Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 30-03-2017, 05:09 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana
My question was What nature should we achieve to not belong here?
you can't escape your nature.

Quote:
In other words, look around this planet, why is this where we belong? Where we got put? What can we do to be different so this is not where cause and effect puts us?

I guess if one likes earth and living in a human body keep doing what you are doing! Otherwise, change.
The way phenomena appear to you depends upon corresponding modes of consciousness.

Quote:
Become something that belongs in higher realms.
What you call 'higher realms' are just different modes of consciousness. It is your nature that provides these modes.
Old 30-03-2017, 08:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It was very revealing, but not in the usual way of university knowledge, but more in a way that in a few moments of listening I learned more about it than I have in all the readings and lectures I've done - which is a lot. The question went 'home' and it brought that connection which suddenly and unexpectedly made me involved in the healing as I became the ears to understand the story. There were other things going in the room which I noticed as well, but they are more 'inklings' which I couldn't rightly explain, but to me, the whole affect was profound...

Yes I can understand this and it is a beautiful point of connection all round. Ripples moving through the whole in this way. And the point of listening becoming what is was seeking to be moved or shared for more than itself.. When we are in "unknown" ground and enquiring deeper into the nature of the one sharing their own knowledge, its quite remarkable what opens most naturally in response at times like this. It can awaken to notice in such important and valuable aspects of the "person" in that knowledge..That is if people are noticing it. You were in the more obvious and subtle movements in that room so the knowledge in that moment becomes something deeper and more meaningful both of itself and the one who is sharing.

Many people often say to me, you always make me cry and I tend to naturally let go when I am around you. I am not consciously wanting to open them, I simply am present and being myself and it just happens through attentive listening and understanding. I notice that in the noticing for them its something very new and unusual to have occur. For me being open and just listening deeper, sharing and asking, supporting or just being me what moves between us is just moving as it needs too. Its often not my focus, more I am just being present and listening and by openness I just mean I am more open and clear as a "whole" in me, so to me its natural movements reflected, where as for the one letting go however they do, they are becoming more aware of what is contained in and not opened to share as a point of open being and believing I am the doer. I am not doing anything, just being present and listening. The more you have let go, the more open you become, naturally, those reflections are a good indicator of your own process and yourself too, as the one listening to another and asking important questions that enquire deeper. And when your enquiring and being present in a larger group it is no different, those ripples can be felt and noticed in quite remarkable ways.

Your story is a "great big" eye opening example of what your often trying to covey to those in threads like the Buddhist threads become, where many just want to prove their knowledge and understanding of what they know, not actually wiling to express themselves more open as themselves in all that.

Just thought I would mention that because I am very much agreeing in my chair here when I read what you often bring up in the quest of others tyring to show what they know, not what they understand of themselves in all that knowing.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 31-03-2017, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Yes I can understand this and it is a beautiful point of connection all round. Ripples moving through the whole in this way. And the point of listening becoming what is was seeking to be moved or shared for more than itself.. When we are in "unknown" ground and enquiring deeper into the nature of the one sharing their own knowledge, its quite remarkable what opens most naturally in response at times like this. It can awaken to notice in such important and valuable aspects of the "person" in that knowledge..That is if people are noticing it. You were in the more obvious and subtle movements in that room so the knowledge in that moment becomes something deeper and more meaningful both of itself and the one who is sharing.

I don't know what happened and I wasn't trying to do anything - it's just because my interest and curiosity was genuine and not for the sake of essays and grades and all that nonsense. It reveals the situation is so complicated one couldn't know what to do anyway, which is the general experience I have in human service, and why I never 'try to help'. Learning how to listen properly, and the key to that is self-awareness, so the best service anyone can be to others is to be self-aware. What we call 'present', as you say. When I was listening to her, I was fully absorbing it to the point she was releasing it... but there was a lot held back as well, which I had an intuition for, but I'm not one to pry.

Quote:
Many people often say to me, you always make me cry and I tend to naturally let go when I am around you. I am not consciously wanting to open them, I simply am present and being myself and it just happens through attentive listening and understanding. I notice that in the noticing for them its something very new and unusual to have occur. For me being open and just listening deeper, sharing and asking, supporting or just being me what moves between us is just moving as it needs too. Its often not my focus, more I am just being present and listening and by openness I just mean I am more open and clear as a "whole" in me, so to me its natural movements reflected, where as for the one letting go however they do, they are becoming more aware of what is contained in and not opened to share as a point of open being and believing I am the doer.

I think if people feel safe with you they'll let that wall down more, so it's rally all their own doing, provided that possibility or that option is available to them. Mostly there isn't opportunity and 'opening up' is vulnerability, which means it requires safe spaces.

Quote:
I am not doing anything, just being present and listening. The more you have let go, the more open you become, naturally, those reflections are a good indicator of your own process and yourself too, as the one listening to another and asking important questions that enquire deeper. And when your enquiring and being present in a larger group it is no different, those ripples can be felt and noticed in quite remarkable ways.

Your story is a "great big" eye opening example of what your often trying to covey to those in threads like the Buddhist threads become, where many just want to prove their knowledge and understanding of what they know, not actually wiling to express themselves more open as themselves in all that.

Well, I wasn't happy when the Buddhist became a power and knowledge game filled with right and wrong, accusations and dominance, and I did work at changing it to a more metta-like vibe, but that just make it go silent, so I figured Buddhist ones here like the right/wrong dynamic. Now I'm just, It's not the way I know as the way, but other's seem to go that way. I think its unfortunate because I have some experience in Buddhist meditation and Sangha lifestyle, but that has nothing to do with what we have here. People like it this way, though, so let them be happy, I say.

Quote:
Just thought I would mention that because I am very much agreeing in my chair here when I read what you often bring up in the quest of others tyring to show what they know, not what they understand of themselves in all that knowing.

Well, so long as Jonesboy approves you, you'll do fine .
Old 31-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
you can't escape your nature.

Yes that's right but then I believe I can change what I identify with. So change what I project and experience. Change what I am.