Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 03-05-2017, 05:55 AM
Master

Link or no link between awakened state and Emotional Body ?

Just looking for views on a link or no link between Awakening to who we really are and our emotional life here. Is there a causal link do you think ? I mean, I've heard two different views from two different teachers which seem to oppose each other. One says when you know how things really are, therefore, your seeing from your real identity then you 'travel lighter'here on earth, that alone, suggests some kind of causal link ? I'm going to try and ask this teacher this question if I can.

And then another teacher says, there maybe very little change or there may be lots of changes to your life here. That your body and emotions are pre-destined to behave in a certain way due to genes and conditioning ? So when you have an awakened realisation it may or may not effect things like anger etc. What do you think ?

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 03-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Just looking for views on a link or no link between Awakening to who we really are and our emotional life here. Is there a causal link do you think ? I mean, I've heard two different views from two different teachers which seem to oppose each other. One says when you know how things really are, therefore, your seeing from your real identity then you 'travel lighter'here on earth, that alone, suggests some kind of causal link ? I'm going to try and ask this teacher this question if I can.

And then another teacher says, there maybe very little change or there may be lots of changes to your life here. That your body and emotions are pre-destined to behave in a certain way due to genes and conditioning ? So when you have an awakened realisation it may or may not effect things like anger etc. What do you think ?

Lets say for the sake of considering this, that all awakening amounts to is the end of feeling disconnected and a sense that you are therefore one with everything.

Presumably the emotions connected with feeling disconnected such as fear, depression, and maybe anger, would be reduced when that feeling ended. Feeling connected to everyone and everything, and most profoundly that 'you' are 'them' should produce an easing of feelings of anger towards those apparent 'others'.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Lets say for the sake of considering this, that all awakening amounts to is the end of feeling disconnected and a sense that you are therefore one with everything.

Presumably the emotions connected with feeling disconnected such as fear, depression, and maybe anger, would be reduced when that feeling ended. Feeling connected to everyone and everything, and most profoundly that 'you' are 'them' should produce an easing of feelings of anger towards those apparent 'others'.

Yes thanks, that makes sense. Need more time to think about it though, there are many ways of speaking about awakening, and definitions of it too, negative emotions perhaps cause a kind of covering to happen, a blindness to the essential completeness of our true nature, a connectedness as you which loses it strength when we are caught up in worldly battles ? But some apparent worldly battles are ones were we are learning spiritually ? anyway more food for thought. thanks.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 20-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Pathfinder
In Zen it is said that once the bottom of the bucket falls out, all the water goes with it. These were wooden buckets. Now I say it should not have to be said that it never holds water again...but it also is not immediately perfectly dry (nor does it need to be).

Awakening includes seeing through the illusions of the mind. Suffering and problems cease...for the most part. I do find that a little of the most deeply ingrained condition may hold on. So anger may continue to flair...but as most of the suffering has ceased...I would not say "very little change" has happened. Anyone who finds suffering ceases will not call it a very little change.

What does stay remains due to it remaining unexamined (not brought into the light of understanding). I like delving into what remains and watching it pass as well. Some teachers will say there is no reason to do this as it is not really who/what they are (just habits of the body-mind). While true, it does bring suffering to others in this dream and it is interesting to find out how deeply the understanding can go (and how much can be let go of).

So you are definitely traveling lighter after awakening...but some conditioning may remain. Whether you delve into what remains is entirely up to you. You don't have to...there is no need for "self-improvement"...but I find it is fun and so I do delve into it.