Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 25-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Knower

Have you tried looking for a meet up group in your area? This is not for hookups or singles, although it can be, but it is where people of like mind set groups and dates where they can meet in person. I've been to a few and I've hosted a few. It may not find you any lasting friends but if there's one of your interest in your area, you might want to check it out for social interaction. Meetup.com
Old 02-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhosdeamendoa
I have had a major spiritual awakening about 7 years ago, where the veil was lifted and my life completely transformed.

I started living from my truth and integrity of self, and life changed gradually. I divorced, started my own business, moved into a new house (twice), and I feel that now I am in a very good place with myself and my life.

The only thing I miss is people.

Most of my old friends fell away, as many relationships with them were karmic and based on past wounds and patterns. My one best friend that remained lives in another country, although we talk daily on Facebook.

My family also is in that country, as I moved here 10 years ago.

Apart from my 6 year old son, I basically have no friends. I know a few people, but no intimate friends to invite to my house for dinner or go out.

After my awakening, I feel difficult to meet like-minded people. There's a group of moms where most of them you can tell have settled in unhappy marriages, then other people at the gym I go that have very big egos, etc.

And I work from home, which makes things even harder.

I recently moved into a house in the countryside and when my son is with his dad, I feel really lonely. It seems I only meet people I connect with online.

I cannot go back to have karmic friendships based on superficiality or interests, etc, but also cannot live isolated.

Any advice? Thank you.
I have had the same experience. I was in an auto accident, in which I was nearly killed, and had something similar to a Near-Death Experience (NDE). It has taken me over a decade to make sense of it and integrate the knowledge that came to me during that experience (and has continued to come since), but from the beginning I emerged from it so changed, I had to shed my old life the way a snake sheds its skin. I had to leave virtually everybody from my old life, yet there has not exactly been a rush of volunteers to replace them!

As a result of my experience, I understand that we are all deeply connected, and that it is only superficial, illusory physical-world barriers that keep us apart. I try to acknowledge that connection in the way I treat other people I meet, be it in shops or restaurants, on the bus, or at work. We are all in this together, and some of us have taken on a very difficult challenge in coming here. Some are lost, groping in the darkness, believing they are alone, with no idea who they truly are or why they came here. So I try to treat everyone I encounter as the fellow traveler they are, because I know it makes them feel less isolated and alone, and to a degree it helps me.

Thus, I have a lot of acquaintances who are happy to see me, but this is not the same as true friendship. That has been extremely difficult to come by, even within spiritual communities.

I consider myself fortunate that I am introverted by nature, and am comfortable with extended periods of solitude, but isolation (even self-imposed) isn't actually good for me. I volunteer twice a week for an animal welfare group, and have bonded with staff and other volunteers over the animals we care for and our shared concern for them. However, without the "glue" the animals and our shared mission provide, I don't think very many of those social bonds would survive if I left, despite having volunteered there for over a decade.

Now that I think about it, all of my best friends these days are animals, and they are the ones I have the most emotionally fulfilling relationships with. I like the "difficult" cases, who have behavioral issues others deem intractable, and who were often going to be killed because their previous humans could not tolerate them anymore. I take them home and teach them how to understand and communicate with humans, and to behave in acceptable ways that will get them what they want and need from their next humans. Then there are the "hopeless" cases, and those are the ones I adopt for myself because where else are they going to go? Who else will understand them, and love them, and know how wonderful they are, in spite of their behavior?

So I am a strange, misfit human surrounded by strange, misfit animals, and I do get a great deal of joy and satisfaction out of it. But the feeling that I am perpetually on the wrong side of the glass in human relationships persists, even though I would not go back to my old, pre-awakening life for anything in this world.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:43 PM
Experiencer

Thank you for sharing wintersong. Your story touched me. I think we are all uniquely different and strange in some ways. :).
Old 02-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Experiencer

Olhosdeamendoa.. I too moved to the country about seven months ago. I am finding it hard to talk to people but I keep visualising I will meet these great new friends. I know I am different accepted it long ago. Most people i meet either try and use me or else get scared. I am okay with that too. It is there journey.

I know that when I do connect to the right energy more great energy will follow and that is faith
Old 02-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Song
I have had the same experience. I was in an auto accident, in which I was nearly killed, and had something similar to a Near-Death Experience (NDE). It has taken me over a decade to make sense of it and integrate the knowledge that came to me during that experience (and has continued to come since), but from the beginning I emerged from it so changed, I had to shed my old life the way a snake sheds its skin. I had to leave virtually everybody from my old life, yet there has not exactly been a rush of volunteers to replace them!

As a result of my experience, I understand that we are all deeply connected, and that it is only superficial, illusory physical-world barriers that keep us apart. I try to acknowledge that connection in the way I treat other people I meet, be it in shops or restaurants, on the bus, or at work. We are all in this together, and some of us have taken on a very difficult challenge in coming here. Some are lost, groping in the darkness, believing they are alone, with no idea who they truly are or why they came here. So I try to treat everyone I encounter as the fellow traveler they are, because I know it makes them feel less isolated and alone, and to a degree it helps me.

Thus, I have a lot of acquaintances who are happy to see me, but this is not the same as true friendship. That has been extremely difficult to come by, even within spiritual communities.

I consider myself fortunate that I am introverted by nature, and am comfortable with extended periods of solitude, but isolation (even self-imposed) isn't actually good for me. I volunteer twice a week for an animal welfare group, and have bonded with staff and other volunteers over the animals we care for and our shared concern for them. However, without the "glue" the animals and our shared mission provide, I don't think very many of those social bonds would survive if I left, despite having volunteered there for over a decade.

Now that I think about it, all of my best friends these days are animals, and they are the ones I have the most emotionally fulfilling relationships with. I like the "difficult" cases, who have behavioral issues others deem intractable, and who were often going to be killed because their previous humans could not tolerate them anymore. I take them home and teach them how to understand and communicate with humans, and to behave in acceptable ways that will get them what they want and need from their next humans. Then there are the "hopeless" cases, and those are the ones I adopt for myself because where else are they going to go? Who else will understand them, and love them, and know how wonderful they are, in spite of their behavior?

So I am a strange, misfit human surrounded by strange, misfit animals, and I do get a great deal of joy and satisfaction out of it. But the feeling that I am perpetually on the wrong side of the glass in human relationships persists, even though I would not go back to my old, pre-awakening life for anything in this world.

Winter Song....
You are doing some lovely work with these Souls to help them adapt to their life on Earth. Blessings to you!
It seems very often with animals, that there is less in the way between their Souls and personalities. Humans are much more complex and can be quite difficult to understand and mesh with (I find that also.)