Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 26-04-2017, 03:16 AM
Experiencer
Demonic Possession of Emily Rose

The Original Audio of Emily Rose's Exorcism (the real one) and pictures of it (Anneliese Michel):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opX_u9v46eg

I believe that she truly was possessed by demons. You decide for yourselves.
Old 26-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Experiencer
Things like that are real, yes.
Old 19-08-2017, 10:44 PM
Experiencer
Clearly she should have been looked at by a psychologist and not just assumed to have "demons." The fact that she died from malnutrition and dehydration speaks loudly for the fact that this was obviously an abusive home and at the very least children and youth services should have been called, not a priest. I believe this girl was tormented and this whole story was sick.
Old 22-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Deactivated Account

Heard first few seconds, *covers eyes* nope not watching it

I got curious and googled her story. Was curious how the "possession" transpired in the first place. Always happens to Catholic folk, smh. From what I read, she had epileptic psychosis and eventually the parents were charged with negligent homicide for letting her starve basically. Sad.
If you have been around anyone with epilepsy, it is a very freighting experience to witness. A family member of mine died from an epileptic episode, rather not go into it detail other than to say it is a very scary experience for everyone when the episode is occurring. Also, the person during an episode get's hurt a great deal; falling to the floor, hitting whatever is around while on the floor. Imagine having repeated and multiple of them, it neurological. Seems like the parents 'faith' and going the 'spiritual' route really worsened her condition and ultimately led to her death
Old 17-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Experiencer
Demonic possession does not always happen to Catholics. It a world wide phenomena. It is just that Catholic priests are known for performing exorcisms. If you look at the before picture of Emily, you can see that she was not an abused child. No reports by the medical doctors or priest that she was seeing was made of her being abused by her parents...it is logical to conclude that she was not. And the term "epileptic psychosis" is not a real medical term. It was coined by the doctor during the trial. It's a non-existent condition which has not been confirmed by the American Medical Association. There was a medical doctor present during the excorcism, only he died in a car accident before he could testify in court. It is said that he was in favor of the demonic conclusion. Also, our judicial system is not perfect and people get accused of things they did not do all the time. It is true that epileptic seizures are traumatic, but Emily Rose herself confessed that she was possessed by demons.
Old 17-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Master
Nobody can 'see' that she wasn't abused...a fairy tale. Even kids who look like it's possible are ignored, even in this day and age - SO, I wouldn't be as hard on the parents for not knowing, because the doctors people end up going to for help don't know everything, so diseases and conditions get missed, depending on the doctor(s) you take your kid to.

All of it is true (people getting accused of stuff they didn't do). It's a sad story. And I did see the movie a long time ago.