Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 16-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Master
Feeling guilty

Monday night at work I was sick running a fever of 100 and feeling like I had to throw up all night, went home and did nothing. The following day at 6 am yesterday I got up early to get a staff meeting done early and went to the gym forcing myself to walk a mile and swim a mile. Today I feel sick again and am not going to go to the gym and I feel really guilty.
I don't know why I just do.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Knower

You SHOULDN'T force yourself to exercise when you feel ill, take a few days to recover!
Old 17-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Administrator
Hey Spiritlite,

You need to rest and take it easy, forget the gym your body is telling you it needs to heal so listen to it

Namaste
Old 17-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Master
THanks guys......today I feel even worse so I'm not going again....thankyou all for helping me to understand I shouldn't be so hard on myself or judgmental.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Monday night at work I was sick running a fever of 100 and feeling like I had to throw up all night, went home and did nothing. The following day at 6 am yesterday I got up early to get a staff meeting done early and went to the gym forcing myself to walk a mile and swim a mile. Today I feel sick again and am not going to go to the gym and I feel really guilty.
I don't know why I just do.
Spiritlite.

Hello

The body is telling ye DOWN TIME. Its a hard lesson to learn at times I know that one full well.

THIS time when I got a cold I took tha DOWN TIME ye know the body was right I needed to have that place and time to heal. I am happy to say when it started to flair up me Asthma I STOPPED in what I had to do. It stopped the Asthma.

I truly feel that listening to the body does work. I am one to run head long forward when sick. This time stopped....I feel better for it.

Lynn
Old 17-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Lostgirl

I completely understand where you are coming from.

This week i promised myself i would start my work out regime again, and it started well until i came down with the mother of all colds!! meaning i havent been able to.

I think its a way of your body saying you need to slow down and take a break, give your body a break. I have now sort of gotten over that guilty feeling, but im starting to feel better and i know that as soon as i do i can start back from where i left off. Sometimes you need to treat yourself like having a bit of chocolate when you have been on a diet, the little treats make it all worth it!
This might be your body telling you to take a little break!
Old 17-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Master
Thankyou again guys :)
Feeling very poopy right now.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Master
You may be trying to please someone from the past, someone who has made you feel unworthy of yourself, subconsciously you are still trying to please that person, you don't have to please anyone, you only need to be your self, your perfect SELF.
Old 17-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Master
True Pscycho that could be very true I'll think on that right now.
Spiritlite.
Old 27-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Ciqala

I think you should be careful Spiritlite, and understand more deeply why you are pushing yourself to work out, and why missing some is making you feel so guilty and horrible. Working out releases those amazing endorphins, but it shouldn't be the only thing that makes us feel secure, and feeling the need to force ourselves to work out while we are sick, could signify an unhealthy relationship with physical activity.
Usually when we work out too much or with unhealthy goals, the body becomes ill to teach us to slow down, for a good reason.
You shouldn't feel guilty about missing physical activity. Maybe you are concerned that your hard work will be erased? Well that is impossible, endurance wise, and strength wise, and weight wise, it takes a long time for the body to lose it's progress.
Also remember, that taking rest time, is important for physical activity. If you do not rest and balance it out (you actually need more rest than physical activity), you will not make any progress, seeing as the muscles, body, endurance, need rest time, proper fuel, water, the whole body needs rest in order for the effects of physical activity to show.
Maybe your self esteem is low, and perhaps you are using physical activity to feel better about yourself. There are many reasons why, but i think you should look into it, because guilt is not a healthy feeling.