Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Time

Thats the thing.... THEY think they know, but they cant prove it to anyone, other then their word.

And yes the mind can... They can create images so real that people think they are there (scitzo), or imagine so well you think its real ( vivid.lucid dream), then theres our imagination. Just because its "a trick of the mind" also doesnt make it real or not.
Old 23-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatre
Wow, All those was really interesting to read. Thank you, each and every one of you who shared. I don't know why I am afraid of death, it just seems.. scary.
Some people should fear death. The Bible says, "It is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment." Are you ready to face that judgment?
Old 23-06-2011, 07:40 PM
seeker of the way

I think focusing on the afterlife does little for us and can actually do harm. It is interesting that in Judaism the issue is so irrelevant that there is no official "afterlife" position defined in Jewish doctrine.

As many wise men and women have taught, the only real moment is now. The past is only a partially accurate memory and the future hasn't happened yet.

I was an agnostic/atheist for many years. I finally realized that both the atheist and the believer had faith in that they took a position to believe in something which could not be proven. I also was shown that choosing the agnostic position was a choice too -- a choice to believe in indecision. Either the atheist was right or the believer was right, as an agnostic i had no possibility of being right.

I was waiting for others to "prove" which way was right. Finally I realized I was responsible for the choice and had to choose without conclusive proof.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Experiencer
Right on Rom.. You make good points.

And yes, some of us do know for sure.
Some of us remember quite well....
and some of us have even practiced dying without the minor detail of cutting the cord.

I once actually met an old guy who knew me in my last life...
he was in the same body as when he knew me then,
I was a young man in my twenties.
I had remembered specific things about my last life....
which was spent in a monastery in Tibet.
He remembered some things from the day I was killed,
a little better than I had,
because ...well I was being killed and there was a lot of trauma involved,
and so as we humans do....
I blocked some major parts of the experience....
that he reminded me of...
I still blocked what he told me until just a few years back when I was ready to face it..... then it really..... aided my Path. (made me see some motivations that were hindering my progress...mainly guilt and shame)

Thanks Bud.... (his name was Bud)....
he was something of a Shaman.
Old 16-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Seperate_Reality

I believe, that we are each non-physical, immortal, (can never die or be killed) spiritual beings and are not the mortal, physical, human body we operate (for a physical type experience) and view in a mirror. When the human body dies, you and me, as spiritual beings, go on and get another physical body to operate (human or sometimes favorite animal or pet) and as a rule forget our previous lifetime, even though thousands of very young children will remember parts of their previous lifetime and some of these are well documented.These children openly speak of things they could not know unless actually living and experiencing these things from their previous lifetime. Death of the human body is nothing to fear, and believe me, we have each done this very many times before...

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh;(mortal, physical, human body) and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (you as a non-physical, immortal, Spiritual Being).

Luke 17:21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. (our own native spiritual nature)

Psalm 90:10The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. (as non-physical, immortal, spiritual beings, we each Depart the Deceased mortal, physical, human body)
Old 17-07-2011, 02:00 PM
dennisoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
If you want to know about the afterlife the best person to help you would be one who has experienced it firsthand. Jesus Christ died and rose again from the dead so he knows all about it. The best way to learn about the afterlife would be to start reading the gospels and see what he taught. The gospels contain a record of what he taught before experiencing his death and resurrection, but the fact that he was resurrected proves that he was sent by God and that what he taught was true.

I believe that is one of the worst ways to think you can learn about death. A great way to learn fear and prejudice and guilt.
Rather read Kubler-Ross and George Anderson.

It ends in joy
den
Old 18-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Experiencer
Hey Theophilus,
It would be wonderful if the Bible would tell us what Jesus taught. He was a pretty aware dude. Sadly the Bible wasn't written by Aware dudes, rather folks with personal Agendas. That is why they deleted all mention of Reincarnation.... They could not grasp the Truth so were unable to transmit it. For one thing they could not reconcile how it is possible to be reborn and yet "spend an eternity in Heaven or Hell".... yet the fact of the matter is, both are true. Time in the "In Between time" is not the same as time here.
Anyone who remembers the Death experience who happened to slip into a Heaven or Hell Realm can tell you, yes...you can spend an eternity there.... yet be reborn very shortly after the previous body's "death".
Old 18-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff4freedom
That is why they deleted all mention of Reincarnation....
What evidence do you have to support the idea that anything about reincarnation was deleted? The Bible clearly teaches the resurrection of the body and that teaching is incompatable with the idea of reincarnation because if reincarnation were true each of us would have more than one body to be resurrected.

I can only think of one place in the Bible that might have any bearing on reincarnation:
As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.
John 9:1-3 ESV

The disciples' question implies the possibility that the blind man had lived a prior life and his blindness was the result of what he did in that life. Jesus' answer show that this wasn't the case.

Old 18-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Master
there is nothing to fear about sdeath, and it isnt a rebirth into the spirit world at all, because you were always there to begin with, this is where you go when you dream....try to consciously OBE and get yourself comfortable with the surroundings, and fear no judgment either, its not that way so much as some claim from reading books....
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 18-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Experiencer
Well for one, the fact that it isn't there.

For another it was quite prominent in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

For another it's a very simple Truth that thousands if if not millions of folks know from personal experience..

Using the Bible for evidence of what is Spiritually True....

is a lot like using a cook book

for instructions on repairing your car.

If the only source you use to answer your questions about what is true...
is the Bible...

Good luck finding Truth with that...

There was once a man who would only eat peas and rice...

He was trapped in a pantry,

locked up there by accident.

The pantry was full of all sorts of wonderful foods...

But alas there was no peas or rice....

The Man died of starvation.