Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 27-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Ascender
Seeking guidance from a Buddhist

I am just beginning to study Buddhism and I have a lot of questions about which direction to go and how to start applying this all to my life. Anybody willing to help me out please message me! It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 27-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Master
I am just sharing my experiences ......in my current understanding , Buddhism is not something that we search , or aim to be acheive or path to follow .......to me Buddhism is all about ownselves , knowing ownselves , experiencing ownselves , discovering ownselves and NATURALLY towards realization of ownselves leading to freedom of the self .
In short Buddhism is a NATURAL process YOU separating from YOURSELF ......you are nothingness and yourself are all your emotions so Buddhism is a natural process you realizing you and yourself and progessing into freedom from yourself back into your original condition being nothingness . So in my current understanding , by following and attached your knowledge on any so call " path" or " practices" or mediatation or any teaching , you just creating more emotion / more self leading to longer / more suffering journey in liberation from yourself ......to me , just be awake to aware , aware to realize , realize to accept , accept to further aware and naturally you will accepting yourself and you ........you will accept all being is same and equal , no special love for any being , you will realize that nothing belong to you nor family , material even your body is never belong to you ......you will progress into greater realization of being " LESS SELF".....all your emotions will decreased , all your desire , fear , love etc will decreased and this condition is NOT compassion as we understand by common knowledge . The condition of being "less self" is a condition that one will accept no differences , he will accept he is same as any human , animal , plant , micro-orgsm , dirt , pen , table etc .....he accept no special love for anyone or anything and treat all is same and equal ...this condition is NOT resulted from desire or practices but is reflection of the true nature of the condition .........this condition of being "less self " is not compassion as compassion is motivated by desire , by comparison , by need , by knowledge etc .....I really hope to debate with any body for my own learning process .To me in Buddhism there is no comparison of right verses wrong , no true verses false , no good verses bad and all being regardless their nature is a great source for our own learning process . No teaching in Buddhism just learning as Dalai Lama is same and equal to Osama Bin Laden , both are great source of discovering ownselves same as the leaf outside my window .......
Thks CSEe

Last edited by CSEe : 27-07-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 27-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Knower
I don't consider myself Buddhist but I have read the Dhammapada and I do believe in a lot of the teachings.

The basic idea is just to have compassion for all life and rid yourself of things such as jealousy, envy, craving and such by taming your mind. This is from the Dhammapada and it struck me. Perhaps it will have the same effect on you.

As a bee gathers nectar
And moves on without harming
The flower, its color, or its fragrance
Just so should a sage walk through a villiage

Do not consider the faults of others
Or what they have or haven't done
Consider rather
What you yourself have or haven't done

Buddhism is just about raising your own self awareness and consciousness. I don't believe there is a specific path to follow. I would highly recommend the Dhammapada translation by Gil Fronsdal
Old 28-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Master
In my current understanding , being good / kind to others in Buddhism concept is not resulted from desire or emotion but is a reflection of the condition of self realization . If we follow our knowledge / culture / social common understanding that we must be kind to others because that is a good deed and we always practice it , then we always creates more emotions , more knowledge and acceptance of the differences of what is right against wrong , true against false or good against bad .....this will creates more "self" and in Buddhism concept as what I currently understand , we are actually travelling in longer / more suffering path into self liberation ......in short as long as we creates desire or emotion regardless for any action , that is taking longer path .
In my current understanding of Buddhism , our action to help others is not resulted from our emotion to help , or our knowledge of comparing our condition with others or our desire ....but our action helping others is a reflection of our condition , in short in Buddhism we help others because we see no "others" , we know no special love , we realize we are the same as others , we realize there is no "others"......all is same and equal ....thats Buddhism .Buddhism is all about ownselves , understanding / realizing / accepting ownselves never others ....so if we awake to aware this Siddharta's Buddhism concept and as we progress into this path , our emotions , desire , fear , ego , love will decreased and the action of helping others in need is never the same as "compassion" as what we understand by common human knowledge .......In Buddhism , the action of helping others is a condition of being " LESS SELF" not compassion .
So if we keep promoting to do good , we are actually creates more emotion / more suffering and will always in the circle of life / death until we free from any emotion .............in Buddhism , just awake to aware YOU and YOURSELF and doing good iwill be natural action...
Thks
CSEe
Old 20-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
In my current understanding , being good / kind to others in Buddhism concept is not resulted from desire or emotion but is a reflection of the condition of self realization . If we follow our knowledge / culture / social common understanding that we must be kind to others because that is a good deed and we always practice it , then we always creates more emotions , more knowledge and acceptance of the differences of what is right against wrong , true against false or good against bad .....this will creates more "self" and in Buddhism concept as what I currently understand , we are actually travelling in longer / more suffering path into self liberation ......in short as long as we creates desire or emotion regardless for any action , that is taking longer path .
In my current understanding of Buddhism , our action to help others is not resulted from our emotion to help , or our knowledge of comparing our condition with others or our desire ....but our action helping others is a reflection of our condition , in short in Buddhism we help others because we see no "others" , we know no special love , we realize we are the same as others , we realize there is no "others"......all is same and equal ....thats Buddhism .Buddhism is all about ownselves , understanding / realizing / accepting ownselves never others ....so if we awake to aware this Siddharta's Buddhism concept and as we progress into this path , our emotions , desire , fear , ego , love will decreased and the action of helping others in need is never the same as "compassion" as what we understand by common human knowledge .......In Buddhism , the action of helping others is a condition of being " LESS SELF" not compassion .
So if we keep promoting to do good , we are actually creates more emotion / more suffering and will always in the circle of life / death until we free from any emotion .............in Buddhism , just awake to aware YOU and YOURSELF and doing good iwill be natural action...
Thks
CSEe

.........what.?? where do you get this stuff.?
Old 21-10-2013, 12:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by passnthru2
.........what.?? where do you get this stuff.?

Perhaps that is never important ...atleast not for me . Buddhism to me is a natural process that I will discover my emotions by being awake to aware , with that I realize that there is nothing owned by me nor family , material , knowledge , even "own body" or " own life" is never belong to me ...I am in this realization but still far from accepting it ....because I still full of polluted energy of desire , love , greed etc .
So my dear friend , this is my current understanding , is my current condition from all my knowledge , experiences , learning from all source , from my routine lifestyles , from my works , from sex , from sport , from surround me , from you etc ...is myself currently and perhaps will never be myself after I finish these sentence ......as I keep on moving , never stop ......I never owned this understanding so I do not know where I get it as that is my current realization .
Thks
CSEe
Old 07-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Knower

Get it straight from the source. If you can, make it a priority to visit temples of different branches of Buddhism. One will click and resonate with you, just trust, this is something beyond the intellect.
Then discuss from the lamas or leaders about the paths and practices they follow. Once again you will resonate with one. Later you can adopt another or as many as you like.
Once again this is not a logical decision, you will be sparked and your higher intelligence will be engaged. Good luck!
Old 12-05-2017, 07:49 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

the source of Buddhism is breath energy meditation (ANAPANASATI)
thats what the great one GAUTAMA taught to all his disciples .

Meditate and know the answer your self
Mediation is easy and free , no money involved
Just Google ,Pyramid meditation , its focusing on breath energy