Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 21-11-2013, 04:46 AM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
... it looks like it was a good kill from the photo. Will make a heck of a trophy.

A good kill....

No, it was a senseless murder by a coward who simply pulled the trigger of her big gun.. from a safe distance surrounded by security.

That lion had survived the harsh conditions of the Africa savanna from its birth. It had survived attacks by other lions, unimaginable diseases/infections, droughts, hunger, thirsts, harsh weather, and every natural elements.
It was a true living example of the life's triumph. - A living trophy. A miracle.

And one day, the cowardly human being with its big gun took that beautiful life away in a second. - by simply pulling the trigger.

trophy?? for what?
Nothing but to show off her cowardly act and her bare soul.

How would cowardly 'trophy' hunters feel if they were being hunted by advance alien beings who want a human body for a 'trophy' in their living room?
Old 21-11-2013, 04:46 AM
Nada

Duplicated some how..
Old 25-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
How would cowardly 'trophy' hunters feel if they were being hunted by advance alien beings who want a human body for a 'trophy' in their living room?

Probably the same way the prey felt as it was being run down by the lion. Doesn't make the lion cowardly just because he has weapons and the prey doesn't stand a chance. Nature is brutal that way.

Ever seen a cat toy with an injured bird?
Old 25-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Probably the same way the prey felt as it was being run down by the lion. Doesn't make the lion cowardly just because he has weapons and the prey doesn't stand a chance. Nature is brutal that way.

Nature is indeed brutal, but we as humans need not be brutal. We can choose love over anger, fear, cruelty and 'trophy' hunting.
Old 25-11-2013, 09:35 AM
shinenz

Quote:
Will make a heck of a trophy.

Are you serious?
Old 25-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Guide
Quote:

Nature is brutal which is why we as a more advanced species should not be. Trophy hunting is nothing more than mankind flexing his muscles. It is cruel and unnecessary. It is bullish behavior from a group who believe killing is the way to show they are superior. Angers me beyond belief. Animals do these things out of instinct, cat toying with injured bird is doing something instinctual, possibly even trying to play with it. Man shooting an animal for the joy of having a trophy is nothing more than cruel and indefensible behavior. Again nature is brutal enough we as the human race do not need to add to it.

SC
Old 25-11-2013, 01:17 PM
simcau

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
Nature is brutal which is why we as a more advanced species should not be.
I do agree with you about hunting for sport, but I think it's a mistake to see ourselves as being such an advanced species as that.

Certainly we are advanced from a technological and intellectual standpoint, but we don't exist separately from that brutal nature. We are a part of it, and our existence is at it's mercy. Our prolonged survival relies upon our responsible participation in nature - something we have certainly not been doing. Because we've not been responsible, we're seeing the vanishing fish stocks, the disappearance of species, the depletion of ground waters (and the resulting desertification), etc.

We are just as much a part of nature as the lions, the prey the lions hunt, and the vegetation that feeds that prey.
Quote:
Trophy hunting is nothing more than mankind flexing his muscles. It is cruel and unnecessary. It is bullish behavior from a group who believe killing is the way to show they are superior.
It is - but that's precisely how nature works. Just as animals will attack one another to display their dominance, humans sometimes attack animals to display theirs. Or sometimes they even attack other humans. The most aggressive people tend to be the most insecure... It's not a feeling of superiority that makes them want to display their dominance, but rather a feeling of inferiority that they are trying to beat back.

If you look back in human history, you would find a time when we didn't have the technology we do today, and we had to fight and scrape out our existence every single day. It's hard to imagine that nowadays because when we're hungry we just go to the mall and pick up what we need, or grow our own food on land that has been long since cleared of dangerous animals. But back then, large physically superior predators like lions would have posed a serious threat to us. We would have been competing with animals like them for territory, food, or shelter. Even securing water for ourselves would have had it's dangers, whereas now we just turn on a tap at home.

The thing is - as a species we aren't any different today than we were back then. The only differences would be that our technology has grown more advanced, and that due to modern comforts we've lost most of our survival instincts. The latter is similar to what happens to a domesticated animal (which is a strange way of thinking about it). But if you were to strip away today's technology, we would be exactly the same as we would have been back then. Once again at the mercy of the elements and predatory animals.

What I'm getting at is though we may rationally recognize that humans have risen to the top of the food chain, our elevation was merely the result of our technology becoming better - not us. That means all those primal fears still exist inside us, and some people are going to act against those fears (whether consciously or not) by asserting their dominance through trophy hunting.

