Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Master
I have also done a year ahead tarot spread. I have been doing that pull for myself for the past 4 or so years. It is the only time I really use my tarot cards. Most of my readings I do I use my oracle cards. The tarot just gets a little deeper, IMO, for a year ahead spread than what the oracle cards would provide. The cards usually are pretty accurate in what the year will bring about.

Before I pulled the cards I had a feeling that 2018 was going to be a year of strong endings. And of course there will be new beginnings. What is an ending without one. The cards also seemed to reflect those feelings. As one of the cards pulled was, The Tower. So it's going to be a year of challenges, and strife. But there will be sun at the end of it all. It seems it has been in the cards for a while now. Another thing I must go through. It will test me and my willpower to navigate it. I won't come out unscathed. It will change me to my very core.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Experiencer

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Anybody done their year ahead spread yet? I'd be interested to see what spreads people use.
I found a fab little 'overall theme' spread by 'my wandering fool' (sorry can't link to it as it is a commercial site).

The layout could be anything you prefer, the card positions are-

Card 1) Main theme for the year
Card 2) Departing energies from 2017
Card 3) Talents you will be expressing in 2018
Card 4) Future opportunities
Card 5) Upcoming obstacles
Card 6) How to deal with these obstacles
Card 7) How to achieve your goals.

I found it to be quite concise and allows a more in depth exploration if you want to go further in to the reading.

Card 1 :ace of cupslove is my main theme?
Card 2 : the sun it was a hard year for me but I kept on thinking what it would look like to be happy, maybe this card means I'm leaving happy wishful thinking behind and turning it to reality?
Card 3: death either my talents will be occult related or hidden talents that I never knew I had will be coming out
Card 4: 4 of swords these past few years have been just about working at my job and that's all working really hard always taking shifts and extending so I think this card means my opportunity will be that I finally can take it easy and have more leisure in my life.
Card :5 4 of pentacles I think I have to let go of my past hurt that could mentally hold me back. And my self confidence needs to grow.
Card 6; the empress if I focus on my health I can conquer my past health
Card 7 [b]8 of pentacles /B] I will achieve my goals by my past hard work and continuing to work hard for what I want

Lovely spread thanks for sharing pisces moon
Old 02-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Master

RW -

(side note : my cards were all RX and Upright and in this deck I keep them upright. *RADIANT RW i use for RX's*. I went through them all and flipped them all upright before taking on the shuffling. And one, only one came out RX even after thoroughly and carefully placing them in order) I sit up and take notice of this right away.

*Main theme of 2018* 1 - The Hermit
*Departing energies of 2017* 2- Two of Cups RX
*Talents I will be expressing in 2018* 3 - Two of Wands
*Future opportunities* 4 - Judgement
*Upcoming obstacles* 5- Nine of Wands
*How to deal with these obstacles* 6- Ten of Cups
*How to achieve your goals* 7- The Star

hermit (Theme)- I'll do a lot of soul searching and introverted reflection this year.
two of cups RX -( Departing) is a tumultuous relationship with too many up's and downs.
Two of wands - (talents in 2018)Choosing a path that marks my place in the world. To focus my directed energy on. Having will is one thing, having a place to express my will freely is another. As a talent? Knowing which direction will generate best results.
Judgement - (Future Opportunity) Something considered dead and long over comes back for a final assessment. Is it needed or not? Are we done or do we need to finish something for a clean slate into a new cycle? An opportunity to make right from a wrong in the past that was harshly judged too quickly.
9 of wands - (Obstacles coming) I'll have obstacles standing my ground, standing firm in my beliefs. Sticking up for what I believe. Protecting my energy from frenemies and unknown, unseen enemies that wish me harm/unwell.
10 of cups - (Ho to deal with that obstacle) to deal with that obstacle? Stick it to them with my nose up in the air, my positive happiness and content family life cannot be dented by their psychic attacks. I'm too high in happyland to come down to notice...aka don't give a rats buttox about them and stick to what brings you true bliss and joy.
The Star - (How to achieve goals). to achieve goals....HEAL, renewed hope. Faith, I will, I swear to God, I will get there. This is the positive indicator that I will. May be a star in the far away distance at this stage, but it's there nonetheless and with faith and hope baking in the oven, im sure to bite into something delicious called A GOAL ACHIEVED!

I absolutely welcome others interps. Thank you PM for this thread :)
Old 23-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Master

As we approach 2020, mental reminder to myself to re-do this spread in Dec

Feedback (in 2019 for the "2018" reading performed in 2017?!) in colour below

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
HAHAHA brilliant

The nice thing about Tower is that it's quick; it won't be drawn-out misery.

