Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 23-08-2014, 03:03 AM
Raven Poet

Frogs galore

Good evening everyone. This past month or so, I've been surrounded by frogs - tree frogs and leopard frogs. Every time I step outside my house, there is a few of them hanging around the door. The tree frogs have also been busy pooping on my deck!

From what I recall, frogs are healers - their calls to the rain brings the healing medicine water down from the skies.

Anyone else have any teachings or thoughts to share about frogs?
Old 23-08-2014, 03:38 AM
Master

I remember one year I was having repeated encounters with Brown Recluse spiders and the next year it was Black Widow Spiders. You may need to speak with your Spirit guides and ask them what the frogs are there to "remind" you.
Old 23-08-2014, 04:12 AM
Raven Poet

Whoa - the spider nation was visiting/coming to you? I'm sort of glad I have frogs this year! I won't hurt spiders (or any living creature, unless by accident) but I wouldn't want to cozy up to them.
Old 23-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Master

If I put the spiders outside my ducks will eat them so no matter what I do, the spiders are a goner. And I simply will not have brown recluse and black widows in the house. I've been bitten twice by brown recluses.

Hey, frogies aren't so bad. They're cute.

I caught a toad the other day and put him in my neighbor's yard so my dogs wouldn't bother him. They are great bug eaters.
Old 23-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Experiencer
I don't know much about frog lore in specific, but I know that in the Coastal Northwest (Oregon/Washington/Northern Cali) there are tales of brother Frog, and his connections to a figure called the Copper Woman. I was never able to find out that much, but it might be a lead all the same. Best of luck, Raven.
Old 29-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Raven Poet

Aki, so many times you post something and I have an amazing connection to it! And you did it again!

"Copper woman" ... I am going to have to find out more about her. See, years back I had a dream in which the goddess Ishtar (who I had never heard about before then) came to visit me, and she told me to keep certain medicines close to me to protect myself from negative energies - one of those medicines was Copper. Then I found out through research that copper is considered to be a "feminine" element!

Cool! Thanks for sharing