Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 31-05-2013, 04:49 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero87
For awhile now I've been fascinated with "death" for some reason. it started with me doubting the religious view I'd been raised with, which is that there is no soul. Then I started reading about NDEs, then on what heaven was like, and so on. After awhile I started to think of death as just a transition phase, but couldn't really find a belief system that meshed with my beliefs. I still believed in a creator and couldn't bring myself to become a pagan. But I couldn't believe in salvation through another parson again, either. Then I found spiritualism, and from what I've read so far, I think this may be it. :)

See if there is a Spiritulist Church in your area and attend a service to see if that is what you are looking for, but realize that you can be a spiritulist without belonging to a church...
Old 31-05-2013, 10:41 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
See if there is a Spiritulist Church in your area and attend a service to see if that is what you are looking for, but realize that you can be a spiritulist without belonging to a church...

Did you notice that the original posting you've responded to was made almost a year ago? The o/p long gone....
Old 01-06-2013, 03:35 AM
Juanita

Ooops---no, actually I didn't---thanks Mac...maybe someone else may use it.....why don't we ever have conversations about spiritualism on here? Are you part of SNU?
Old 02-06-2013, 05:48 PM
mac

Quote:
Ooops---no, actually I didn't---thanks Mac...maybe someone else may use it.....why don't we ever have conversations about spiritualism on here? Are you part of SNU?

I've been around this, and other forums on this website, for quite a time.

Spiritualism and communication are my specialty but it appears that few members have any interest in discussing it with me or with others.

No I have no connection with the SNU but I often suggest that others should investigate the organization as part of any investigation into the religion and philosophy of Modern Spiritualism.

What I used to find sad is that Spiritualism (capital 'S') is frequently confused with 'spirituality' or 'spiritualism' (lower case 's' meaning to do with being spiritual etc.)

I used to post extensively trying to explain the differences but nowadays I've largely given up trying.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:30 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I've been around this, and other forums on this website, for quite a time.

Spiritualism and communication are my specialty but it appears that few members have any interest in discussing it with me or with others.

No I have no connection with the SNU but I often suggest that others should investigate the organization as part of any investigation into the religion and philosophy of Modern Spiritualism.

What I used to find sad is that Spiritualism (capital 'S') is frequently confused with 'spirituality' or 'spiritualism' (lower case 's' meaning to do with being spiritual etc.)

I used to post extensively trying to explain the differences but nowadays I've largely given up trying.

Mac, you should never give up...Lots of people read the threads, but don't post...spiritulist with a small "s" to me means a believer who is not affiliated with a church....but you are right, many people do not realize that spirituality is not the same as Spiritualism...I try to bring that up as often as I can tho.... Are you a Medium? so many here in the US are......I am not, but have had communications with my loved ones in spirit.... peace
Old 03-06-2013, 04:05 PM
mac

Quote:
Mac, you should never give up...Lots of people read the threads, but don't post...spiritulist with a small "s" to me means a believer who is not affiliated with a church....but you are right, many people do not realize that spirituality is not the same as Spiritualism...I try to bring that up as often as I can tho.... Are you a Medium? so many here in the US are......I am not, but have had communications with my loved ones in spirit.... peace

No I'm not a medium either.

In the US (where I live half my time) there's a laxness in using the words psychic and medium interchangeably. One gains the impression that psychics don't see any difference between themselves and mediums. That's also becoming the situation here in the UK where traditional, Spiritualist mediums are fewer than ever before and often said to be less experienced and effective in their role.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:03 AM
Juanita

Well that's a shame...Some U.S. mediums trained in England and give credit to certain British mediums who helped them in their journey... That is another thing that I often bring up on different threads--that all mediums are psychic, but not all psychics are mediums....some people just don't realize that there is a difference....
Old 04-06-2013, 07:31 AM
mac

Quote:
Well that's a shame...Some U.S. mediums trained in England and give credit to certain British mediums who helped them in their journey... That is another thing that I often bring up on different threads--that all mediums are psychic, but not all psychics are mediums....some people just don't realize that there is a difference....

It is a crying shame that some practitioners neither know whether they are psychics or mediums nor do they care.

Worse even than that is that they seek to defend their ignorance by saying they don't like being labeled, making out that having a label would constrain what they do!

A total nonsense
Old 05-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Juanita

Well that is true and I can think of one example right here in the U.S. She may have been psychic at one time, but tried to pass herself off as a Medium as well and now she has lost total credibility with everyone...I do think it is very possible to lose your gifts if you abuse them.....greed seems to take over with many of them, unfortunately.......
Old 09-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Well that is true and I can think of one example right here in the U.S. She may have been psychic at one time, but tried to pass herself off as a Medium as well and now she has lost total credibility with everyone...I do think it is very possible to lose your gifts if you abuse them.....greed seems to take over with many of them, unfortunately.......
In my birth country, Indonesia, they believe that to exploit psychic gifts is to lose them. The truly great psychics never ask money or when they do it is only sufficient to live on.