Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 07-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Deactivated Account
@winter light, yeah my current understanding agrees to that, part from the sin, which the Lord knows only as a mistake, which he has allready corrected.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:17 PM
Master

The I AM is the essence of love in all its restorative and creative form
Old 11-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
To me God is a someone. Above and beyond being a 'thing'. It occurred to me today that I see I AM as being a something. I'm not sure if I AM is a someone which is above and beyond being a thing.

Is I AM a someone or a something? It is described as consciousness, bliss, light etc. But this does not convince me it is a someone. It sounds like describing a thing.

The wonderful thing about Abrahamic religions is that they all see God as a BEING, a WHO, a SOMEONE. The Abrahamic God could not be described as a thing. He is full of personality & character. He is a person.

What do you reckon?

The 'I am ' is a state of pure consciousness, distinct from impure consciousness charecterised by desires in the form of cravings and aversions, that makes us perform unconscious actions.

God can be full of personality and character alright, but that does not mean he should have unconscious cravings and aversions and thereby commit rape, theft, lust,exploitation, gluttony, murder, foul speech, cruelty and so on.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 07-10-2018, 03:53 AM
Experiencer
I AM is both a force and an entity. He/She/It is the most ancient manifestation of power in the cosmos. He/She/It empowers those who call on His/Her/Its name(s), but first you must learn His/Her/Its name(s). This is a very personal process that can take a person his/her whole life to complete. Once mastered, the name(s) of I AM can be spoken to change the psychic input of the speaking individual, thereby changing the psychic output of the individual.
Old 18-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Experiencer

In Abrahamic religion we find the wonderful message of God's identity, God's essence: He presents himself (or itself) as "I AM THAT I AM". (Exodus 3:14)
Eastern spiritulity, as well as Jesus, do always direct the disciple into focusing on I AM. And that's the true Inner way.
Abrahamic religion, however, has also become the corrupt, false, outer way, where God is some entity "out there", out of reach and separated from us, and where the introspective looking for I AM, is strongly discouraged. Instead you should listen to priests.
Nisargadatta said:

One has to understand that the search for reality, God, Guru and the search for the self are the same, when one is found all are found. When 'I am' and 'God is' become in your mind indistinguishable, then something will happen and you will know without a trace of doubt that God is because you are, you are because God is. The two are one.

Jesus said:

I and my father are one

So, clearly, Jesus had more connection to the Eastern philosophies that Abrahamic religion.

Read more here: https://cosmicdiviner.wordpress.com/...-everything-i/
Old 18-12-2018, 05:35 PM
ImthatIm

Good one Perry J

The Hebrew for I AM is hayah. Meaning " to exist " i.e. be or become, come to pass. (Exodus 3:14)

Luke 22:70 The Greek ego=I and eimi=I exist (both are emphatic expressions)

As stated Exodus 3:14 it is used I AM THAT I AM. I understand it to say, I will be what I will be and it will come to pass.

Thing or person? GOD/TRINITY is ALL IN ALL and everything we have ever touched, smelled, tasted, heard or seen is because He exists. Also He is beyond what we can comprehend or imagine. Think ENDLESS, OMNIPRESENT, ENDLESS LOVE. BEYOND TIME etc..

The father/mother/son is the easiest reference we can see in the world as a trinity of love (or should be)that we can grasp a hold of.

Just a few thoughts from my pea brain.
Old 19-12-2018, 03:44 AM
Master
I AM
Simply
Our limited consciousness
As pure awareness
Boundless
In the sea of Oneness
Both within & without form
For as long as ...
Consciousness resonates
As one with the That awareness
In, as & one with Oneness

Old 28-12-2018, 04:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
Very nicely stated. Reminds me of this:
“Oh, Lord, forgive three sins that are due to my human limitations.
Thou art Everywhere, but I worship thee here:
Thou art without form, but I worship thee in these forms;
Thou needest no praise, yet I offer thee these prayers and salutations.
Lord, forgive three sins that are due to my human limitations."
- Ash”
― M.M. Kaye
This is almost identical to:

https://ramanan50.files.wordpress.co...728.jpg?w=1024

Not a bad effort for a die-hard non-dualist.

Whatever God is to YOU personally is what God IS, so it's really pointless asking others.
Old 29-12-2018, 08:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This is almost identical to:

https://ramanan50.files.wordpress.co...728.jpg?w=1024

Not a bad effort for a die-hard non-dualist.

Whatever God is to YOU personally is what God IS, so it's really pointless asking others.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:14 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Is I AM a someone or a something?

Yes
I AM someone, something, somewhere, sometime, always.