Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 17-05-2019, 10:33 PM
Knower

oOAOo Can you elaborate on your comment "It is possible to have a much deeper spiritual connection and experience with a soulmate than twin flame" I am curious as towhat you have experienced with both, and how you can distinguish one from the other?
Old 18-05-2019, 04:35 AM
Guide

In my experience soulmate and twin flame can be the same person.

In my heyday the word ‘soulmate’ meant ‘the one’.., meaning the one person who cannot be replaced, the one person who sparks that feeling of completeness, despite hardships. Your soul’s mate. Love ad infinitum.

But now it seems the term ‘twin flame’ describes the above and ‘soulmate’ takes a secondary role, defining many loved ones - friends and family, etc.

I enjoy keeping up with the times, but seriously, the differentiation means very little to me.
Old 18-05-2019, 04:25 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne
In my experience soulmate and twin flame can be the same person.

In my heyday the word ‘soulmate’ meant ‘the one’.., meaning the one person who cannot be replaced, the one person who sparks that feeling of completeness, despite hardships. Your soul’s mate. Love ad infinitum.

But now it seems the term ‘twin flame’ describes the above and ‘soulmate’ takes a secondary role, defining many loved ones - friends and family, etc.

I enjoy keeping up with the times, but seriously, the differentiation means very little to me.

That's what I thought too. The concept of a soulmate probably predates written word, and almost always meant a romantic love of nigh-incomprehensible power. Whether we have one soulmate or many, parents and children weren't included in that definition, unless you happen to swing that way....But this "twin flame" concept is new to me. And somewhat redundant, if I might add.

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Old 23-05-2019, 06:23 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEsoul
oOAOo Can you elaborate on your comment "It is possible to have a much deeper spiritual connection and experience with a soulmate than twin flame" I am curious as towhat you have experienced with both, and how you can distinguish one from the other?

I did elaborate within that post and have included it here at the end but I will attempt to add to it.

Although twin flames share something unique which no other spiritual forms share there is no guarantee that an encounter with a twin flame in a particular lifetime will fully exercise this unique depth. "The Twin Flame Story" passed around is that we ultimately reconnect and become a great spiritual power couple accomplishing good things in the world. This concept appeals to the ego. It is like the Hollywood version but does not align with how things work in reality. We probably do reconnect and it is the greatest balance of ourselves but the part about accomplishing great things has a high chance of being an exaggeration. Frequently, great spiritual experiences are not so dramatic. Coming into balance grounds you and you level off extremes.

Many such events are not comprehended until years later and examined in retrospect. Just on an earthly level you may not be able to identify "the love of your life" until the end of your life. As that "story" goes, twin flame relationships are typically turbulent and disruptive of your life path. This disharmony can be due to differences including personality, philosophical, life obligations and commitments, extreme age differences, class differences, sexual orientation, you name it. While the potential exists for the deep connection due to the inherent relationship between the two it is not guaranteed to manifest every time you meet up and share some time in a life together. Some have more than one life together while others may meet in a single life and get everything they are slated to accomplish done in one.

As stated previously, all twin flames are a form of soulmate. Non-twin flame soulmate relationships can potentially get deeper than these less significant twin flame encounters. But no non-twin flame soulmate encounter will ever surpass that final reconnection when all of the disharmony comes into balance, if that turns out to be a true story of the twin flame concept.

Quote:
...It all depends on where the two are at and what the plans are for this pairing in a given lifetime. Just because you may meet up with your twin flame in a lifetime it does not automatically follow that this will be the deepest and most profound most soul impacting experience for either. It is common to have minor and major encounters over multiple lifetimes with twin flames, soulmates and non-soulmates.
Old 23-05-2019, 07:02 AM
Master

Im in agreement with o0A0o on this one.

I'm also one of those people that genuinely question the authenticity of this whole 'twins come together to save the world by accomplishing a great worldly mission to do good in the world' that smacks of 'light worker' talk which i dont believe in....but others of course can wish what they will on that one when it comes to the belief of light workers.

I'm also yet to come by any paired twins that have done something so obvious in the world by means of good deeds that its documented and viral and has saved the world.

sarcasm intended ^

personally and as a spiritualist on my souls journey the mission is a spiritual soul level one of coming into completion and when Im lit, when Im right within and healed and un-heavy of emotions and burdens what not.....is when there is one less broken soul in the world. A soul ready to give out of service from the physical body....as slight as helping an elderly or giving shelter and warmth to an animal...or human! Its small acts of kindness that is the 'light work' idea of my soul that is healed from any previous and current lifetime wounds - energetic.
Its being lighter in soul and peace.....now ...imagine if all souls in the world did this soul journey work (with or without a twin) and how the world would look different.....and imagine the inner world of the soul and its joy.....that is a mission worth aiming for.