Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-01-2011, 03:10 AM
-River-

For Those who are Seeking

I generally find that in my life the grass is always greener on the other side. For that i mean the unknown (how do we know it doesnt have more lush fruits if we have never been there?)

So in this regard we always push forward to what we have not already experienced. Perhaps this meets at the final frontier, the "after-life". What does life mean if not for death? Because without it there is truly one existance, physical thought and awarness of one as a living entity. We will always strive to be more than what we ounce were hoping to find closure- hoping to find peace and rest. Am I wrong or just completly confused?.....
Old 13-01-2011, 03:55 AM
sidewalk_bends

I think the mistake many make is the assumption that death or the next life will reveal more than we can possibly know in this life. To, there is no difference between this life and the next except perception. One veil may be lifted but it doesn't mean that another is not dropped.

That being said, my belief, what I feel from my own heart is that there are no veils in truth. We hold ourselves back. So what is attainable later is also attainable now. It's all a choice. How we make that choice is up to us.
Old 13-01-2011, 04:16 AM
Master
Yes your confused but that's normal, what you are after is what the mind is after. When you realize who you truly are, you will know that there is no fencers, that there is no separation, so the grass is green everywhere. You will also realize that there is no death and that there is no one to be born, as long as you believe that you are nothing but the mind body organism you will always believe in death and the after life.
Old 13-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -River-
I generally find that in my life the grass is always greener on the other side. For that i mean the unknown (how do we know it doesnt have more lush fruits if we have never been there?)

So in this regard we always push forward to what we have not already experienced. Perhaps this meets at the final frontier, the "after-life". What does life mean if not for death? Because without it there is truly one existance, physical thought and awarness of one as a living entity. We will always strive to be more than what we ounce were hoping to find closure- hoping to find peace and rest. Am I wrong or just completly confused?.....

No youre not confused. You have described a natural born seeker beautifully. But it seems, to me, that you havn't yet accepted that you are a seeker...and too many people will tell you not to keep seeking, there is nothing to be found.

But seeking is what a seeker does...finding doesnt count for so much....and if you can accept yourself as a seeker, then there is peace and joy in the act of seeking for you.
Old 13-01-2011, 04:04 PM
meta_synthesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by -River-

We don't mate. That's why it's unknown. I find there truly is no unknown, except as a never-encountered arbitrary possibility. It is never encountered as such. When the unknown indeed is encountered, it becomes, thus is, the known.

Quote:
So in this regard we always push forward to what we have not already experienced.

I sure do.

Quote:
Perhaps this meets at the final frontier, the "after-life". What does life mean if not for death?

I find such a question meaningless. Maybe there is no death. I personally have not experienced it. I assume it's true, I'll die, this body will not always last, but I do not know if I am the body or not. If I remain essentially intact after the body dies, I do not know if this essence itself can die, can be destroyed. If it can, likewise, does something/anything remain after THAT? And so on. I have no idea about all these random possibilities.

Quote:
Because without it there is truly one existance, physical thought and awarness of one as a living entity.

Who knows. Maybe one can transcend this while living. If it is not experienced, it is therefore not known.

Quote:
We will always strive to be more than what we ounce were hoping to find closure- hoping to find peace and rest.

You can only speak to your own experience in such a case. I personally do not know peace or rest. I strive after both. If I find and "attain" peace and rest, I will get back to you on weather I continue to move forward. I suspect I will.