Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 17-04-2017, 05:47 PM
FrankieJG

I dislike most of the qualities of my mom.Is it a sin?

I know this is very wrong.I do love her but still there are so many things I dislike in her which I don't know how to explain. I have felt this way from my childhood days. I have heard that enemies incarnate as family members/dear ones. Could that be the reason here? Or am I simply a bad daughter.?

I find her annoying.She is kind of too bossy.I do love her.But there are so many things about her which I hate.Even dad complaints about them.Is this a sin?She met with an accident lately.A small domestic accident and she is unable to walk for a couple of weeks.She needs her bed pan near her.I refuse to do that work.She is not disgusting to me.I am simply not comfortable.I feel ashamed of myself.I feel like I don't love my mom and I am doing a sin.I can't force myself to show her my love.
Old 17-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Master
sin = an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.
since divine laws cannot be broken, there is no infraction... you have not sinned.
the things which you dislike are (likely) simply behaviors and/or personality quirks.
the being which is your mother is displaying those attributes, but those things
do not comprise her identity. the love you have is not informed by those
visible or imagined externals -- love comes from within you. your genuine
love is not based on the appearances of things, it's based in your own heart.

it's appropriate to walk away from repellent circumstances, but i believe that
your decision to do so should be informed by your loving nature, and not due
to 'indifferent' judgments, nor instinctive dislikes.

it could be that the reason for you to have manifested a mother who has
dislikable features is so that you can strengthen your intuitive heart and
become less reliant on your mental facilities for navigating through life.

i advise you to not hold hatred at all -- let it pass by without giving it a home.
purify your love.
Old 20-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
I know this is very wrong.I do love her but still there are so many things I dislike in her which I don't know how to explain. I have felt this way from my childhood days. I have heard that enemies incarnate as family members/dear ones. Could that be the reason here? Or am I simply a bad daughter.?

I find her annoying.She is kind of too bossy.I do love her.But there are so many things about her which I hate.Even dad complaints about them.Is this a sin?She met with an accident lately.A small domestic accident and she is unable to walk for a couple of weeks.She needs her bed pan near her.I refuse to do that work.She is not disgusting to me.I am simply not comfortable.I feel ashamed of myself.I feel like I don't love my mom and I am doing a sin.I can't force myself to show her my love.
You can not change the world, you can only change yourself and how you see the world. You will suffer when you insist on changing a world that can not be changed.
No one is perfect. Accept a person as is, good side and bad side. Know yourself, your personality, your judgment thought,... etc.
No one can change a person. A person can change only if that person want to. Before you have desire to change someone, change yourself first.
Try read this

What ever the reason is, the most important is the present moment, now. What is your current action. The past is already past.

And about sin, in Buddhism, there's no sin, only karma.

Hope it helps.
Old 20-04-2017, 05:51 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG

You seem to keep trying one forum after another with the same post ... Are you hoping to find a group that will give you the answers you'd like? ... or you're just trolling?
Old 07-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
You seem to keep trying one forum after another with the same post ... Are you hoping to find a group that will give you the answers you'd like? ... or you're just trolling?

Actually it's a question that needs to be asked over and over. Most people seem to have a mental block perhaps due to one the 10 commandments and don't get that parents can be murderers, rapists, highly abusive to their children etc... And these folks with the mental block like to shame those who need to cut all ties with their parents because it's the healthiest thing they can do.

Never judge because you rarely know the back story.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
Actually it's a question that needs to be asked over and over. Most people seem to have a mental block perhaps due to one the 10 commandments and don't get that parents can be murderers, rapists, highly abusive to their children etc... And these folks with the mental block like to shame those who need to cut all ties with their parents because it's the healthiest thing they can do.

Never judge because you rarely know the backstory.
We don't seem to have read the same posts authored by the OP.

I disagree with your "never judge" admonishment.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:35 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
We don't seem to have read the same posts authored by the OP.

I disagree with your "never judge" admonishment.

To further clarify I was referring to the question, not the author. Even if you think it's trolling, it's still a good question. And yes you are correct I have not read much from him/her.

A version of "judge not or ye shall be judged", can be found in almost all religions. We simply don't know enough to make the judgement. Now discernment and/or debating a philosophy, action or idea you you disagree with can be very beneficial IMO, perhaps that's really what you mean.

Use your discernment to avoid those don't have your best interests at heart or that simply don't know any better yet. No need to judge them. Put people in prison to protect others but you never really know what they have been though and what knowledge they lack. If everyone knew how awesome it is to choose to live in integrity, but alas many don't know that yet.

As I know it, Tibetan Buddhism teaches it's not beneficial to you to label good and bad, keeps us in duality and judgement. We soar when we stop labeling ourselves and others.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

may be you carrying it from your past life, the lesson in this life to accept like its is and love her un conditionally

Meditate and know the answer your self
Mediation is easy and free , no money involved
Just Google ,Pyramid meditation , its focusing on breath energy