Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 13-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Knower

Crystals that have been damaged?

Quick question which I may have been posted before in this forum, but what sort of vibration to crystal/gemstones give out if they have been damaged deliberately or accidentally. The reason I am asking this question is because I have a niece who seems to be in need of some self-love and I have some Rose Quartz tumble-stones which I damaged about a year ago. The reason for their damage was due to myself who was going to give them to a work-colleague/friend but when I attempted to gift wrap them I lost my patience and slammed the organza bag down on a hard surface and chipped a good half dozen. I haven't thrown them away as I feel guilty about their treatment, only two or three (at the least) are un-chipped but I thought they would make a nice gift-bag for my niece to carry around with her...but I would like some advice about whether their vibration has decreased due to my insensitive treatment of them.

P.S. Any other recommendations for crystals that promote self-love other than rose quartz?
Old 14-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Master
I think it's different in every case. Often we feel bad if we were the cause and then cannot relate to the crystal anymore because of that, then end up thinking it has lost its energy.
Also damage makes it look less appealing in most cases, which also can be an obstacle to relate to the crystal. Part of connecting is through looking at it, although maybe not for everyone, but to me it is.
Doesn't mean a crystal has lost its power and energy because of the damage, it depends on what it is and how it happened.

I let my larger rough green calcite fall on the ground the other day, and a few pieces came off, shattered. I wasn't too happy, but the crystal is still powerful, unharmed. I put the pieces around a plant pot to help the plant, as these pieces also have energy.
Sometimes it can be good to sit with a crystal and feel if it needs anything, maybe some attention. But I feel the green calcite is fine.
Chipped the edge of a wing from a beautiful angel. Not happy about that and I feel it every time I hold her. But the angel is still as powerful as before.
Another crystal -a Celtic chevron crystal- arrived broken in 2. I got another one, but I did glue the crystal back together. I feel it is okay, although different. Problem is me, me letting the knowledge of it having been broken bother me from connecting with the crystal.

I think in your case it's mostly the appearance of the rose quartzes that is bothering you rather than that they lost their energy & power.
I got a bunch of labradorite tumbles that didn't get chipped but don't look the part anymore. They have fissures and look cracked. I have no idea how that happened. They still have energy, but don't look appealing anymore so I leave them in a bowl. I wouldn't give them to anyone either, not because they have no energy, but because they don't look nice anymore.

Maybe you could clear your mind from the visual damage and feelings of guilt and sit with them to feel.
Old 16-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Knower

Thanks for your reply FairyCrystal. Helpful advice, funny you should mention your Labradorite stones because a good year or two ago I bought a Labradorite gemstone wand and the same that happened to your Labradorite happened to mine. I was foolish enough to take my wand in with me when I decided to have a bath and I think the steam/condensation of the room 'splintered' the wand and it even snapped in half. Oddly enough I glued the wand back together and I've tried to test the break where I glued it but it still quite strong and solid despite what happened to it in the bathroom. This wand does have fissures along the length of it but somehow I'm reluctant to get rid of it because of this.
Old 19-01-2019, 02:11 AM
Pathfinder

Love what Fairycrystal has said and would do the same. Any smaller pieces I put in my pot plants and then sit with the remaining pieces and figure out what to do with them on a case-by-case basis.
Old 19-01-2019, 11:48 AM
Master
And sometimes a crystal really wants to be glued back together.
I've had this with a pink Lemurian golden healer cluster. I liked holding it, very carefully as it was a cluster with points, a large one and medium and (very) small ones, so it's rather delicate. I wanted to hold it regularly regardless.
At some point I felt that 2 of the points towards the end began to move and had gotten loose a bit. Then I had to decide what to do with it. Basically a matter of the matrix the points were on being too thin so there wasn't enough solid 'footing'. Had they cut if off with 2 cms more the problem likely wouldn't have occurred.
In any case, I had to decide, and took my time for that. I could either leave it, they were still attached but very loose, meaning I couldn't hold it anymore. Or hold it and risk them falling out. Or glue it.
I knew at some point the 2 loose points would come undone.
The crystal didn't want to be separated from them. It was like a group of females and they belonged together and didn't want to part with these 2. It would disturb the group energy. So I glued the two points in place with the least bit of superglue.

I really think in many cases it's more an issue that we are affected by the visual being damaged (I have that too btw, difficult to overlook it, which can also be a lesson --> being to judgemental when it comes to looks) than that the crystal's energy is truly gone. Possibly accompanied by us feeling guilty to for instance drop / otherwise damage the crystal.
Many people don't even bother to feel, they're done when a crystal is damaged and give it back to the Earth, feeling they're doing well. Now the Earth isn't going to mind, neither is the crystal, but I feel in many cases it's an act of soothing their own guilt.
Even self-proclaimed crystal experts do this, and though I agree it's great to do when a crystal is drained, I think it's often not necessary in other cases.
Like my Lemurian cluster is perfectly fine, so is my large green calcite chunk, even though it parted with some 2 smaller points when it fell last week.

In some cases I AM in doubt. Like the labradorite tumbles I mentioned before. I'm not 100% certain they're okay.
Aren't these nice lessons that crystals bring us? We can chuck them too easily due to being judgemental and focused on perfection. But we can also hang on to them because we have difficulty with letting go of something/someone that doesn't serve us anymore...

Food for thought
Old 03-05-2019, 05:13 PM
Newbie ;)

i have self healing quartz this stuffs really weird
Old 08-05-2019, 09:23 PM
Knower
I agree with what others have said, it really all depends on the crystal. Just as humans and other animals all experience trauma differently, some crystals may be deeply wounded and others may be stronger for it. Some may reject glue, others may gladly accept any attempt at repair, while others might not care either way. Looks certainly aren't everything though. Just feel your crystal, listen to it.

Last year, I had a little temper tantrum after an exhausting day of family matters. These round ferrite magnets I absolutely love were thrown across the room in a fit of rage. I immediately regretted it, started crying, and spent an hour trying to fit the pieces back together. Several pieces clicked quite readily, but many tiny shards were repelled by the upset energy field. So I did what I could, and left the magnets with their keeper in our sunny south-facing bedroom window.

We had to evacuate last November because the house almost went kaboom. I rounded everyone up, including my plants and rocks, as a ruptured gas line patiently burned in my mother-in-law's kitchen. Thankfully, the gas line was repaired and situation resolved without incident. My magnets are still in storage though, ready to go if we must evacuate again, and because they want left alone for awhile. I totally understand.

Last month, I ground up those smaller rejected shards to make black salt. Soot, black pepper, crushed magnet, and pink salt. Has a potent smell and weird feel, almost like oobleck in a way. Thanked the magnets for their sacrifice and apologized yet again for harming them.
Old 03-05-2020, 04:57 PM
Newbie ;)

thank you for this post, I have just dropped and split my rise quartz crystal, I use it every day, and feel relieved that I can still use it
Old 03-05-2020, 05:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevkevt
i have self healing quartz this stuffs really weird
"Self healing quartz", Faden Quartz, is extremely powerful. I am surprise not everybody has a few of these.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 03-05-2020, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma kiss
thank you for this post, I have just dropped and split my rise quartz crystal, I use it every day, and feel relieved that I can still use it

If you ever go to any of the large rock, mineral, gem shows, you might be surprised how many specimens have been repaired, reworked, etc.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.