Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 31-01-2014, 01:25 AM
Pathfinder
Bunny Interesting energy sensation in hands

Hi everyone,

I had an interesting experience with energy in my hands after doing a massage and just wondering if anyone else has had an experience like it.

Last night I gave a friend a back massage for about 40 mins. When I was close to finishing I felt that I had some long strands of hair twisted around my left hand/fingers but couldn't find anything and figured it was just because the room was dark and had oil on my hands. I tried again when I finished when I washed off my hands but still strongly felt the hair strand sensation even though I couldn't see anything physically there. So I tried moving my hands together without toching them and the energy felt so strong it felt like having a tangible ball of pulsing energy in my hands that would squish to size according to how far apart I held my hands, and was stronger the closer my hands were together and was stronger through my left hand. I could still also feel the strand sensation as well.

I tried meditating with crystals afterwards to prolong and explore the experience but the sensation gradually faded away after about 30 mins. I can still this morning feel subtle energy in my hands, and again more so in my left hand. I also found it easy to get to sleep last night and slept for 10hr even though I'd slept for a few hours until late afternoon (I've been experiencing insomnia for the last couple of months, currently on leave from work and looking to do something else career-wise, and nursing a broken heart).

I've felt energy in my hands many times before when doing healing/meditating but nothing as strongly as this, so after other people's input/advise :)

Thanks
Old 04-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Yamah

There are two kinds of energy channels in the body: straight lines and spirals. Straight lines are used to transfer energy quickly from one area to another and to flow through. Spirals also go throughout the whole body from chakra to chakra. Spirals are generally smaller and thinner and more superficial (closer to the surface of the skin). Energy flows through them slowly and utilizing those channels can hold on to energy in an area for long periods of time as it sticks instead of flow.

I'm a professional massage therapist and by the end of every session my hands are almost boiling. Occasionally I feel creaks in my joints but i've never experienced a string binding sensation. It's possible that one of your channels was blocked or you weren't letting the energy continue through your fingers and a great deal of energy was pooling in the spiral.

If you want to cleanse out the problem try allowing water to run down your arm starting from above your wrist and dripping past your fingers. Relax into the water and imagine that your energy is flowing with it. Hopefully that will help. Otherwise let me know and i can try to suggest something else.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Master
suzee--

It's interesting you mention the strands because just recently, doing visualizations of energy coming into the crown (me or others), I've been seeing strands--like wiring instead of just colored energy.

I think my own hands are blocked still so I don't feel it through them. But Yamah's explanation is interesting to me.

Yamah--what is the difference between stranded energy in general and energy that is not? Do you know?
Old 06-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Pathfinder
Hi Yamah and IsleWalker thanks for replying :)

Yamah- I didn't know about the 2 types of energy so that's really interesting- I have no formal training in massage so it's good to hear from someone who's working in that area (I'm thinking of a career change at the moment and looking into studying alternative therapies and massage definitely interests me ).

I'm actually wondering if it was more the straight line energy in that it felt quicker and longer? Normally when I feel energy from my hands/others it's more like heat from a larger surface and pulsating but in a more subtle way- this felt like lines. I'm not sure about it being a blockage as I felt it flow out still, I guess because how it happened felt a lot different to usual. Although it felt like hair strands and I did feel them as twisty I wouldn't describe the energy as binding more like tangible lines of energy that had a strong physical sensation. However, the energy did feel stronger on my left side and a few days ago I had some reflexology and reiki done on my feet and the lady said the energy felt much stronger on my left foot. So perhaps the energy could have been a blockage and banked up so then felt it stronger?

I did a massage again last night and when finished I experienced the same sensation of the strands of energy from my hands but less intensely and it did not last as long.

IsleWalker- that is interesting that you saw the strands of energy as this is what it felt like. A friend said they did some kind of energy course a while ago where one type of energy was strand spiralling energy that represented DNA/karma- I don't have much more info than that but thought I'd mention it.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:40 AM
Master
Suzee--

I didn't mean the strand energy had anything to do with blockages, just that I have them in my hands, I believe.

I suppose it could indicate DNA energy--IDK.

Lora
Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Pathfinder
Hi Lora,
Sorry I didn't mean you had a blockage (think my reply was a bit unclear)- just thought interesting you saw an energy similar to what I felt :)

Yeah I have no clue about the DNA stuff other than when the friend mentioned it made me think of a card in an oracle deck I have called Earth Magic by Steven Farmer- the card is called DNA-karma and has the picture of the 2 intertwined kundalini serpents and the double helix- then thought perhaps some kind of relation to the strand feeling I experienced with the energy, don't know!