Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 08-02-2018, 04:55 PM
Guide
Quote:
Forgot to mention one more thing you can try called Logosynthesis. It involves a very powerful affirmation word pattern for making changes. I gave my therapist a statement to read at specific points in the process. It clears things very quickly. There is a book called "Self Coaching with Logosynthesis ". I have not read it yet but someone just told me it's already on my kindle :)

I've been reading about Logosynthesis today and was immediately drawn to it. English is my strongest subject, I've written several novels and short stories and I love the written word, so a therapy that is 'word' base has massive appeal. Also it has many good reviews on Amazon from people who've got the book - so the book has been ordered and is on its way. I'm trying, and failing, not to do my usual thing of getting excited and enthusiastic and think this is going to be it!

Thank you for that. This is where it's so good to be able to link with other people with similar experiences where we can exchange ideas and give moral support.

Patrycia
Old 08-02-2018, 05:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
I've been at this for 12 years now and I just don't understand why I seem to be going in endless circles of trying something and it not at least having some impact, you know like a small improvement, a better day, or something but no.
I don't know if it applies but I hear stories of trauma treatments not being effective because the person is too dissociated. Trauma does that and it's not apparent until we actually started getting into the body and feeling. A similar story is that it's known that marijuana use can inhibit the effectiveness of EMDR. Part of why I think treatment is so effective for me is all the work I've done with yoga and meditation. I'm learning now that I've been dissociated constantly for years and not even realizing it.

Healing trauma is all about getting in touch with the body and emotions. Then comes the ability to express feelings and assert needs. It's also about affect regulation. There's alot to go through and experience, it take time.

Also, trauma really needs to be treated by someone with a lot of experience. I don't think people realize how much there is to it. There's alot of people that think they know how to treat it but don't and can either leave people feeling dissapointed or worse. Finding an experienced trauma therapist was the point when real change started to happen for me. People that are isolated can use Skype or somthing like that to do remote sessions. There's no touching in my therapy so that would work fine if I had to do it.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter light
I really appreciate your encouraging words. Glad to hear you are making progress too with the same issues. Very strange and somehow reassuring to hear someone else talking about the same experiences too. Never thought I would see that.
I'm glad you shared here as well. I'm learning there are tons of people with the same experience. It is comforting to know I'm as alone as I think I am.

Quote:
The yoga sounds interesting. What is the yoga called? Maybe I'll be able to borrow a few moves and shift things. I tried yoga and meditation in the past. Though I have never been able to create a stable practice I sometimes find it useful to try new things to make shifts as needed.
It's Kundalini yoga for PTSD. It doesn't have anything to do with trying to 'awaken' Kundalini, it has to do with treating mental disorders. I like it because it's all done sitting in a chair.
Old 15-02-2018, 02:36 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
I've been reading about Logosynthesis today and was immediately drawn to it. English is my strongest subject, I've written several novels and short stories and I love the written word, so a therapy that is 'word' base has massive appeal. Also it has many good reviews on Amazon from people who've got the book - so the book has been ordered and is on its way. I'm trying, and failing, not to do my usual thing of getting excited and enthusiastic and think this is going to be it!

Thank you for that. This is where it's so good to be able to link with other people with similar experiences where we can exchange ideas and give moral support.

Patrycia
Glad you found it interesting and I hope it works well! It is good to find new tools for the journey and amazing how many things are out there now. I did not have the energy yet to explore the book because I seem to be focused within.

I have listened to some audio recordings by the founder and his ideas make a lot of sense to me. The affirmations he worked on over the course of years to get just the right words that focus the energy. Similar to my process. I like to take very abstract concepts, work them internally for a long time, and then distill them down to a simple essence.

It is fascinating to see how many stories we have going on inside and yet they always come down to a few central themes or motifs. I also keep working on the same few issues over and over. Seems like I have to explore every issue from a thousand perspectives over time.
Old 15-02-2018, 02:39 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
It's Kundalini yoga for PTSD. It doesn't have anything to do with trying to 'awaken' Kundalini, it has to do with treating mental disorders. I like it because it's all done sitting in a chair.
Thanks for the info that's good to know. I am very cautious about anything regarding Kundalini work because I do not need help pushing the boundaries. I usually find myself already out there and trying to find my way back.
Old 15-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Thanks for the info that's good to know. I am very cautious about anything regarding Kundalini work because I do not need help pushing the boundaries. I usually find myself already out there and trying to find my way back.
No I don't get into that either, I'm just interested in healing. I don't need any more trouble than necessary. This is mainly stuff for the brain to get it clear and more focused, clean out the junk and put me in a more calm state.

The IFS and EMDR brings up alot of feelings that have been hidden, and I use this to put me in a good mental state so I can keep going in therapy. I think it also helps me be more receptive to the therapy.
Old 20-02-2018, 02:38 PM
Master

A couple of lectures about complex trauma..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53RX2ESIqsM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otxA...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Seawolf : 20-02-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 20-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Master

Quote:
I think Seawolf recommended that book. Anything useful in it?
I hear people with trauma histories say it changed their life. Some are saying it's one of the most important books on trauma of our time. It may be helpful in beginning to understand trauma and what can be done about it, and you could alternatively listen to the author's lectures on youtube as they cover some of the important points of the book. Some people like Pete Walker's book as well, it just depends on what appeals to you. The important thing is to take it at your own pace, but also try to branch out a little and be willing to be open to new and useful ideas that you may not have considered before.
Old 13-03-2018, 01:38 AM
Pathfinder

I haven't read her books yet but I watch her channel regularly. I think she has great advice. I did decide though to learn from other YouTubers as well. She can be intense and it can cut deep. But that is why I watch her videos, to get in deep. I have PTSD as well and doing Shadow Work seemed to help me quite a bit. I'd say read it but obviously go with your gut, as others have mentioned. Also it is helpful to remember that a lot of the spiritual teachers on YouTube have gotten flak for what they are doing. There is a whole movement out there trying to discredit them from what I have heard.