Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Ascender
sage burning

Hi all
ive ordered some sage to get rid of spirits

is there any special prayer you need to do when burning sage ?

how long should i burn the sage ?

Does it smell bad or ok ?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Administrator
H I I often smudge my home with sage when I feel it needs it.just say a positive prayer as you smudge. I like the smell of sage so it doesn't bother me.
its the smoke you smudge with go into every corner of your room.smudging is for cleansing.

Namaste
Old 12-04-2018, 11:40 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngers1810
Hi all
ive ordered some sage to get rid of spirits

is there any special prayer you need to do when burning sage ?

how long should i burn the sage ?

Does it smell bad or ok ?

Thanks in advance

I always make it a point to do a full house clearing each spring and then again in the fall before the house becomes closed off for the winter months. Part of my own ritual is in fact sage burning. What I have learned through my research over the years is that there are particular kinds of sage. The one you want to be sure to get to "Remove" negativity is white sage. Be sure the package reads this. There are others I've learned that are used to draw spirits in rather than remove negativity. So I am always certain to purchase the correct one. In my own ritual once I smudge the home using either a large Shell or ash try is to let the smoke waft into each corner of the room and up each wall with the use of a feather saying prayers as I go. Once the house is done I say blessing in each room and I sometimes will also do a perimeter of sea salt all the way around the outsides of our home to keep the negativity out.

Some people even believe in the power of quartz crystals and you can even so much as pick up 4 of them and after deactivating them in water and sea salt to remove any energies from others handling them, then let them lay out in the sun to recharge. Once they have been recharged you can bury them points outward away from your home in all 4 directions (north,south, east, and west). This too will help with protection and keep the negativity out that just left the home after smudging. This does work.
Old 22-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Master
wish 1 u r usinn insess sagess is inseses stickss or inseses sagess coness

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 22-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Ascender
I tried that sage its quite a strong smell it kind of made room feel refreshed

does sage honestly work for the spirit cleansing ?
im yet to be convinced
Old 23-04-2018, 12:03 AM
Experiencer
Yes, WHITE sage will remove negativity from a room. Be it just negativity trapped from emotional baggage or even negative entities themselves do not like saging. Others I know who can actually see into the different dimensions have said they can actually see the darkness in the form of cloudlike wisps flying out their windows when saging so they have witnessed it working. If you don't care for the smell what I like to do after I'm done is use an oil diffuser and burn either lavender, vanilla bean, or fankincense. This will help with creating not only a better smell but also a sense of peacefulness in the home.