on myself, but I have to wonder how many people out there are dealing with issues like this from out of now where, ie: they never did anything to provoke it. I did read recently in a recent study that was done on a number of people who hear voices, something like 66% of them were also experiencing physical sensations.