Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 18-07-2015, 04:02 AM
Ummon

I think you are being unfair to the actual beliefs of the founders of philosophy and I think their arguments simply can be rephrased using modern parlance.

"Concerning the Gods, there are who deny the very existence of the
Godhead; others say that it exists, but neither bestirs nor concerns
itself nor has forethought for anything. A third party attribute to
it existence and forethought, but only for great and heavenly matters,
not for anything that is on earth. A fourth party admit things on
earth as well as in heaven, but only in general, and not with respect
to each individual. A fifth, of whom were Ulysses and Socrates are
those that cry:-- I move not without Thy knowledge!"

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-928668.html
Old 23-07-2015, 01:16 AM
Guide

When you say

"The power of believing you can improve your intellect", rather than the power of KNOWING you can improve your intellect."

I see you forget to dig on what is a belief.
Is there possibility of building bold arguments without sound beliefs?
Beliefs come from knowledge, as long as we are talking about philosophy.
Knowledge is not only content, is a system of thinking, but not only a mindset, rather than involves emotion and cognition.
I can barely separate belief from knowledge in Pragamatic point of view.
And there are treaties about.
Old 23-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Earth and Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzth
Beliefs come from knowledge, as long as we are talking about philosophy.
Knowledge is not only content, is a system of thinking, but not only a mindset, rather than involves emotion and cognition. I can barely separate belief from knowledge in Pragamatic point of view.
And there are treaties about.

I'll 2nd that.

Experience ergo observation, or at least our perception thereof, leads too,

knowledge-- skewed to whatever degree ---ergo mind/intellect to whatever degree, leads too,

extrapolating outward on onward, a rational, logical common sense belief, or,

a belief, that is not rational, logical and common sense based.

Scientific method looks to reproduce observations in differrent settings to validate claims of various skewed pereceptions from various individuals.

We observe, occupied space Earth, we do not observe occupied space heaven.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 23-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Guide

I do agree that belief is not always a rational process.
There are unexplainable beliefs, corresponding to choices, whatever the trigger.
And there are grounded beliefs, that I earlier referred as Pragmatic ones, those founded in logics.
However, I do not think that grounded beliefs are free from subjectivity, and in this sense, I refrain to acccept that every belief must be based on science. Even science admits abduction - not only induction and deduction. Abduction is in the realm of science (modern science), and it is not free from random way of knowledge.
Old 28-07-2015, 02:57 AM
Suspended

Phi lo sophia was a human scientific review of scientific cause and effect, done so only because science attacked life.

We have always considered life spiritual and have always told stories about life.

Spirit stories and natural living is the only truth to our life on Earth. Philosophy was a human consideration of creation review for self purpose and because it was considered demonstrates just how incorrect it is.

For the true existence on Earth as a life form is simply to exist.

The tribal communities demonstrate natural supportive life conditions, and civilization demonstrates that it abused the natural supportive life conditions.

Natural living knows that we have no wisdom about creation for it is aware that it lives and dies in the condition of its natural inheritance. Therefore it never has had a need to try to define descriptions for creation evaluations, for it has no purpose with evaluations.

As a human life only exists by self procreation, other life also existing because of self procreation then by self realization it is obvious that all other interactions belong to a natural state of self ownership.

The natural spirit therefore knows that it has no status regarding ownership or the naming of other presence, unlike that of the self possessed mind, who wants to own all things and insists that it should.

Therefore whilst we lived naturally, we also gained extra spirits as the natural spirit had children. The evolving of the consciousness enabled the new consciousness to believe in itself as a status of greatness and holiness above that of its own natural parentage.

Evolving consciousness was enabled to gain a condition of past living review, present living review to allow its condition to evolve as a status in the natural community.

Therefore the evolving consciousness eventuated into being the evil minded choice of evaluating and ownership of evaluations for self gain.

I understand myself that our ancient brother in the tribal community that gained the philosophical evil mindedness did so as a self status review. He wanted to own the Tribal established condition of hierarchy given to the Elder male of the Tribal community.

Being young and a new consciousness enabled him to think about his life circumstance and review his life condition incorrectly as a wisdom.

Being wise meant that you made choices that involved the community as a family and a condition that maintained balances. If you were old you would sew clothes...if you were young you would gather food. We once lived in balance.

Therefore philosophy was only a gained self purpose of our brother who has always maintained an incorrect evolved self status through his consciousness.

Historical evidence demonstrates that whenever our brother's consciousness evolves he thinks about new reasons to personalize his self status that causes a condition in our life to be inherited...self destruction for the non support of his family and community condition, which is simple equality through the defined functions of communal support.