Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-03-2011, 02:14 AM
Leonine

Personally, I believe suicide is only a matter of personal choice. I don't believe there is any kind of "backlash" from it at all.

BUT, it is a very selfish act that impacts very badly into those left behind and can often decimate their lives and spiritual progress. They, not the suicide, are the ones who have to live with the pain and in the aftermath.

Old 21-03-2011, 02:29 AM
tmf

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonine
Personally, I believe suicide is only a matter of personal choice. I don't believe there is any kind of "backlash" from it at all.

BUT, it is a very selfish act that impacts very badly into those left behind and can often decimate their lives and spiritual progress. They, not the suicide, are the ones who have to live with the pain and in the aftermath.

You are so right! My first boy friend committed suicide I was 16 at the time. Do I even need to tell you the horror of my lifes recovery from that event?
Old 21-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Leonine

No, tmf Sweetheart. You were probably plunged into the "Would'a'Should'a'Could'a" syndrome, in which you could have (later) seen all the ways you could have, should have and would have "saved" him. Or the dread "If only" cycle, in which If only you had said/done/known/fetched said item that person would still be here.

Not so, tmf. Let yourself off the hook. A suicide who carries it through means to do it. Wish them well and hope they have found what they want, at last. There is nothing else you can do.
Old 21-03-2011, 03:05 AM
tmf

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonine
No, tmf Sweetheart. You were probably plunged into the "Would'a'Should'a'Could'a" syndrome, in which you could have (later) seen all the ways you could have, should have and would have "saved" him. Or the dread "If only" cycle, in which If only you had said/done/known/fetched said item that person would still be here.

Not so, tmf. Let yourself off the hook. A suicide who carries it through means to do it. Wish them well and hope they have found what they want, at last. There is nothing else you can do.
Yes you are right in a way. I knew he was going to kill himself I told everyone I mean everyone! I kept asking friends and family to help they kept telling me no he won't he justs want attention. No matter you I told they would not believe me. So I broke up with him I could'nt take he tryed several times in front of me and I'd beg and scream at him to stop and he would stop. The last time after I broke up with him I did not run after him like I normally did when he came to me and said I'm going to kill myself I left him go. I told his nephew and about four other friend that were hanimg out on my front porch with my brother That he was going to do it and got the same response I always got even my Dad would'nt believe me! About 1/2 hr later a car pulled up to tell me and everyone ther that he just blew his head off. And more tha n one person still blame me for the deed.
Old 21-03-2011, 03:35 AM
tmf

He was asking me for help and I failed him. He came back and showed himself to 2 of my children through out the years trying to give me a message. The first time it scared me and my son who saw him he appears with no face. And than again to my daughter trying to reach me to tell me it is not my fault. Two of my children are mediums Three are empaths like me. Also my first grandchild is a medium cool right?
Old 21-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Merlin6

Just about all of the entities who have suicided, and been contacted via mediums later, have expressed profound regret at having done so.
On the other side they can see the anguish and pain they have caused loved ones, and can see the selfishness of their act.
They also find they must return in similar circumstances to atone for cutting short the life they were given, and to work through the problems they chose to incarnate with in the first place.
Suicide is a delay, like skipping classes at school. The only loser is themselves, but with the help of their guides and perhaps a long period of recuperation, they are given another chance to overcome their difficulties in the physical.

Merlin6
Old 21-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
Hi there.

I was wondering today - presuming that our consciousness doesn't die with the physical body - what's wrong with suicide? Why shouldn't I kill myself to finally know for sure what if anything happens afterwards? ;D

All of world's religions have some sort of an opinion. What do you think (or know)?

Hi PF,
Your question suggests to me that you are not really living your life. It's a good place to be when the concern for what or if anything happens afterwards is replaced by the simple joy of living.
Blessings, James
Old 21-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Seeker

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'll answer the question as to why I ask this.

Basically I find this planet, this life, quite a sad thing. And amidst all that I naturally try to figure out why go on. And one thing I can't mentally cope with is the possibility that physical death might any second end everyting forever. The pointlessness scares me, and it seems I could never live with such a view on life.

However, having no evidence of the contrary (eternal life), and not even being able to argue for it, these spiritual ideas do seem like wishful thinking in face of the harsh reality. And even though I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, deep inside I reason like this - if life ends with death, I'd rather go now and not prolong the suffering (selfish? maybe), but if it does not, I at all costs want to know it, but don't know how to find such knowledge.

But to tell you the truth, the pain I would cause my mom and my friends probably would hold me back from pulling the trigger. I still want to love and care for them, even though I'm not doing a very good job at it lately.
Old 21-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
It's a good place to be when the concern for what or if anything happens afterwards is replaced by the simple joy of living.

James, yes, that feels like a good place, but happens only ever so often. A few days might pass in such an elevated state, but it only does when ignoring the dark side of existence, shutting the bad stuff out somehow, but it eventually resurfaces.
Old 21-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I'll answer the question as to why I ask this.

Basically I find this planet, this life, quite a sad thing. And amidst all that I naturally try to figure out why go on. And one thing I can't mentally cope with is the possibility that physical death might any second end everyting forever. The pointlessness scares me, and it seems I could never live with such a view on life.

However, having no evidence of the contrary (eternal life), and not even being able to argue for it, these spiritual ideas do seem like wishful thinking in face of the harsh reality. And even though I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, deep inside I reason like this - if life ends with death, I'd rather go now and not prolong the suffering (selfish? maybe), but if it does not, I at all costs want to know it, but don't know how to find such knowledge.

But to tell you the truth, the pain I would cause my mom and my friends probably would hold me back from pulling the trigger. I still want to love and care for them, even though I'm not doing a very good job at it lately.

Did you ever hear the expression...........die before you die?
That which fears death and clings to life can die before we die and leave us with that which no longer fears death and embraces life.
You'll be alright......................find your peace here and now...follow you instincts...you are not alone and you will be guided to find joy in this life.
This I promise!
James