Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Guide
Hey MutedBlue,

I think we get so strung up on our past experiences and the future that awaits us, we never give any awareness to what is right in front of us, waiting patiently for our attention.
It's easy to fall into depths of sorrow and pity, pushed to the thread of life because one feels they have no purpose, or no reason for living. Most certainly easy but whats even easier.. Is realizing that your purpose in this world is to coincide in this world. Every breath you take, every move you make.. everything impacts everything around you.
The darkness of emptiness that swells like curled milk inside is due to being blind toward the energies in this world that are awaiting your arrival. Instead of suffering from the past and moping now due to a *failed future*, embrace every moment of your live, every breath you take, all the beautiful energy around you that the world has to share.
Stop revolving around the past and future, instead once again gain consciousness of this second, now. You shouldn't have to look for motivation to live, or to strive because its already there. Pure motivation is to be happy which your consciousness grants you if you only allow your awareness to focus on it.

I hope that helped..
Jorddy
Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 AM
mattie

Recharging After Caring For Parents

It sounds like you are having a period of recharging after caring for sickly parents for so long. This is perfectly natural.

When doing this long-term one gets into the daily lifestyle mode of being their caregiver. When they are gone it is a HUGE & jarring change to one’s lifestyle aside from what is the expected grief process. I bet that you sublimated your needs to attend to their needs. You needed to prioritize them to be a regular caregiver. Now that they are gone, you are left w/ this empty feeling.

Give your self a BIG hug for being willing to help them. Now, apply this same caregiving to your self. You’re doing some useful introspection as well as reaching out to move on & this is very positive. TRUST that you will move on have a very satisfying life.

EFT might be useful. It’s an energy technique that combines tapping on energy meridians w/ positive affirmations. The free information in the below link is more than sufficient.

http://www.eftuniverse.com/index.php...11&It emid=14

A supplement, 5-HTP might be useful as a short term aid. It increases seratonin.
This isn’t medical advice or a diagnosis.

Move past grading your self harshly, feeling that you’re ungrateful. This feeling like you’ve been negligent will only further exacerbate your feeling crummy. Learning to live in the NOW, fully savoring life is a learned skill.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Pathfinder
Goldenstairs and Blanket, when I read that you are feeling the same, I want to comfort you, yet I can't find the words yet to help myself. What I can say is that the reason I titled my post 'Not feeling Alive Inside' is because I can't say I actually feel dead inside, so there is some hope there and the desire to look for more. I hope you can find at least that also.

It gives me much comfort that caring people understand, and compassionate energies from everyone's post reaffirms the good in life.

I'm working on living in the now and appreciating the present moment, though I do know at some point some planning or goal needs to be made and that's when the fearful uneasiness comes back. But I'm going to give it time. Thank you everyone very much for helping me while I go through this.