Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 22-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Suspended
Master
me and my twin have basically tried every social media site there is because we break up at some point, then re-communicate in some other app etc.

but the main ones- fb and instagram are the cruelest. havent been following for years. and dont see us being friends again in those sites.
Old 22-08-2016, 08:55 PM
Guide

reunion is not a guarantee to begin with and never will become one either.. connection or not it cannot force anyone to do anything they dont want to. this is just another fluffy tf website hoax among all the other countless lies they all copy/paste.

but as far as social media..it is nothing but a destructive lie where little to no truth exists. it is a place to make ones life seem more interesting and better then what it really is. so is living in a lie speaking the truth? can a union exist as a lie? no it cannot.
Old 23-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

IMO, reading and looking over old conversations does one thing... aligns you with that exact energy.

If their bad conversations, you might as well time travel on a negative route over and over again. I think that it likely hinders you rather than helps you.
Old 23-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Lorelyen

If it works, it works. It doesn't really matter what medium you use does it?

I personally find words a hindrance. People can blurt, can say what they think someone wants to hear, can misinform, can misinterpret their motives and emotions - Mercury is a known trickster! - so I look to acts and gestures as signs of what's felt, what's meant, etc. Words are fine for small talk and imparting information. Just my view.

Old 23-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Badcopyinc

I personally don't believe in FB and have recently deleted my IG because I realized I was fueling my ego through it.

I agree that it has its place for small talk and very very few scenarios where it is needed to connect or get support. For me personally I had to create a fake account to connect with the 3D printer support groups. Outside of that I dislike the affect I have witnessed in relationships and friendships. But I could also view those as an issue in my perspective. Either way when I finally meet my TF I it will not be on social media. Or at least I pray not!
Old 24-06-2017, 05:03 AM
Experiencer

I'm not the best reader in the universe, but non verbal communication can be better than verbal communication. It blocks harassing spirits, negative energy, and jumping to conclusions, so you can respond respectively on your own time. The internet really helps those who are more sensitive to that type of thing, like empaths and those who are socially anxious.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:28 AM
Guide

In all honesty, i think that social media and mobile phones have ruined our society and many lives. They are addictive, distracting... they have replaced natural and creative free time activities such as painting, writing, playing music, ecc... I miss the times when internet was available only on Computers. There was more balance. And i miss the times when Facebook didn't exist and forums were the main attraction.
Facebook is based on Ego. It's ME ME ME. Personal life.
Forums instead can enrich our culture through interesting conversations about all kinds of topics.
I'm 30years old and have witnessed this change in the world.
And with all these provocative selfies of so many people available on the net, i think that faithfulness is becoming an utopy. Who likes to imagine a partner browsing through the photos of other women/men? Personally i think it's not as healthy and natural as meeting other women/men in Real life.
When i was 15, photos were only shown in the privacy of our homes.
I'm not against technology, but I'm absolutely saddened by how things have evolved in these latest 6-7 years.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delay_Reaction
I know in this day and age many people have stories of meeting their Twin or soulmate on dating sites, and perhaps got to know them better through social media or by texting/emailing...But are these methods of communication ultimately helping or hindering?

I personally have spent more time texting/chatting with my twin than actually spending time with her either verbally or in person. The ratio is about 3:1 or thereabouts. My question is, how much does this effect your relationship with your twin or soulmate?

I know there's more than just chatting. There's also the signs, syncs, and telepathic connections. But i'd venture a guess and say that most of the communication that takes place happens in cyberspace.

It kind of frightens me that I can go through my entire chat history with my twin and see the progression of our relationship. Not only that, I can actually see with my own eyes every major bump or milestone along the way because it has been recorded in written text.

Whenever I go through my old chat records with my twin, I always feel a rush of emotion, as if I am reliving those moments again. Then what's the first thing I do? I immediately text my twin and pour my feelings out to her, and I set myself back again. All the healing I did, gone.

This trend is somewhat disturbing to me. Do you think maybe the fact that we can go through old chat history prevents us from healing? It also may give us false hopes because we see what we want to see and we hope that our twin still feels the same way as we do. What we feel is real because we're still hung up over our twin, but then we project those feelings onto our twin.

What happens 99% of the time when we pour our feelings out to our twin over a text message or email? They ignore us. It's just too easy to do nothing.

I admit I was able to successfully reach out to my twin via text many times, but it always came AFTER I had seen her in person. That person to person connection lasted so much longer than a text message and is something that people (especially younger people) don't do enough of.

If we stopped spending so much time chatting/texting/emailng/cyber-spacing with our twin, maybe we'd be able to heal faster. Maybe this would even speed up reunion? And if we do see our twin again, we can be assured that the emotions being expressed are felt by both parties.

I think most of the time when it comes to twin flames, a lot of people are just living on a prayer. People use social media to spy on or even judge their twins' actions. But can we actually get a clear picture of what is going on from a couple of status updates and pictures? We like to assume that they are unhappy or miserable without us and are just putting on an act for the camera. Maybe it's true. Maybe not.

We hope that our twin is feeling what we are feeling. Miss us just as much as we miss them. Or want us just as much as we want them. Maybe it's true in your case and they do feel the same way. But I know that for me, I have to look my twin in the eye to see how she truly feels about me. Everything else is just a guess or a prayer.

Texting and social media, as great a tools as they are for re-establishing contact with people and making connections, actually suck at developing relationships beyond the platonic level. I'd argue that it creates disproportionately shallower relationships as time goes on. I'm at a point where my words don't mean much anymore in a text program, unless backed up by real face to face interactions.

Am I alone in thinking this?

No you are not. I've know my twin for 30 years and we did not have social media or texting, we had to see each other and talk on the phone.

Like you we text more than talk or see each other, although we do those things too. Mine is so busy and travels that texting is an easy way to communicate, but when you get deeper into things texts start to be misunderstood. I do not think anyone can have a deep conversation through texts.

He and I have had arguments when one of us misconstrues what the other meant. He texted something the other day that upset me. I took a while to do something else then re-read it and got a whole different meaning - more positive.

I too go over our text history and see the progression of our reunion, as well as the bumps. I do try to push mine to at least talk on the phone some.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:36 PM
Master
I have to be honest when it comes to twins there is always some reason why communication is odd. I remember my twin and I years ago (long before the internet), we met on the bus and he said 'write to me'... I lived fifteen minutes away from his house then and he was asking me to write. It's not social media that has done this, twins are a different breed to everyone else. I am super sure of that now!!! ;)