Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-04-2019, 05:43 PM
Knower
about this earthly experience

i was thinking about this earlier, you know where many spend hours researching about different beliefs and exploring anything paranormal and then you have the active mediums and psychics that do daily readings and all that.
my question is are we spending too much time focusing on the other side? its said we are a spiritual being having an earthly experience, so it's like we should try balance it out abit, like the best of both worlds if you like.
notice how mediums will feel drained if try to do too much readings or answering questions, it's like you need time out.
Old 19-04-2019, 06:10 PM
Pathfinder
Maybe it seems that we're focusing a lot on the other side because to many of us it has been gone for a long time, with suppressed abilities and such. It's like we know something is there that is an integral part of ourselves, and I see no problem with inspecting and learning from the experiences on the other side, which are probably calling for this side of us as well.
Old 19-04-2019, 06:56 PM
Master

To make the most of this Earthly experience we need to know what to do while we are here (it isn't necessary to understand and know why).

How else could we learn what we need to do, as individuals, and as humans, if not by integrating our whole being, pretty much the same way one becomes lucid in a dream? For that we can't rely on what others preach; the only way is to turn toward inside, and access a higher source of knowledge.

You're right that trying to explore the non-physical, for the sake of it, is counterproductive, because it distracts us from what we're supposed to do here. This is why some schools of thought even advise that astral projecting impedes one's spiritual progress. It isn't that astral projecting in itself is dangerous, or distracting, it is that it shouldn't be seen, and used, as a purpose in itself, because that would cause a distraction from more fruitful activities.

Unfortunately, the overwhelming number of people waste their Earthly opportunity pretty much as they waste their dreaming experiences every time the go to sleep.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-04-2019, 07:56 PM
Master

Focusing on the world we live in is for the young soul. To explore, experience, conquer, possess, love and exploit.

But as the soul begins to mature it begins looking inward for more than the carnal it previously valued.

It's all a process.
Old 20-04-2019, 07:05 AM
Master

Some thoughts....

I think it's good to have some 'balance' yes! We live in an amazing world, there's incredible complexity in society and nature and then there's at least 2+ trillion galaxies ((let that sink in)). All worthwhile to enjoy and grasp.. This is our story collectively with every other piece of the universe..! Bask in its glory..

And you go chase the worldly things like sex and other pleasures. Yes, if you get obsessed with this than it can hinder you spiritually, making you restless.. and forget to relax and go within.. but most of us don't live on either extremes of an ascetic monk versus a hedonist..

I have to disagree with Linen on the young and old souls. If would mean everyone who's still young physically would be a 'young soul' and not ''advanced'', whereas ''being old'' would be a sign of spirituality, because it's true that young people chase more. Can or should we reduce spiritual growth to one's testosterone levels or virility..? One can be old, a celibate, or a recluse but do these things make one live and advance spiritually..?

Is not the 'soul' eternal, so how can there be 'young' or 'old'..? Perhaps only our perception of a separate being is..

I see spiritual people ((not specifically here, but in general over the years..)) talking the talk about cessation of attachment, desire etc. but not always walking the walk.. because you would have to renounce many things you still deem ''necessary'', like certain foods, habits, and activities. And to do it completely you would have to live in a monastery as a monk if you were serious about your perception of ''I am very advanced spiritually''.. IMO!

The rest of us try and balance things..

Old 20-04-2019, 12:03 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

I see spiritual people ((not specifically here, but in general over the years..)) talking the talk about cessation of attachment, desire etc. but not always walking the walk.. because you would have to renounce many things you still deem ''necessary'', like certain foods, habits, and activities. And to do it completely you would have to live in a monastery as a monk if you were serious about your perception of ''I am very advanced spiritually''.. IMO!

The rest of us try and balance things..

Yeah, a lot of it involves balance. After all if you don't then you'll probably slip out into another dimension and become crazy once you try to shove it into a brain that's not ready.

But it's really funny, spirituality. We want to be grounded to this physical world and have no idea what it's like on the other side and so we think of it as a progression of young to old and us having the goal of Nirvana.

I say just chill. If you want to see the larger picture than yes, fasting and fixing up habits will help loosen up your energy flows a lot. That'll in turn free up the energy for you to put towards working on your mind.
Old 20-04-2019, 12:11 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
my question is are we spending too much time focusing on the other side? its said we are a spiritual being having an earthly experience, so it's like we should try balance it out abit, like the best of both worlds if you like.
What makes it the "other side?" The "other side" of what? If you look at all of those things they have no 'sides' as such, they are aspects of ourselves the same as going grocery shopping is, because if you didn't your Spirituality would come to a pretty horrible end.

I'm a medium and yes, sometimes it does take quite a bit our of me if it's a very heavy session, but I feel just as pooped after a few hours in the garden with a spade or polishing the car. I don't see 'medium me' and 'car-washing me' as existence in two separate worlds - they're all co-existent and any one will come into focus depending on the moment. Right now I'm focussing on the Spiritual stuff in my head, later on I'll be building a website but it's all 'me' and the same world I exist in.
Old 20-04-2019, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
my question is are we spending too much time focusing on the other side? ...so it's like we
should try balance it out a bit, like the best of both worlds if you like.
My take: Seems to me unless you live in an ashram or in a secluded religious community *more on that* - the world here
is hitting us in the face all the time with bills, and house repairs and
car issues, family responsibilities....
so balance is 'forced ' on us. This world is "in our face"!

Lemme tellya, having lived just short of 6 years in a monastic order...your
brothers and sisters will drive you batty....so you have 'the world' there, ALSO!

Even if I sat 6 hours in meditation...there is still dinner and people and a roommate and then, group spiritual 'rituals',
then breakfast...so the 'world of balance' is even there!
Oh, the trials and tribulations of dealing with personalities no matter where you are...
this is where growth occurs..Oy, lol.

linen53....loved it....'the young soul'...yes, all a process...stages...
Very wise. xo

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Master

I believe that most of the challenges we face in this life aren't necessary. They just arise from our ignorance of what we're here for.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-04-2019, 06:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
How else could we learn what we need to do, as individuals, and as humans, if not by integrating our whole being, pretty much the same way one becomes lucid in a dream? For that we can't rely on what others preach; the only way is to turn toward inside, and access a higher source of knowledge.

Unfortunately, the overwhelming number of people waste their Earthly opportunity pretty much as they waste their dreaming experiences every time the go to sleep.
Actually I don't see this as a waste of opportunity, opportunity is not lost because opportunity renews itself which we can avail ourselves through experience. The experience is the process. Is there only one opportunity or is opportunity a pattern? Obviously karma and reincarnation say many opportunity present themselves again. Opportunity present themselves whether one is ready or not ready. Forgot to mention, everyone gets the same (cosmic) opportunity. The young and old soul only represent the number of times one returns and still be a young soul in terms of experiencing the soul must pass through. I've noticed young soul set the foundation the soul goes through and the soul acquires. Take for example a person who seeks power and wealth and that is the desire and that desire is held on to. It is not given up in the current lifetime (incarnation). That would be attachment. Attachment as far as I have seen aren't given up in a single lifetime as it must be experienced. The experience is much like a dream to be sure.