Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 14-07-2012, 10:42 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
And we can't forget the 1946 classic 'It's a Wonderful Life' with James Stewart. The ultimate feel good movie.
A reminder of the differences we can make to people's lives, for the better, by simple acts of kindness.

Ah yes, what a heartwarming, thought provoking film that was. A kind of "what if..." scenario. Splendid. James Stewart was perfectly cast for this.

I heard they were trying (or did?) use new technology on it to make it into colour...I doubt if that was a good decision.

Old 15-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
What Dreams May Come is a film for incurable romantics!

The Lovely Bones has a dark side. It explores all aspects of the human condition - good and evl, joy and sorrow, life and death. But if you stay with it to the end it is ultimately a very positive, uplifting film.

Both films made full use of advances in cinematography and were beautifully done, the afterlife scenes especially.
I really thought I'd love the movie (and I always considered myself a romantic sap), but something troubled me by it. Maybe it was that they could change the way they looked at any given time and make their surroundings whatever they wanted. The changing the way they looked bothered me the most. ...I just felt that it was an imagination fairytale land and it made me sad. Unless I have the wrong movie in mind??
Old 15-07-2012, 04:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by merrie
I was eager to see the movie, "The Tree of Life" when it was released to HBO. It is quite an unusual spiritual movie. The actors were Brad Pitt and Sean Penn.

I would like to know if anyone else viewed it and what they thought about it.?

It was almost poetic in its presentation of beautiful background music and lovely scenery.

Reading reviews, it was not everybody's "cup of tea".

It talked about "grace and nature" and how it helped to shape the life of a man who uses his childhood memories to awaken him spiritually.

I seen it, it was unusual and beautiful............
Old 16-07-2012, 11:07 PM
wondering

If you like films that are rather surreal, then check out "Mr. Nobody". Here's a synopsis of the movie from Rotten Tomatoes:

A man close to death ponders the many lives he might have led in this fantasy from director and screenwriter Jaco van Dormael. 117-year-old Nemo Nobody (Jared Leto) is ill and facing his last days as he looks back on his past and a particular crucial moment -- at the age of nine, Nemo's parents divorced, and as his mother (Natasha Little) and father (Rhys Ifans) stood on a train platform, he had to choose who he would go with, and whether he would live in the United States or Great Britain. Either choice would bring with it a wide variety of possibilities regarding the sort of life he would lead, and Nemo imagines nearly all of them, including two different wives -- sweet but emotionally blank Jeanne (Linh-Dan Pham) and lovely but troubled Elise (Sarah Polley) -- and another woman, Anna (Diane Kruger), who he loves but can not marry. But as Nemo considers the many different paths his life could have taken, his memory begins to fail him, and he finds it increasingly difficult to be certain which was his real life and which is a product of his imagination.

I saw about 3/4 of the film...unfortunately missed the last part...but it was quite thought-provoking and interesting.
Old 16-07-2012, 11:23 PM
amy green

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondering
If you like films that are rather surreal, then check out "Mr. Nobody". Here's a synopsis of the movie from Rotten Tomatoes:

A man close to death ponders the many lives he might have led in this fantasy from director and screenwriter Jaco van Dormael. 117-year-old Nemo Nobody (Jared Leto) is ill and facing his last days as he looks back on his past and a particular crucial moment -- at the age of nine, Nemo's parents divorced, and as his mother (Natasha Little) and father (Rhys Ifans) stood on a train platform, he had to choose who he would go with, and whether he would live in the United States or Great Britain. Either choice would bring with it a wide variety of possibilities regarding the sort of life he would lead, and Nemo imagines nearly all of them, including two different wives -- sweet but emotionally blank Jeanne (Linh-Dan Pham) and lovely but troubled Elise (Sarah Polley) -- and another woman, Anna (Diane Kruger), who he loves but can not marry. But as Nemo considers the many different paths his life could have taken, his memory begins to fail him, and he finds it increasingly difficult to be certain which was his real life and which is a product of his imagination.

I saw about 3/4 of the film...unfortunately missed the last part...but it was quite thought-provoking and interesting.

Wondering - if you can access youtube, they have the whole film there ... so you can watch the last part you missed.

Old 15-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I really thought I'd love the movie (and I always considered myself a romantic sap), but something troubled me by it. Maybe it was that they could change the way they looked at any given time and make their surroundings whatever they wanted. The changing the way they looked bothered me the most. ...I just felt that it was an imagination fairytale land and it made me sad. Unless I have the wrong movie in mind??

I don't remember that bit? Maybe you're thinking of another film? Robin Williams played the male lead in WDMC.

In the spirit world we can alter our surroundings through thought, so there is more than a grain of truth to it.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 22-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Pathfinder

Here are a few of my favorite spiritual films;

The nines

City of Joy

The Way of the Peaceful Warrior

American History X

American Beauty

All great spiritual films. We need to ask Hollywood to make more like these.
Old 22-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Suspended

I watched The Way (Martin Sheen/Emilio Estevez) recently and quite enjoyed it.
Old 23-08-2012, 05:08 AM
Seeker
Two that come to mind are The Fountain and The Celestine Prophecy.
Old 23-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Jonesio
I watched The Way (Martin Sheen/Emilio Estevez) recently and quite enjoyed it.

yeah i liked that un

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."