Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 23-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Master
Manifestation Altar

Hi everyone.

I have just noticed this idea floating around the web in line with creating and manifesting our own reality, and I must say, I can not believe it has taken me this long to find such an idea!

The idea is to take the idea of a vision board- a board where we keep ideas, thoughts, and representations of what it is we'd like to manifest in our lives- and to create an altar of our own that serves a like purpose of our vision boards only we place the ideas, thoughts, and representations of what we'd like to manifest on an altar of our own design and making.

Now this idea may not be practical for everyone and everyone will have their own unique way whether a vision board or simple affirmations, but for myself especially, this idea calls to me, at the least- to be aware of such an idea.

As a practicing pagan, I am not new to the idea of an altar itself, and have several of my own scattered around my private quarters. This idea I have just found however- adds an entirely new element to altar use which I am pleasantly surprised to have found, and to be able to now consider.

Though I am not new to manifesting what it is I'd like to see in my life, I am glad to find a new means of expressing my inner thoughts, ideas, and dreams.

Has anyone else had any experience with this idea?

Has anyone else here used this idea of having an altar- as a place to place representations of what it is you wish to desire?

Interested in your thoughts.
Old 23-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Master
Manifestation Altar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hi everyone.

I have just noticed this idea floating around the web in line with creating and manifesting our own reality, and I must say, I can not believe it has taken me this long to find such an idea!

The idea is to take the idea of a vision board- a board where we keep ideas, thoughts, and representations of what it is we'd like to manifest in our lives- and to create an altar of our own that serves a like purpose of our vision boards only we place the ideas, thoughts, and representations of what we'd like to manifest on an altar of our own design and making.

Now this idea may not be practical for everyone and everyone will have their own unique way whether a vision board or simple affirmations, but for myself especially, this idea calls to me, at the least- to be aware of such an idea.

As a practicing pagan, I am not new to the idea of an altar itself, and have several of my own scattered around my private quarters. This idea I have just found however- adds an entirely new element to altar use which I am pleasantly surprised to have found, and to be able to now consider.

Though I am not new to manifesting what it is I'd like to see in my life, I am glad to find a new means of expressing my inner thoughts, ideas, and dreams.

Has anyone else had any experience with this idea?

Has anyone else here used this idea of having an altar- as a place to place representations of what it is you wish to desire?

Interested in your thoughts.

Hi SaturninePluto,

Just noticed that we both responded to the same thread about Dream Boards, started by Clover, in the 1st attachment, that discusses a similar idea as what you are asking about here, namely Manifestation Altars. Perhaps comparing the similarities between what you said in the 1st reference, below (yours was the last post) and the idea you've cited in your post above, could be helpful to you.

In my own research, I've come to understand that the contents placed on either are metaphors for placing the contents of one's desire in the only place that can convert our invisible desires into visible reality: Consciousness

Though I personally don't use Dream Boards or Manifestation Altars, I can appreciate their usefulness to others. As I mentioned in reply to Clover's post, about ".... helping me correlate these ideas to see how a Vision Board can be the "springboard" to catalyze consciousness to create the "very picture of reality" one desires to manifest...(live the 'splash")!!

Neville Goddard states in the 2nd reference, The Law and the Promise,: To attempt to change circumstances before you change your imaginal activity, is to struggle against the very nature of things. There can be no outer change until there is first an imaginal change. Everything you do, unaccompanied by an imaginal change, is but futile readjustment of surfaces. Imagining the wish fulfilled brings about a union with that state, and during that union you behave in keeping with your imaginal change. This shows you that an imaginal change will result in a change of behavior. Nothing stands between you and the fulfillment of your dreams but facts — and facts are the creations of imagining. If you change your imagining, you will change the facts.

If this were not, "in fact" true....no one would have imagined trains, planes, or automobiles that transport us....or an Internet that transports our ideas in this Forum! Right?

So if using a Manifestation Altar or a Dream Board can help you use your imaginal activity to transport you to your dreams...you may, indeed, be on to something, don't you think?

This makes sense to me!

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=dream+boa rd

Reference: http://www.thelawandthepromise.com/
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 24-06-2018 at 05:25 AM.
Old 23-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Master
Hi,

I do know what a vision board is even though I never used one as I personally saw no value in it. Plus it uses wall space which I don't have enough of to dedicate for a vision board. Perhaps it goes hand in hand with setting goals which is another thing I don't do.

Now, putting the pictures of what you want to manifest in your life on an altar would be better than on a wall. As I read your post, a thought ran through my mind. If you're going to use pictures to help create your reality, why not put them in a cauldron? I think of the energy involved with an altar and a cauldron. From that perspective, it makes sense to give your ideas on extra 'oomph'.

Anyway, that's my thought.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 23-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Newbie ;)

We can influence our perception of reality, but not reality itself.