Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Beautiful post, SkyFeather!

Over the last few years, I have developed many food allergies and intolerances and I know, by listening to my body, that I just can't digest certain foods like I used to...dairy products, gluten, legumes and sucrose being the main culprits.

However, I have been willingly ignoring this just so I can eat things 'everybody else does' and then wonder why I am always bloated up like a balloon, full of gas...having pain in my stomach and under my rib cage, having my arthritis, GERD, IBS and fibromyalgia flare up and basically getting around like a 'bear with a sore head' always.

Today, after a week of unrelenting bloating and pain I bit the bullet...threw out all my bread and biscuits, my full cream milk and cheese, my tins of beans, my cruciferous vegetables and went to the store, replacing it all with brown rice and oats, organic soy milk, creamed corn, LSA and rye bread...along with litres of alkaline water, kale powder, manuka honey, apple cider vinegar (with the mother) and peppermint and lemon thyme organic tea.

I've also got out all of my guided meditation CD's...replaced my soap-based body wash for a soap free one...replaced my washing powder with a sensitive one for babies and even got one of those 'baby cups' with small holes in the top, so I don't swallow too much air down when I drink.

Self-love entails changing circumstances after realising that if I do nothing, I am just going to keep on suffering the same way, day in and day out.

I had no idea you had food allergies. I wrote a post on your thread about gluten and here you already knew.
Old 16-07-2018, 09:57 PM
Master
Sometimes we do things to ourselves, beat ourselves up in ways that if someone
else where to do that to us, we would want to call the police and have them arrested.
Self-Care, Self-Love, also means not to beat ourselves up.
Old 17-07-2018, 01:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I had no idea you had food allergies. I wrote a post on your thread about gluten and here you already knew.
Thank you my dear. I knew about food allergies and gluten intolerance, but I had no idea that it could contribute to Alzheimer's disease and dementia...that was something I didn't already know and I really appreciate you telling me.
Old 17-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you my dear. I knew about food allergies and gluten intolerance, but I had no idea that it could contribute to Alzheimer's disease and dementia...that was something I didn't already know and I really appreciate you telling me.

Just spreading the word.
Old 21-07-2018, 04:39 PM
Newbie ;)

I love sharing self care ideas to others. I share my experiences and explained what tools I use. I view myself as a warrior and my self care tools are ways to counteract the stress of pains I experience. Life is meant to have its ups and downs and it's having to find ways to pick myself up when it's a low day. Instead of locking myself up thinking up a storm I tackle it right away and go on to enjoy my day. Completing the inner child at any age is valuable too.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with self care!

We need self care explained more often to our next generation. Happiness comes from within.

I have listened to so many affirmations that when an event happens or certain words are spoken they pop up like it would a lyric from a song. It's very uplifting.

I wish you all an enjoyable weekend!

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