Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 10-08-2018, 11:15 PM
Master
Energy of Buildings and Spaces

Hi.

I have been looking on google and to no avail, but is there a word for reading the energy of buildings and spaces?

Does it fall under the category of Psychometry?

I am asking as I had had an experience in a previous home of feeling a great amount of peace radiate from my dresser in my bedroom, and I have a couple questions.

I am unsure if perhaps the peace was energy from the building, or if perhaps it was sacred space created there by some means? The peace always seemed to be felt strongest when I would focus my eyes on the dresser. Looking at the dresser would produce a feeling of peace within.

Does anyone understand what I mean here? Any thoughts? Is there a word for reading buildings and outdoor spaces, or is this related to psychometry?

Thank you.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Guide
I don't know, but I'd like to know as well (as I'm trying to understand why I recently developed an aversion toward my best friend's house). I can spend hours in antique stores due to how certain objects feel/radiate. Reading an entire building, to me feels like a different process than trying to read a single object though-- which makes sense as there is so much more embedded energetically within a structure where countless people have been in and out and/or lived their lives and experienced pains and joys. (I'm useless at reading single objects, though. Except for mirrors.)

As for the dresser you speak of; when I've gone antique shopping I've sometimes felt that same peaceful energy within certain pieces of furniture-- I don't think it necessarily means it was a created sacred space-- there might have been a drawer where a sweet lady stored precious sentimental items and mementos (photos, old baby clothes, dried flowers and other such things) for instance. I'd think something like that alone could cause it to radiate a peaceful energy, regardless of the energy of the rest of the building. (Like in my friend's parents house for instance.. There is a roaming dark energy, but there are also little pockets of peacefulness and love which just so happen to stay near certain pieces of furniture belonging to a deceased relative/the deceased relative's daughter)
Old 11-08-2018, 07:57 PM
Knower

Receiving information from feelings is, I believe, clairsentience. Copied from the internet: Clairsentience (clear feeling) Quite possibly the most under-estimated psychic gift, is the ability to feel strongly and sense the emotions and feelings of people, animals, spirits, and places around them.~

Through sensing feelings, mine also then presents itself in direct knowledge, pictures, smells or sounds. But it always started with the sensing of vibration/feeling.
Old 14-08-2018, 01:21 AM
Experiencer

It's possible that the area where that dresser was, could've been a place where a lot of good memories of good things happened and took place, so that energy left an imprint in that area.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Experiencer
Hi! SaturninePluto,
While stepping into a dwelling (example) you've never been to before; try putting a hand on the wall and see how you feel. You can pick up the energy if its good or bad. Sometimes even be able to pick up if violence that happened.
Ive experienced both complete joy in some places and others i couldn't stand to stay in because of the negative energy!
I've only experienced really bad from an object once so i don't know about furniture but im guessing it may be similar.

Love Shine
Old 17-08-2018, 01:17 AM
Guide

I believe this is clairsentience. This weird feeling happens to me when walking through a certain part of my building's parking lot. I get very dizzy, like something definitely happened there in that particular spot.
Old 17-08-2018, 04:49 AM
Master
Hi.

Thank you all for your responses.

I asked about this as I have had a couple more recent experiences with the energy of buildings and spaces. One of those experiences being with the dresser yes, and the other being with the street of my current residence, sensing that a funeral parlor used to be present in the area- I found this to actually be so later on through word of a neighbor.

I thought I'd start a topic as I have an interest in this area of energy sensing.

And thank you to those whom have explained this is related to clairsentience.

I appreciate it.
Old 17-08-2018, 06:33 AM
Administrator
Hello

I am drawn to clairsentience as where it fits. Its that creepy crawlly feeling when you enter a space it just feels off. At times the hair on your neck or arms will stand on end. Its that cold feeling for me almost like walking in a mist where your not wet but damp.

Clairaudience –
- Hearing sounds – music – voices – not audible to normal hearing
- Term comes from the French meaning “Clear Hearing”
- Often experienced in dream state and related stages of consciousness
- Many times it’s a whispered message from a voice that is unknown

Clairsentience –
- Super physical sense perception
- Connection on the level of smell – touch – taste – emotions – and even physical senstiaons experience (travel to event and re living it)
- May register on an internal or external level

Clairvoyance – Knowing
- Perception of current object – events – people that are not discerned through normal senses
- The seeing might manifest internal or external visions or seeing of images that then must be interpreted
- On the Astral Level – seeing other Worlds or being

Psychometry

Psychometry is also known as psychometrics or token object reading. The word psychometry comes from the Greek word “psyche” meaning measure. It was named for the science invented by Joseph Rhodes Buchanan in the 1840’s.

With an object readings there are a few psychic or medium abilities used, clairvoyance, clairsentience and clairaudience. With this reading the reader is able to connect to impressions or visions and even at times events that surround the object.

This usually requires that the object is held directly but not at all times, with object such a jewelry, rings they are or were worn by a living energy being. This will bring at times that needed connection even without seeing the object in even a photo.

When something is held this will bring in the other senses like smell, and hearing.

Lynn
Old 17-08-2018, 06:17 PM
Master
Old time mountain men used to refer to having a sense of feeling the energy of a certain place.... mountain...forest....or a certain place....."feeling a bump"

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 02-09-2018, 09:52 PM
Knower
We used to have an old mirror hanging at the bottom of our stairs and I really didn't like it. It gave me the creeps. It was given to us as a house warming present so I didn't want to give it away. It was there for years. I've never really connected it before but all the time it was there I felt as if there was someone in the corner at the bottom of the stairs. One or two friends felt it as well. Eventually I plucked up the courage to get rid of the thing. I gave it away to some people who loved it and I went out and bought a modern white framed mirror. The energy in that part of the room seemed to clear immediately and it felt much lighter and brighter. This was mainly due to getting rid of a big old heavy dark wood mirror and replacing it with something lighter and brighter, however I haven't felt the presence in at the bottom of the stairs since though so I wonder if it was connected to the mirror.