Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 28-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Master

Spiritual Films

Seen any films with a spiritually enlightening and/or uplifting theme to them?

Two I'd highly recommend are:

The Lovely Bones

and

What Dreams May Come

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 28-06-2012, 10:45 AM
Suspended
I like both those films knight. What Dreams May Come is awesome.

Having a big interest in dreaming, Vanilla Sky rocks my world.
Old 28-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Master
"Dogma" ! Hard-core spiritual without all the religious drivel.
Old 28-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Master
i thought the film Stigmata had some good messages...for instance

Frankie: Jesus said... the Kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you, not in mansions of wood and stone. Split a piece of wood... and I am there, lift a stone... and you will find me.

it reminded me of the J Krishnamurti quote::

Go down to the sea of an evening when the fresh breezes are blowing and all the blades of grass are in motion and the particles of sand are flying about and the trees are waving their branches, and the waves of the sea are breaking over each other. You want to gather and bind all that beauty into a narrow temple. You need have no beliefs in order to live nobly. An yet you say, "I must worship gods, I must perform rites, I must go to shrines, I must follow this and do that". It is an eternal must. That way of living is not living at all.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 05-07-2012, 12:09 AM
merrie

A different kind of spiritual movie

I was eager to see the movie, "The Tree of Life" when it was released to HBO. It is quite an unusual spiritual movie. The actors were Brad Pitt and Sean Penn.

I would like to know if anyone else viewed it and what they thought about it.?

It was almost poetic in its presentation of beautiful background music and lovely scenery.

Reading reviews, it was not everybody's "cup of tea".

It talked about "grace and nature" and how it helped to shape the life of a man who uses his childhood memories to awaken him spiritually.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Knower

You'll think that this is stupid, but a movie from which I received a great amount of enlightenment was the Adam Sandler picture, "Click."
Old 06-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Master
I did not see the movie The Lovely Bones, but read the book. It was okay. I didn't find it uplifting, however. Just very sad.

I have What Dreams May Come, but honestly I hated the movie oddly enough.

I remember watching "Always" with Richard Dryfuss and Holly Hunter and loved that movie.

I'm sure there are movies that I found greatly uplifting in a spiritual sense, but right at the moment, I'm drawing a blank. I did just finish watching a documentary on youtube that Topaz posted and found that extremely uplifting for me.
Old 14-07-2012, 09:19 PM
amy green

Here is a soundbite (7 mins) called:

Spiritual Awakening - get ready for earth changes (kind of a wake up call)

http://www.youtube.com/user/eclairsd...?v=PXqCLZE0NdA
Old 14-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
[font="Century Gothic"][size="4"][color="Indigo"]I did not see the movie The Lovely Bones, but read the book. It was okay. I didn't find it uplifting, however. Just very sad.

I have What Dreams May Come, but honestly I hated the movie oddly enough.

What Dreams May Come is a film for incurable romantics!

The Lovely Bones has a dark side. It explores all aspects of the human condition - good and evl, joy and sorrow, life and death. But if you stay with it to the end it is ultimately a very positive, uplifting film.

Both films made full use of advances in cinematography and were beautifully done, the afterlife scenes especially.

Old 14-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Master

And we can't forget the 1946 classic 'It's a Wonderful Life' with James Stewart. The ultimate feel good movie.
A reminder of the differences we can make to people's lives, for the better, by simple acts of kindness.