* RWS
Card 1) Main theme for the year
8 of Pentacles rev. Ooh - so it looks like the main theme is knowing when it's time to put tools down and walk away. A few possible meanings off the bat - it could mean REALLY getting on top of my work-life balance (getting out on time etc), ensuring I don't take on more than I can handle in general (this one sounds right) or even leaving job.
This was correct. I ended up leaving my job and picking up two concurrent part-time roles, expanding to 6 days a week... which I knew wasn't sustainable long-term, but I hoped would be worth it for one calendar year (for learning purposes it was, though I'm still not over the burnout from 2018).

Card 2) Departing energies from 2017
7 of Wands. There's be a lot of fighting this year. Hopefully this card is a sign that 2018 is a little easier (well... we can hope). This card does suggest that next year may involve less "trying" - I may have done more of the frontier-fighting in 2017, meaning 2018 could be more about consolidation.
Yeah, there was a lot of tension and cray-cray behaviour around my main job in 2017 that I was very happy to leave behind!

Card 3) Talents you will be expressing in 2018
9 of Pentacles rev. The vibe I get from this card is of a woman who is insanely busy but somehow keeping it together and still managing to be accessible socially to her loved ones. I'm liking this card - this is organisation on steroids and a suggestion that 2018 may be financially fruitful, but I should be able to do it in a way that celebrates the truly important things in life (loved ones and good times).
Was DEFINITELY insanely busy. Was I socially accessible? More so than in 2017, but still not as social as I should have been.

Card 4) Future opportunities
Queen of Pentacles rev. The energy I get here is of someone nurturing a secret nest egg - one that's not fully formed yet. This card suggests that I might be starting some side projects or continuing some sneaky work in the background (both true). These aren't things I'll share with my immediate circles.
2018 would basically go on to set me up for 2019. Yes there were some side projects going on in the background - I would also go on to almost single-handedly launch some long-desired partnerships for one of the companies I joined in 2018. These were highly-coveted; I knew many seniors who had tried and failed to connect with our key partner, yet somehow me - a junior! - got through.

Card 5) Upcoming obstacles
Page of Swords. Actually mustering up the energy to go forth and do things - inclusive of following up with people when I say I will/when I say I want to. It's not always going to be easy, there will always be excuses/challenges, but I'm going to really need to be very forward and bolshy and put myself out there.
There was SO much boldness required in 2018 it wasn't funny, particularly with developing the partnership.

Card 6) How to deal with these obstacles
Justice. This is the card of transparency - but also, what goes in is what comes out. If I want the most out of life, I'm going to need to push myself to bring my best to the table (in multiple areas) time and time again. It's not going to be easy, but it's also not going to be impossible. I know what areas this card is referring to: It's career progression but also my love life :P
Yup. The love life didn't get any attention in 2018 though - those 6-day work weeks killed me!

Card 7) How to achieve your goals.
5 of Pentacles. Ouch! Well, the figures in the cards here are going without. This could mean I need to go on some kind of epic financial detox - it may also mean I need to very hectically avoid getting distracted. I'm going to pull a clarifier here... The Empress. Huh? One more please... Temperance.

5 of Pent, Empress, Temperance. It's almost like the cards here are saying I need to clear the slate, plant my seeds, and then sit back and be patient. Is this decluttering my house? Culling my facebook list? Meditating a lot and focusing on only what it truly important? (all of the above?) Ah well, I'll figure this out. I've always figured the 5 of Pent has a somewhat religious undertone to it, so I'm going to guess here that the cards are encouraging me to work on my spirituality a bit.

Reading in a line: Put things down... but continuing to fight in order to be successful AND stay in touch with friends, nourishing secret side projects and having the gumption to do things even if I don't really want to, and ultimately really stripping things back.

Okay, sounds like 2018 might be a more consolidated year in general. It definitely looks like there's going to be less energy wasted. It could be a really fruitful year too if I put my mind to it.

A few things here - firstly, my earnings took a hit in 2018 compared to 2017 despite the longer working week. What I lost in earnings though, I made up for in extremely valuable field experience which I knew would help me out in later years. It helped for me to cave in and get a housemate - I also needed to get stricter with my budget.

Overall, 2018 was definitely a very "progressive" year, with huge strides made career-wise. I ended up making further big leaps in 2019 that simply wouldn't have been possible if not for the back-breaking work in 2018.