Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by onimusha
Our essence? the thing that gives us conciouness after we are physically dead?
The question then is what exactly is our essence. Here is how I see myself.
Old 29-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
I can't tell for sure if I posses a soul or not,I've always been terrified of this possibility...The idea of "nothing" always scared me.
Do you think some people got souls and others do not?
I've been unconscious before, and I think that's what it feels to do not posses a soul...
And if your brain is just a tool for processing our consciouness,how come when the brain is shuttted off from drugs, we are unconciouss? Don't you think we would experience our soul even when the brain isn't working...

Please don't worry or get scared. You don't possess a Soul. You ARE a Soul, temporarily inhabiting a 3 dimensional body for incredible learning purposes.
This really is only a road trip. Even though it is so tough sometimes, I know.

There is a difference between being profoundly unconscious, and being lucid and aware. I also have had anesthetic and been profoundly unconscious remembering nothing and being aware of nothing. Also during deep sleep states. But I've also been aware and lucid yet not 'in the body' (or aware of the body)

No there aren't some people who (are) Souls and some people who aren't. We all are. Trust that.
Old 29-06-2015, 12:13 PM
onimusha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Please don't worry or get scared. You don't possess a Soul. You ARE a Soul, temporarily inhabiting a 3 dimensional body for incredible learning purposes.
This really is only a road trip. Even though it is so tough sometimes, I know.

There is a difference between being profoundly unconscious, and being lucid and aware.I also have had anesthetic and been profoundly unconscious remembering nothing and being aware of nothing.Also during deep sleep states. But I've also been aware and lucid yet not 'in the body' (or aware of the body)

No there aren't some people who (are) Souls and some people who aren't. We all are. Trust that.
That's the point,if we get unconcious when the brain if off how come we can't feel our soul?
Old 29-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I can't tell for sure if I posses a soul or not,I've always been terrified of this possibility...The idea of "nothing" always scared me.
I've been unconscious before, and I think that's what it feels to do not posses a soul...
And if your brain is just a tool for processing our consciouness,how come when the brain is shuttted off from drugs, we are unconciouss? Don't you think we would experience our soul even when the brain isn't working...

Do you have dreams when you're asleep? Have you also got an imagination and daydreams? This is the soul of you experiencing.
Not everything is from the brain. The brain is an organ. A soul is a part of our entire bodies, including hair and blood but is also connected to your home, family, treasures and things you love.
Old 30-06-2015, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
That's the point,if we get unconcious when the brain if off how come we can't feel our soul?

Gosh....I don't know exactly. Because at times like that we're just 'knocked out'?

But consciously 'leaving the body' is an entirely different experience. And it is probable that will happen at the death of the body too. And even if it doesn't, it isn't anything to be scared about. Some people go out unconsciously and wake up in the next world later.
The Soul is always there, even if we are sleeping or unconscious for a short period of time. We pick up on it again when we wake up.
Old 30-06-2015, 07:06 AM
Deactivated Account
The following excerpts were taken from The Cosmic Game (Stanislav Grof M.D.):

-While these experiments clearly show that consciousness is closely connected with the neurophysiological and biochemical processes in the brain, they have very little bearing on the nature and origin of consciousness. There actually exists ample evidence suggesting exactly the opposite, namely that consciousness can under certain circumstances operate independently of its material substrate and can perform functions that reach far beyond the capacities of the brain. This is most clearly illustrated by the existence of out-of-body experiences (OOBEs). These can occur spontaneously, or in a variety of facilitating situations that include shamanic trance, psychedelic sessions, hypnosis, experiential psychotherapy, and particularly near-death situations.

-In all these situations consciousness can separate from the body and maintain its sensory capacity, while moving freely to various close and remote locations. Of particular interest are “veridical OOBEs,” where independent verification proves the accuracy of perception of the environment under these circumstances. There are many other types of transpersonal phenomena that can mediate accurate information about various aspects of the universe that had not been previously received and recorded in the brain.**

-Western materialistic science has thus not been able to produce any convincing evidence that consciousness is a product of the neurophysiological processes in the brain. It has been able to maintain its present position only by resisting, censoring, and even ridiculing a vast body of observations indicating that consciousness can exist and function independently of the body and of the physical senses. This evidence comes from parapsychology, anthropology, LSD research, experiential psychotherapy, thanatology, and the study of spontaneously occurring nonordinary states of consciousness. All these disciplines have amassed impressive data demonstrating clearly that human consciousness is capable of doing many things that the brain (as understood by mainstream science) could not possibly do.**
Old 30-06-2015, 07:11 AM
Deactivated Account
The following excerpts were taken from Consciousness Beyond Life (Pim van Lommel M.D.):

-Many serious and trustworthy people have reported that, to their great surprise, they were able to experience an enhanced consciousness, independently of their body. On the basis of a few scientifically sound studies of NDE among cardiac arrest survivors, researchers have come to the conclusion that current scientific knowledge cannot offer an adequate explanation for the cause and content of a near-death experience. Some prospective, empirical studies provide conclusive evidence that it is possible to experience an enhanced and lucid consciousness during a cardiac arrest. We appear to have scientific proof that the cerebral cortex and brain stem are devoid of measurable activity during a cardiac arrest and that the clinical picture also reflects a loss of all brain function. Brain studies have shown that under normal circumstances a functioning, collaborative network of brain centers is a prerequisite for the experience of waking consciousness. This is absent during a cardiac arrest. Oxygen deficiency in itself provides no explanation because NDEs can be reported under circumstances that are not life-threatening, such as mortal fear or a serious depression. Our mind is capable of altering the anatomy and function of the brain (neuroplasticity). In many respects, both consciousness and brain function remain a huge mystery.***