Quote:
Angers me beyond belief. Animals do these things out of instinct, cat toying with injured bird is doing something instinctual, possibly even trying to play with it. Man shooting an animal for the joy of having a trophy is nothing more than cruel and indefensible behavior. Again nature is brutal enough we as the human race do not need to add to it.
It is instinct in us as well though. Not shooting things with guns, but seeking to display our dominance. If you look at children at any school, teens in any high school, or even adults in any work place, you'll find the same type of behaviour in them as you find in animals. The difference in humans is that we have the ability to recognize our behaviour and overcome that instinctual behaviour, but even when we do so those instincts are still there. They're just buried. Being bullies is behaviour that comes naturally to us. It was through being bullies that we were ever able to rise to the top of the food chain, and it is through being bullies now that we remain there.

I'm not defending trophy hunting at all, because like you I think it is wrong to do. But I don't think the intention behind it is purely malicious, or that it's unable to be understood.

That being said, I do think Riboflavin made some very good points in regards to the way we eat. The cruelty found in our meat and farming industries vastly outweigh a trophy hunter paying to hunt one animal. At least that lion got to live it's life as a lion up to that point. That's a better life than how we shackle calves by the hundreds of thousand (if not millions) so that over the course of their short lives they can never stand up and develop muscle, because doing so would affect the tenderness of the veal. That to me is a far more despicable practice.

Last edited by simcau : 25-11-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: grammatical error
Old 25-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcau
That being said, I do think Riboflavin made some very good points in regards to the way we eat. The cruelty found in our meat and farming industries vastly outweigh a trophy hunter paying to hunt one animal. At least that lion got to live it's life as a lion up to that point. That's a better life than how we shackle calves by the hundreds of thousand (if not millions) so that over the course of their short lives they can never stand up and develop muscle, because doing so would affect the tenderness of the veal. That to me is a far more despicable practice.
I agree, that's why I don't eat meat. There is no need whatsoever.
Old 26-11-2013, 01:16 AM
Guide
Quote:
I agree, that's why I don't eat meat. There is no need whatsoever.
Yup that's part of why I don't eat meat either.

Quote:
Exactly. Another huge problem right now is all the birds being killed by the wind farms, especially the eagles. 100's of thousands of avian get killed every year by wind farming all over the world. I had this idea to put up really tight and thin netting like chickenwire in front of the turbines in order to minimize wind resistance while keeping the birds from getting sucked into the wind tunnel. It seems like it would be a less expensive option than what they are currently trying. Then maybe every 3 hours they could auto turn off the turbines to let any trapped birds escape.

Quote:
I'm not defending trophy hunting at all, because like you I think it is wrong to do. But I don't think the intention behind it is purely malicious, or that it's unable to be understood.
Well I'll defend it a little anyway. I don't think there's anything wrong with testing oneself in the hunt. Especially when using things like bows. Like everything though it should be done in moderation, realize too that most likely for the people who do trophy hunt the lions it will probably be the one time in their lives that they do it. A few hundred lions a year, 10's of thousands combined rare animal trophy hunting.. compared with hundreds of millions of food animals, poaching, pollution, and multifarious other issues. We're talking billions here. Which tends to put things in perspective.

IMO trophy hunting is the least of human evils. Really the only reason people respond to this incident is because they were manipulated by the media into feeling an emotional response. The sheer hypocrisy of it just makes my head spin. The same people responsible for so much evil and suffering are going to spew their hate and condescend to this one chick because what? She kills one lion while giving nearly 30k dollars to support their conservation? Stopping poaching takes guns and manpower, neither of which is free.

Some days..

Last edited by Riboflavin : 26-11-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Old 26-11-2013, 03:11 AM
Nada

Quote:

Do you see yourself as the same level as a cat or a lion?
Have you ever seen any cat or lion having a "trophy" of their kill?

When a lion kills, it kills to survive. Nothing gets wasted as it feeds all creatures small and large when a lion kills.

Nature is brutal. Brutality is due to the nature of survival.
But nature also is absolute nurture with amazing energy of love.

As a human, we can choose where we place ourselves.

BTW, I eat meat. I can kill an animal if I have to feed myself, my love ones, and my pets. This is a natural order and I am a part of it. But I would not sacrifice a life of animal for fun. There should not be any fun in killing an animal.