Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-10-2019, 03:18 PM
Seeker
Ashes to Ashes

Hypothetical question.

If there was proof, without a shadow of a doubt, that there was nothing beyond death, would it change your life?

If so, how and why?
Old 16-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Master
Not really.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 16-10-2019, 07:09 PM
Master

I believe it is a waste of time to think about that.

Why?
  1. Assume you believe there is "something" after death & there is "nothing". You won't find out, and you won't care.
  2. Assume you believe there is "nothing" after death & there is "something". Surprise! Good surprise? Bad surprise?
Obviously, the best bet is to live as if there were "something" after death!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-10-2019, 10:21 AM
Seeker
I agree it's a waste of time. However, to clarify my statement I think everything is a waste of time ultimately.

Why is your last statement obvious? My question was more along the lines of whether it would affect your LIFE, not what happens after death. I could counter your obvious statement with:

If you know there's nothing, then you'll live your life (or waste your time) more richly/rewardingly because it's all you've got.
Old 19-10-2019, 10:19 PM
Deactivated Account

I am okay/content in the knowing that I will one day die and there will be nothing afterwords. No rewards, no heavens gate, no after life. Dementia runs strong in my family, so it's not like I will remember as I start aging anyways, heh

If I had the choice, I most certainly would have skipped this life time LOL..it;s a challenging one but granted I am here. I most definitely don't take my life for granted. Not for one second. I am very grateful I wake up where I am and do the things I love every single day. To add, If I am 'going', I am at peace knowing that I loved and gave my ALL to two little kiddos. I did my part, Thats all.

What are your thoughts Apple Core? And where are you with these questions? Cool name, btw
Old 20-10-2019, 12:09 AM
Administrator
Hello

Its actually an interesting question. As a Medium I deal with a lot that doubt that there is something after death even after they come to me in spirit form.

I would not change anything in this life though I have to admit there were some darker times in life where I at times wished there maybe was no life. Regrets bring in Karma I feel so more I look to the lessons that this life has given and will give in the challenges a head.

If there is nothing to come so be it, if its all but an illution that we live and experience with the brain's imagination we have in tow so be it the Universe has given me a nice ride of experiences so far and a great gift of children and a Twin Flame. If that does not go forth after passing its all good .

Lynn
Old 20-10-2019, 12:10 AM
Master
I don't believe in an afterlife. I would probably be more scared if there was one. I don't wish to reincarnate. Not in this society. The future looks scary. I definitely don't want to go to heaven. I enjoyed my family while they are/were alive. I don't want to spend an eternity with them. *shudders at the thought*

Maybe hell would be my best bet.
Old 20-10-2019, 03:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCore
I agree it's a waste of time. However, to clarify my statement I think everything is a waste of time ultimately.

Why is your last statement obvious? My question was more along the lines of whether it would affect your LIFE, not what happens after death. I could counter your obvious statement with:

If you know there's nothing, then you'll live your life (or waste your time) more richly/rewardingly because it's all you've got.

At some point in my life, when everything was going well, instead of just enjoying it, I start thinking: why am I living this life? what am I meant to do? with no religious connotations.

I couldn't answer my questions. That started my quest to find out: is there a reason for me living this life? Can I find it first handedly, without taking anybody's word for it?

After years, putting many hours and much energy into it, I had experiences, formed opinions, and now feel much more comfortable about the above questions.

One conclusion, and I acknowledge that I can't be 100% sure of anything, nor I can convince anybody ... So, one conclusion is that living just instinctively and/or emotionally and/or intellectually will be (indulgently) felt as a waste in the very moment our awareness leaves these bodies. It will feel exactly as when you wake up from a regular dream, be it a nice dream or a nightmare (that won't make much of a difference). You'll think: darn! again I din't get lucid in my dream! I'll have to get lucid next time!

Sorry, I can't find in any way possible to put my self in the hypothetical situation you suggested. So, in my previous post I proposed a logical argumentation (which I believe to be correct) for not spending time and imagination on that hypothesis. Better, start your quest to find out for yourself, not taking anybody's word for it!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-10-2019, 05:40 AM
Seeker

I probably might have opted out on a few rough times.

But the fact that we go on has kept me hanging in there and I've manged to go onto lots of great things in this physical plane.
Old 20-10-2019, 08:53 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCore
Hypothetical question.

If there was proof, without a shadow of a doubt, that there was nothing beyond death, would it change your life?

If so, how and why?

I live this life in hope that there is an afterlife.If there was proof that there wasn't, I'd have topped myself years ago.