Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 16-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Seeker

BigJohn, you said "Hopefully, some day I will get the full answer." You know what you know and feel deeply about what you feel - what Spirit tells you. To me, that's good enough for now. Another time - place, you will be give a definitive answer.

blessings,
feather
Old 17-03-2020, 09:22 PM
Seeker

Native American spirit but not Native American

Thank you for this thread.

I joined this forum in hopes of connecting with those of similar spiritual awareness, interests and levels, and am pleased to discover a native peoples thread here.

I am of mixed blood with Blackfoot, Oneida, Cherokee, English and Irish. As a young boy my half Cherokee Grandmother used to walk me to Church on Sundays where I was Baptized at the age of twelve, having already began feeling a connection with something unseen and much greater and wonderful than ourselves.

Looking back, I am very grateful for her placing my feet on my own spiritual path, where my guides could lead me on journeys that would teach me many understandings of myself and the Creation, and where I gained experiences well beyond normal comprehension.

Thank you Grandmother.
Old 17-03-2020, 11:54 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokey

I joined this forum in hopes of connecting with those of similar spiritual awareness, interests and levels, and am pleased to discover a native peoples thread here.

I am of mixed blood with Blackfoot, Oneida, Cherokee, English and Irish. As a young boy my half Cherokee Grandmother used to walk me to Church on Sundays where I was Baptized at the age of twelve, having already began feeling a connection with something unseen and much greater and wonderful than ourselves.

Looking back, I am very grateful for her placing my feet on my own spiritual path, where my guides could lead me on journeys that would teach me many understandings of myself and the Creation, and where I gained experiences well beyond normal comprehension.

Thank you Grandmother.

Welcome Okey Dokey.
Old 18-03-2020, 12:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokey

Thank you Grandmother.

Interesting.

When I was a boy, we lived on land that the Oneida Indians would come each year and reside on for a period of time.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-08-2020, 04:06 PM
Ascender
Yes. Absolutely. Always had a magnetic pull since I was about 4 years old. Found out way back in history about some Seneca native american heritage in my family. Very proud but am fearful of it coming off as cultural appropriation. Would never want to offend. Besides this, the way of life feels deeply engrained in me as if it were even a past life. Beautiful experiences. Currently living where the Salish once thrived. Can feel that energy all over Seattle.

Cherokee morning song I learned in a medicine wheel group years ago. Has stuck with me ever since.
https://youtu.be/YhcgX1VHsgk
Old 12-08-2020, 05:17 PM
Master
I once lived for some time on land one tribe claimed was there land.
When I left, they bought it.

I used to go to some meetings in which the Den Mothers would attend.
Surprisingly, the Den Mothers normally went along with my ideas instead of that of the Chief.

Small World.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-08-2020, 11:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by feather
Our spirit takes us on many journeys.
Spirit takes us where it takes us.
It sure does.

Like many 'indigenous persons', I too felt like a jigsaw puzzle with many vital pieces missing.
Being a descendant of war-refugees .... for reasons, not much of the past of who we are was told.

Prior to DNA tests, the only way to get a sense of the past as a whole - was through intuition.

So why did I have past life Siberian memories and knowing – for example my Totems etc. etc. ?
Why did I feel like I am a White-Sea-Karel/Saami mix?
Why often, when I would go deeper within about my ‘Siberian’ (cellular memory) – ‘Native American’ connection would pop up?

With the DNA-test – my Spirit guided journey was validated and put to rest as I am White-Sea-Karel/Saami/Siberian + still carrying some; - so called “Amerind admixture” from way back + of course a really hefty dose of Neanderthal (Can't get more "First Nations" than that, *smile*)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjGy06piQRU

Old 19-08-2020, 10:52 AM
Administrator
It is Nice that you found out your Heritage i think we all need that wisdom

Namaste
Old 04-11-2020, 11:14 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by feather
Since I was very young, I've always felt drawn to Native American spirituality.
despite being a non-native. As I got older, that draw became more and more heightened.

At times when I get stressed and overwhelmed with life stuff, I head to Youtube and listen to and watch "Amazing Grace" in Cherokee by Walela. I find it comforting and soothing. Are there other non-natives who have had and do have that draw?

Hello feather,

Sometime in my 20s, I found native American stuff online and have felt drawn to them... images and sounds, culture and traditions, spirituality and more. I never really delved much deeper and then out of the blue, a little more than 10 years later, I had a dream where a native American man and woman were talking. It was a very short scene and didn't seem connected to the rest of my dream. I had wondered if it might actually be a scene from one of my past lives. I've never had flashes of any of my past lives (growing up, reincarnation just always made perfect sense to me) in real life but I have been wishing to get a glimpse of one or a few of them at least. I now wonder if you may have had a similar dream...

Like you, I found the Amazing Grace in Cherokee comforting and soothing and also love the Inuit and Sioux version linked by ImthatIm.

Here is another link with the Amazing Grace played with a flute and it's just mesmerizing and spiritually uplifting to listen to.

Love and blessings,
serene

~Air and Angels, John Donne

"Sunrise reminds us that we live in a world where the happiest of miracles still happen."
~Unknown

Last edited by serenebluehills : 04-11-2020 at 12:29 PM.
Old 25-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I live in the uk but have always been attatched to the Native peoples my grandmother told me a lot about why I was feeling like I was my parents. wouldn't even entertain telling me anything.
mine was a feeling so deep inside that it was imposible to ignore,
that is when I was told I have Native blood in me.
But you would be surprised by how many people believe they are Native

Namaste
I believe we all go back to a native or primative type of culture. We're all native to this planet and have very similar roots. I love to read about ancient human lifestyle, art, and rituals. Sometimes even day dream about how life was for the very early humans in the northern hemisphere.