Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-01-2016, 04:12 AM
Pathfinder
Never got one of those to work.
Old 19-01-2016, 04:22 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yharnam
Firstly, because astral projection is hard.

Secondly, because one doesn't know if the entity is stronger than oneself. With my luck, I'd go searching for my spiritual baddie only to find out that it's actually a gang of demons much more powerful than me, and that they proceed to enslave my astral being and then possess my body in order to use it to create an evil cult in which they organize an interdimensional human soul trafficking ring. Or something. I wouldn't attempt it, is all I'm saying...

Firstly, there have been attempts to research the paranormal. But there are three main problems with the research: a. While there have been findings that support the paranormal (mostly in psi research), there hasn't been much, and subsequently funding has been allocated to research that has made significant progress, b. Businesses haven't been able to figure out how to use it to benefit them, which again leads to less funding, c. There hasn't been any significant technological breakthroughs that allow us to competently study the paranormal, so no one really knows how to go about studying it.

Secondly, why are you complaining here? I'm aware that not all advocates for the paranormal are particularly interested in the paranormal being scientifically studied, but I don't know many who are against it. Personally, I have studied the paranormal, and I think it's a great idea. You're preaching to the choir.

Who you should be complaining to is CSICOP and similar organizations that have repeatedly attempted to smear paranormal research, pushed to defund research into the paranormal, and fuelled the stigma against paranormal research by calling it "pseudoscience." See: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ie=UTF8&btkr=1, http://www.amazon.com/Science-Psychi...MM6 WMQC0C8S0

For the same reason some people get bullied on 4chan and some people don't. Not every entity you talk to via Ouija board is a jerk, and you may not get a response at all.

Don't worry about it too much. With a physical body you will be stronger than any entity you run into. You can even absorb them into your microcosmic orbit. Don't let the movies confuse you Hollywood is a terrible at portraying how this stuff works.
Old 19-01-2016, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmallpanda
Don't worry about it too much. With a physical body you will be stronger than any entity you run into. You can even absorb them into your microcosmic orbit. Don't let the movies confuse you Hollywood is a terrible at portraying how this stuff works.
Sure Hollywood is not accurate, however I don't feel this is good real world advice. Even if you are 'stronger', you need to know how to defend yourself. People can and do get 'problem' entities and are not easily able to get rid of them.
Old 19-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmallpanda
Don't worry about it too much. With a physical body you will be stronger than any entity you run into...

That's what they want you to think...

Seriously, though, I've never astral projected before, and if I ever accomplish it, I'd have no idea what to do or expect when I got there. I wouldn't be surprised if some conniving entity was able to con me into doing something even if I was stronger. Home-field advantage and all that.

Also, I'm not sure I buy that the living are stronger by default simply because they have physical bodies. I'm not worried about it either, but if it's true, I am a little disappointed.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Knower
In the hands of a person who knows what they're doing, they're a safe bet. But in the hands of the inexperienced or those seeking evil, they pose a greater threat.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 11-02-2016, 04:25 PM
Guide
I wouldn't trust it.. There are other more safer ways to communicate with spirit than through something that more "darker" spirits use and know as a portal to easily get to people.
eyes ablaze with intensity,
a labyrinth of her deepest emotions.