Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 26-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Knower

From avatar to son to prophet

The following beliefs are stated only from a generalized perspective; some people adhering to the below-mentioned religions may of course have beliefs contrary to what has been stated.

In Hinduism, Krishna is considered to be God incarnate. In Christianity, Jesus is considered as the Son of God. In Islam, Mohammed is considered to be a Messenger of God.

Some Hindus (including me) consider Krishna, Jesus and Mohammed to be incarnations of God or avatars. In Islam, Jesus as well as Mohammed are considered to be only prophets or messengers.

Each person uses a viewpoint that is suitable to his sensibilities, qualities and upbringing. However, the closest that one can come to God is through the concept of the human incarnation. I also need to say that although all human incarnations can be considered as realized souls, all realized souls aren't necessarily human incarnations.

Ultimately, we need to carefully analyze and act upon the teachings of these divine preachers. When it comes down to it, the same God spoke through Krishna, Jesus and Mohammed. And what practicing what He said is of utmost importance.

Even Buddha is considered to be an incarnation of God by some Hindus. But many Buddhists themselves feel that He was merely an enlightened soul. This is partly due to misinterpretation of the Buddha's silence, which indicated that the absolute God is beyond all words and any kind of analysis.
Old 27-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dattaseva
In Hinduism, Krishna is considered to be God incarnate.
In Christianity, Jesus is considered as the Son of God.
In Islam, Mohammed is considered to be a Messenger of God.

...the closest that one can come to God is through the concept
of the human incarnation.
I liked your whole post.

I did disagree with the 'concept' of your concept.

If the closest I could come to God were to be,
'the concept of the human incarnation'...
what a limited, woefully elementary relationship that would be.
My intimate relationship with the Divine, btw, has nothing to do
with any of the avatars or wonderful human incarnations of God
as Himself, Son or Messenger or Guru or Teacher or Prophet or Savior.

The closest we can come to God is within ourselves....right there
inside us...that's where He is
Well and all around us... ...
for those that have fine tuned their perception.

If your statement were true above...
I would be looking at the finger pointing to how to get closer to God within.

My input, with respect.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dattaseva
The following beliefs are stated only from a generalized perspective; some people adhering to the below-mentioned religions may of course have beliefs contrary to what has been stated.

In Hinduism, Krishna is considered to be God incarnate. In Christianity, Jesus is considered as the Son of God. In Islam, Mohammed is considered to be a Messenger of God.
Some Hindus (including me) consider Krishna, Jesus and Mohammed to be incarnations of God or avatars. In Islam, Jesus as well as Mohammed are considered to be only prophets or messengers.

Each person uses a viewpoint that is suitable to his sensibilities, qualities and upbringing. However, the closest that one can come to God is through the concept of the human incarnation. I also need to say that although all human incarnations can be considered as realized souls, all realized souls aren't necessarily human incarnations.

Ultimately, we need to carefully analyze and act upon the teachings of these divine preachers. When it comes down to it, the same God spoke through Krishna, Jesus and Mohammed. And what practicing what He said is of utmost importance.

Even Buddha is considered to be an incarnation of God by some Hindus. But many Buddhists themselves feel that He was merely an enlightened soul. This is partly due to misinterpretation of the Buddha's silence, which indicated that the absolute God is beyond all words and any kind of analysis.

'Many Buddhist believe he was an enlightened soul' Oh no, no
No soul in Buddhism, they don't believe in a soul.
Old 28-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Newbie ;)

avatars are infinite; so are the messengers

True Sanatana Dharma (or Hinduism) believes in avatars, or dasavatars - spanning the four yugas of the present kalpa. Right now we are in the fourth yuga of the present kalpa. It also states that there have been many kalpas before, and shall be many after. So avatars and their numbers can't be restricted to just 10. God and His manifestations are many according to Sanatana Dharma.

Again, it sees no real difference between God and the God-realized. Brahmavid brahmeva bhavati (The God realized becomes God). Now, tally this with Jesus when he said, "Me and my Father are one".

I also agree with Hepburn when she say God resides in us. self and Cosmic Self are one. Only the self doesn't know that it is the Cosmic Self. The day it knows, becomes the day it merges with the cosmic self.

Hope I make some sense here.