-The brain and the body merely function as a relay station receiving part of the overall consciousness and part of our memories in our waking consciousness in the form of measurable and constantly changing electromagnetic fields. In this view, these electromagnetic fields of the brain are not the cause but rather the effect or consequence of endless consciousness. According to this concept, our brain can be compared to a television set that receives information from electromagnetic fields and decodes it into sound and vision. Our brain can also be compared to a television camera, which converts sound and vision into electromagnetic waves, or encodes it. These electromagnetic waves contain the essence of all information for a TV program but are available to our senses only through a television camera and set. In this view, brain function can be seen as a transceiver; the brain does not produce but rather facilitates consciousness. And DMT or dimethyltryptamine, which is produced in the pineal gland, could play an important role in disturbing this process, as we saw earlier. Consciousness contains the seeds of all the information that is stored as wave functions in nonlocal space. It transmits information to the brain and via the brain receives information from the body and the senses. That consciousness affects both form and function of the brain and the body has been described in the discussion of neuroplasticity (“The mind can change the brain”).***

-Consciousness is not confined to the brain because consciousness is nonlocal, and our brain facilitates rather than produces our experience of consciousness. Whereas our waking consciousness has a biological basis, because our body functions as an interface, there is no biological basis for our endless and nonlocal consciousness, which has its roots in nonlocal space. Waking consciousness is experienced via the body, but endless consciousness does not reside in our brain.***

-It often takes an NDE to get people to think about the possibility of experiencing consciousness independently of the body and to realize that consciousness has probably always been and always will be, that everything and everybody are connected, that all of our thoughts will exist forever and have an impact on both ourselves and our surroundings, and that death as such does not exist. An NDE provides an opportunity to reconsider our relationship with ourselves, others, and nature, but only if we continue to ask open questions and abandon preconceptions.***
Old 30-06-2015, 07:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Onimusha, have you ever woken up from having been sleeping with no recollection of having had any dreams the night before? Then while going about your day, something triggers your recollection (memory) of a dream you had the night before? This happens to me quite a bit. Just because I didn't initially remember a dream experience upon waking up doesn't mean there was no 'activity' going on for me while I was sleeping. Your consciousness (soul) is always experiencing something! It has no need for sleep, sleep is a biological process to help restore/rejuvenate the physical body. So please consider that when you think of yourself or someone in an 'unconscious state', that it's both possible and quite likely that there is in fact activity going on and their conscious awareneness is experiencing something, but it is the transition from that state back to the 'waking state' and the reconnection with the physical mind/brain that often blocks the sufficient integration of those memories....
Old 30-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Suspended

The story of the soul, just like the story of reincarnation involved spiritual science...not spirit.

Science of the spirit is a review that was given from a human male's own psychic conscious spiritual expression when he first investigated and documented information to use for a science...GIZA...PYRAMIDS and TEMPLE transmission relay for stone levitation.

Real spirits are our own higher light self, still in the light and if you could pass your hand through the atmosphere, you would find yourself in the light.

Therefore when we die our spirit becomes self aware that it was always a light being, communicating to its own lower organic body.
Old 30-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Ravenspirit

Quote:

Probably yes, but I'm not sure we'd understand what it was. If it helps any I have experienced proof of life after death, of the soul, at least I think I have. When a friend of mine, my roomie actually at the time, died unexpectedly she came back through her home as she left. I was not expecting her death, no one was. She had chronic health issues, and lived in what could only be described as a twisted body. She had a lovely spirit but life was very hard on her. A lot of the time it was sheer torture for her just to get around and recently she had been very sick. She was up at rehab doing some work on her lungs and to improve her mobility, but she was getting better and she was due home in a few weeks.

One night she just up and died. I was up, working on cleaning in my room. It was the wee hours. I suddenly felt her spirit fly up the hall, into me and out of me. The door in front of me which I was just reaching for would not open. It was like it was locked, only there was no lock on that door. I physically heard her distinctive giggle, like she was there holding the door shut as a last joke, and then very abruptly the door released and I was able to open it. In my mind I heard a faint amused "Bye!" and that was that. I just knew she was gone from this earth. I went upstairs and I told some mutual friends that she was gone. They tried to tell me that I was just imagining things, but I knew better.

4 hours later the rehab facility called and told me she was gone. FYI, she died exactly when I felt her pass. SOMETHING went through me that night and I do believe it was her, communicating one last time with the one person she knew who could still feel her and hear her. She went through her home, through me, and then she went off on her next great adventure but before she did what was left of her, her spirit, her soul, it came back to let me know she was out of the cage of flesh that had so bound her in life, finally free....

I will never forget that moment. In that moment I knew I could not doubt in the soul or in life after death. I had had encounters with spirits before but not like that one. Having her literally step through me, feeling her, there with me, it was just a very profound experience. There was just no denial after that. She showed me her soul, and it was beautiful...