Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-12-2019, 07:41 PM
Knower
Does anyone else here have to keep their spiritual side secret? And how do you cope?

We can’t always be as open as we’d like to be. Some people may not even like being open. For me, the thought of having to keep everything secret from those around me is a constant background noise in my head. I’m always trying to keep even my interest in spiritual studies from being discovered, for fear it’ll lead to more questions being asked. Needless to say, it takes a heavy toll on me.

Does anyone else, for any reason, have to keep it all to themselves? How do you cope with that?
Old 07-12-2019, 08:03 AM
Guide
This tends to be a common problem. People might close themselves off to you just because you talk about certain things, sometimes even longtime friends. What's scary about more questions?

What I follow right now I perfectly cope with it being a secret... Because it feels like the secret to life. If word got out it would cease to be impactful
Old 07-12-2019, 08:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastthemirror

Does anyone else, for any reason, have to keep it all to themselves? How do you cope with that?

Yep. A lot gets bottled up and left unsaid. Even here i keep quiet about much that's spiritual related. I cope the best way i can.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:19 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucely
This tends to be a common problem. People might close themselves off to you just because you talk about certain things, sometimes even longtime friends. What's scary about more questions?

What I follow right now I perfectly cope with it being a secret... Because it feels like the secret to life. If word got out it would cease to be impactful
Well, if they found out why I was looking into spiritual matters, they’d either think i’m crazy or want nothing to do with me anymore.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
We can’t always be as open as we’d like to be. Some people may not even like being open. For me, the thought of having to keep everything secret from those around me is a constant background noise in my head. I’m always trying to keep even my interest in spiritual studies from being discovered, for fear it’ll lead to more questions being asked. Needless to say, it takes a heavy toll on me.

One can simply gauge the depth and interests of others and focus on that. If a connection is made via an exploratory lightweight spiritual statement that intrigues the other, one can go deeper. If not, one stays at the level of the dialogue.

If there is not enough depth or mutual interests to satisfy one's self, one focuses on finding different company.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:50 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:

No, I don't live in secret.

If I'm pulled to be open I am. Some things though are only talked about in general terms.
I like questions, but most people don't care for the answer and are usually sorry they asked, but I am mainly an open book, when the time is right.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi Pasttthemirror,

Some things are personal. Meaning they are for me and no one else.

Can express my view point and if another understands and/or relates to it, great.

If not, may not be a reflection of me as much as it is a reflection of the other.

Can learn from others, if open to learn. Disagreements occur, even among friends. If someone says he/she is your friend then,to me, he/she accepts me (warts and all, so to speak).

Just my opion here, so ask; if someone only accepts you as a friend based upon his/her terms are they really being a friend?

Isn't friendship a two way street? Meaning, we all have a unique way of being that makes up an individual, IMO. If another is threatened by what I or you believe or come to know, why?

Not saying to lay it all out there, but perhaps present little pieces here and there as felt to be comfortable. If another is receptive, then perhaps a conversation can be created. If not, then I learned that subject is best left alone.

Just a thought here. What gives the impression that others may think you are "crazy" or do not want to associate with you?

I have had similar feelings and find at times are just assumptions. Yes, at other times it happens, so find such subjects are better left unsaid.

I do not know you or your situation, just presenting some thoughts on this.

Find ways that help release some held stress. What you find works for you.

I follow my gut and go by if it feels right, then take the chance, if not then most likely not worth the effort.

People come in all styles and the trick for me is to do my best to understand the other. Not to beat myself up over it. To find ways to enjoy the exploring. If others get it, great. It is not always about what others may or may not get. At times it is about what it (whatever it may be) brings into my life.

Sometimes it is not what is said that matters as much as how one acts. Meaning, if words are difficult to express or get in the way, perhaps let your actions reflect what you desire to happen. Again just a thought.

All the best
Old 07-12-2019, 02:38 PM
Quote:
I’m always trying to keep even my interest in spiritual studies from being discovered...

Good question.
Yes - not necessarily secret -cuz I already blew that, LOL
But, to now never say anything spiritual - especially things I've learned that could aid in a situation of confusion, thus pain,
for the loved one used to be frustrating for a second.

But, I see so clearly now it is their Path, their life and if they do not want to
hear my perspective that would help - ok.
Period. And THAT in itself is perfect for me!! Ha!

I know that we all take our own time (and that time is an illusion) and
we will all get to the same place
at the perfect time --call it Home - Peace- Self-realization - clarity, wisdom and knowledge - Union.

It's all perfect timing.

And I do have friends to express spiritual things with.
There are people you would call in a roadside emergency and others you would not - people
you would go to a bar with
and others you would not...there are
people you can share with and others you would never...that's just the way it is.
Hope that helps.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow

Just a thought here. What gives the impression that others may think you are "crazy" or do not want to associate with you?
I probably should have clarified earlier in the thread, but i’m Still somewhat hesitant to talk much about it outside of my thread in the “yourspace” subforum. I’m a werewolf. I don’t hurt people, but if I showed someone, I wouldn’t blame them for freaking out, And if I didn’t show someone and just told them, I couldn’t blame them for trying to get me sectioned.

Sorry for being vague earlier, i’m Just still somewhat embarrassed to say something that would appear ridiculous to most people, and I worry that the only reason I haven’t been chased off this forum yet is because i’ve Flown under the radar thus far.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
One can simply gauge the depth and interests of others and focus on that. If a connection is made via an exploratory lightweight spiritual statement that intrigues the other, one can go deeper. If not, one stays at the level of the dialogue.

If there is not enough depth or mutual interests to satisfy one's self, one focuses on finding different company.
Thought about doing that. Maybe turn it into a sort of game. “How weird is too weird?”