Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 05-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Neville

Does Crystal Therapy really work?

Quartz crystal healing is a new age type of alleged complementary medicine which is ostensibly a lot of hocus pocus coupled with a large degree of quackery.

This surprisingly is the view that some people hold regarding the use of quartz crystals as a means to promote health and healing. The purpose of this article is to dispel these observations.

The first point to make is that their is absolutely nothing New age about crystals. The value of crystals can be seen in the tomb of Tutankhamun from over 3330 years ago and prior to that in the construction of Stone Circles 4,500 years ago where stones were specially selected and in the case of Boscawen Un Stone Circle in Cornwall one of the Stones is made entirely of quartz. In the case of Stonehenge, a specific type of stone containing quartz, Preseli Bluestone was brought from over 150 miles away in South Wales to be used in its construction. Most Royal Houses today carry a collection of crown jewels. Even the Bible contains a reference to crystals in the book of Ezekiel 28-13;

Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.”

This clearly indicates that a connection was thought to have existed between crystals and divinity. More recently in 1949 the song writer Jule Styne penned the song “Diamonds are a girls best friend”. Today people the world over wear items jewellery that contain a type of crystal.

Why? The question presents itself , What is the big deal with crystals ?

Firstly we will consider some of the properties of quartz, a widely available and very common gem stone that comes in ,Amethyst,Agate,Aventurine,Carnelian,Flint, Tigers eye and Jasper to name but a few.

Quartz has the remarkable ability to conduct very small electrical impulses and currents, many modern day applications are dependent on quartz, from the pure grade silicon quartz used in micro processors and silicon chips to the quartz operated wrist watch, also theirs the piezo crystal ignition for gas hobs and the Liquid Crystal Screen (L.C.D) technology now used widely in Televisions.

Our own central nervous system operates using micro electrical impulses, you will see this when you pull a jersey over your head and the static electricity produced by you makes your hair stand on end, another example is when you get a shock from a shopping trolley at the supermarket.Pain impulses from the nerves to the brain are electrical in nature. Even your very own life blood, when viewed under a microscope has a crystalline structure.

It is then, not too great a leap of imagination to suppose that quartz can interact with us on a biological level.

Moving away from the more scientific aspects it is worth considering why crystals are worn in jewellery. The answer is straight forward. crystals make you feel good. If something is aesthetically pleasing it automatically makes you feel better. Holding, admiring and contemplating a jewel releases serotonin in your brain, serotonin is a natural endorphin chemical that for want of a better expression, and yet quiet appropriately, raises your spirits.

As you gaze at your own crystal that is precious to you, a number of other beneficial biological processes occur. Your breathing slows, though you may not notice it, and you become quiet relaxed. Your heartbeat slows in accordance with your breathing reducing blood pressure.Your Brain becomes focused on the crystal initiating a form of mindfulness in that all other, perhaps more troubling and detrimental thoughts are exiled. A type of meditative thinking is taking place.

Based upon the information in this article it is perhaps worth reconsidering the possible view that crystal therapy is new age quackery. In fact crystal therapy is a very real and potent aid to well being practiced by any one who wears an item of jewellery containing a precious or semi precious gem.

Best Wishes Neville
Old 05-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Well, a person could always try it out for themselves.

Say you have a person that drives you out of your mind - a co-worker, a parent -
but I mean where you want to strangle them---clean and wear a crystal around your neck - a clear quartz is great - see now how you feel spending hours with them.

Or
Get really 'room spinning drunk' -yukky, sorry --and hold a smokey quartz, the bigger
the better I must say- close to your body - like the tummy area - open or close your eyes.
Room still spinning?

Put it down - room spinning?
Hold it again.
Anyone would be a believer after those tests.

Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-11-2010, 04:52 PM
shelliport

I Love Crystals!!

WONDERFUL posts! I can truly relate, to others putting crystals down and/or not trying for themselves. I keep a crystal on my desk at work, I usually rotate between pink rose quartz heart shape to surround myself with only love, a regular quartz to empower and a malachite for healing. I learned about the power of crytals from Doreen Virtue's books, and have had the most powerful experiences using malachite, the crystal associated with the healing powers of Archangel Raphael.

I also recently learned that the purpose of the 13 crystal skulls is for us to learn how to decode or connect them in some way to obtain the wealth of information they contain for us to advance ourselves. It makes sense when you realize how crystals are used for advanced technology as well as spiritually and physically enhancing for us. And especially for us humans to recognize their use and become drawn to them because they are in the shape of our own skulls/heads/brains! I hope their true meaning and messages are revealed soon!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Master
Yeah I love this post, people who are nonbelievers to begin with without an open mind are NOT going to feel the healing aspect of cyrstals so there's no point in trying to convince people who are like that.
I believe they heal I've used them since I was 18 and I'm now 35, they make me stronger, take away my emotional and physical pain, make me calmer etc. I love my crystals :)
Great posts.
Spiritlite.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 PM
AnnoyingPony

I don't believe in crystal healing, but I certainly used to. (I'm pretty sure I have a copy of "The Crystal Bible" laying around here somewhere...) I do have a rock collection as well. Crystals can be pretty though, there's no denying that.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Master
Annoying so you gonna keep your crystal collection ;)
Spiritlite
Old 06-11-2010, 09:18 PM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Annoying so you gonna keep your crystal collection ;)
Spiritlite

Of course. My personal favorite is blue tiger's eye.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I can't consider myself a total believer, but at the same time, not the type to completely shut it out. I had just ordered another Desert Rose/Selenite Rose to put in my other pocket.

I wound up with one of these when I purchased a bag of seashells at the local Salvation Army store. I immediately took to the stone, even though I didn't know what its 'metaphysical properties' were.

I continue to keep it with me and found it very helpful through this last bit of transitioning. It helps me also get more in touch with who I am (Gunther-Heinrich Prien) as well...and integrate that.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Master
ooh I have on of those but it's not in the shape of the obvious rose, just remember DON"T put those in water.
Spiritlite.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Master
I think there is something to crystals but I don't think the power comes from them in particular. I think they can act as amplifiers to our own energy or the energy that's just out there in the universe. Which is pretty much what you've said in your article Neville - nice to see I'm on the same page.