Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Ascender
Update my life.

I have recently converted from new age to a born again Christian, I have other reasons for this but I know in my heart that Jesus is the son of God and not just an ascended master.
I would advise others to repent but would not push it on you as that is wrong to do. I have been reading the bible and the word of God. I know not many people will care but just would like to share my new found faith.
I would like to share my testimony with other to why I have but would not through text only voice as it is a lot to type and I'm lazy
May God be with you all.
Old 25-03-2015, 07:31 PM
Administrator
Hello

The true connections come from within and when one finds that space in faith one does not have I feel to preach it outwards to have it heard from you.

You have found that energy connection to God and that Divine Light will do its work in flowing outwards.

Lynn
Old 25-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaraq18
I have recently converted from new age to a born again Christian, I have other reasons for this but I know in my heart that Jesus is the son of God and not just an ascended master.
I would advise others to repent but would not push it on you as that is wrong to do. I have been reading the bible and the word of God. I know not many people will care but just would like to share my new found faith.
I would like to share my testimony with other to why I have but would not through text only voice as it is a lot to type and I'm lazy
May God be with you all.

I would really like to hear your story. Your background, how you got to new age and then Christian. Please do share.
Old 25-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Master
Oddly enough, I just met a person today who has read the bible, studied it and knows it inside and out and went from being a Christian to being an athiest.
Old 25-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Knower
Out of curiosity, did you not find what you were looking for in new age? The hunger for what you may seek hadn't been fulfilled through new age?

I sense you truly wish to share your story as to why you became born again but maybe unsure if your story would be welcomed or uncomfortable to talk about it?

As a born again Christian I expect the word of god and finding Jesus must create such an overwhelming internal feeling that trying to contain this feeling must be so difficult.

I hope you may find the courage to share your story and that you felt able to tell it. Something that I expect most of the human race wishes to experience would be worth sharing. I suppose by sharing in this way is testament to the word.

I am pleased that you are feeling such strength in your belief and new found faith and that it continues to fulfil your life. Enjoy
Old 27-03-2015, 07:36 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Out of curiosity, did you not find what you were looking for in new age? The hunger for what you may seek hadn't been fulfilled through new age?

I sense you truly wish to share your story as to why you became born again but maybe unsure if your story would be welcomed or uncomfortable to talk about it?

As a born again Christian I expect the word of god and finding Jesus must create such an overwhelming internal feeling that trying to contain this feeling must be so difficult.

I hope you may find the courage to share your story and that you felt able to tell it. Something that I expect most of the human race wishes to experience would be worth sharing. I suppose by sharing in this way is testament to the word.

I am pleased that you are feeling such strength in your belief and new found faith and that it continues to fulfil your life. Enjoy
I'm not going to tell my story as its a long one, I do tell my close friends of course. In the new age it is based around many thing and one of them being law of attraction which if you focus on one thing it will come, I realised this is just an excuse to take your mind off God who has given us everything.
I am not saying the New Age is fake or unjust but I simply do not find it to be something I want to be involved in.
Thank you for caring may you have a great life journey :)
Old 27-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Knower
That’s completely fine if you wish not to share your story, I thought it would have been wonderful and maybe inspiring to read.

I too am not a fan of new age, I have been there and back, learned what I felt was of use and discarded the rest.

I respect your beliefs and the place where your at; I always find it interesting to hear how the spiritual path was trodden to the resting place.

Take care I wish you every happiness ahead.
Old 28-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaraq18
May God be with you all.

I am happy to hear that you found what works for you spiritually and that you have realized the wisdom of not pushing it on to others and asking their permission first.

I too felt the same way you do by wanting to share my new found beliefs that worked for me when I went from christian to new age after reading the "conversations with god" books by Neale Donald Walsch but I got over it quickly. Fortunately, it's a temporary condition that will pass.

"Belief Sharing" is putting the cart before the horse. The whole point of spiritual beliefs first and foremost is to make you a more evolved happier, shinier, well rounded, loving, "higher vibrating" individual etc etc. and not to "save" others.

Becoming that person first and leading by example by "vibrating high", showering those around you love and positive vibes is the way to inspire and teach others. When people see how happy you are, they will wish to emulate you and ask you questions on how you got there and you will be able to give them truly inspired effective answers. Thats how the highly evolved beings did it (Jesus, buddha etc). The days of proselytizing are over and people are fed up with it and will tune those people out. People are smart enough to realize that if one doesn't have their own house in order and feels the need to preach that its all a bunch of baloney.

Last edited by SeaZen : 28-03-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Old 29-03-2015, 05:41 PM
Ascender
I suppose I Could give you a short testimony, basically I was into the New Age movement, channelling, healing, etc... I used to law of attraction for what I wanted but still found a constant void within my heart (something in my life was missing) I found my self developing fear every-time I questioned my life.
I would hear voices just telling me to not bother questioning, to meditate and not dwell on the question. So I did and I found myself going down a rabbit hole.
Still I had this feeling so I searched some things up just random things to do with religion etc...
I started to believe in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and developed Christian beliefs without labelling my self as one. I did not search up Christian beliefs but just developed them.
The next time I questioned my spirit guides about Jesus and my life, they got angry and my mind was full of noise. So I simply said out loud I accept Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and they went from then I searched others testimony and they where pretty much in sync with mine.

I am not going to say the New Age is a bunch of lies but in my journey that is how it has been portrayed (as a false hope).

I do not expect many to understand what I have just typed lol as it is hard to put into words.
But I advise you begin to question reality and your life...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...E2140113379158
Check that out if you think it is aloud of baloney fare enough I will not push you. Jesus has filled the void and I have never been happier. The bible talked of a false religion where man will serve themselves and that is what the New Age was for me.
May God bless you all and I hope you find the truth you are looking for
This is not to tell any of you how to live your life this is simply my opinion and testimony of coming out of the New Age
Old 29-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Knower
Thank you for sharing with what I felt came deep from the heart. While reading your testimony I felt an honest sincerity in your words. Choosing to take faith and courage to share what you had must have felt emotional as you shared your journey.

Your comment ‘developed Christian beliefs without labelling yourself as one’, for me is quite a wise statement and in my opinion in a way expresses the true seeking that you had hoped for. Not aiming to wear the Christian label, but to experience the word of god alive inside you.

There is unusually a saying that once you sincerely invite Christ that the holy spirit comes to be with you, the way you have bravely expressed your journey and what you felt was needed in your life seems like the holy spirit has touched your heart.

In my opinion New age like anything else serves a purpose in a person’s life at that time, for however long is needed and to whatever is needed to satisfy a need or to fill a void. When the hunger is no longer there, we move on, yet at the same time take with us a wisdom learned from the time.

I believe once we experience something so exciting and wonderful, that no words cannot be truly found to express this experience, yet through love and compassion for others we wish so much for others to experience the same.

I agree that these experiences and beliefs cannot be forced on another, if they were to take that path that they would have to travel it themselves and to experience it in a way that they need too. If it is meant to happen for others, I believe it will some day.

The greatest thing others can gain is the love, compassion and kindness that you can give from your experience in finding Christ.

I feel you will know this quote “love one another, even as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”

Take care. I wish your new found journey fulfils everything you wish for.