Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 05-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Knower
Color Birth control pills?

I wanted to open the discussion on birth control pills since I started using them a few days ago because of the period pain which would make me end up on ER every month. I don't like using any pills, but I am desperate and my gynocologist said that that's the only thing that would help.

I am suffering from gastritis, inflammation of intestines, gallbladder "sand", and depression (not taking any pills for the conditions), and I am slightly overweight, so I have to be extra cautious on them. My doctor prescribed Yaz, and upon reading the horror stories online on Yasmine and Yaz because of the special progesterone drospirenone only they contain, I am wondering if I should change the brand. So far it makes me feel really out of sorts on all levels. Disconnected somehow. It's hard to tell the symptoms apart from my usual daily pain, but I think I am experiencing foggy headache, numbness, tingles and shakes of body, short stabbing pain in random body parts, especially joints. I decided to give it a bit more time to see if my body adjusts, but I am not liking it so far.

I know people act individually to pills, but here are some general questions:

How do they effect you physically, mentally and spiritually? Short term, long term?

Are there some that were really bad for you, and some that worked well? Which types would you recommend?

Anima
Old 05-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Master
I'll offer my insights on bcp in general.

I used them for twelve years I think and I didn't realize until after I stopped (in order to get pregnant) just how disconnected I was from myself and the whole cyclic thing. I was on one particular brand (don't recall it) and my doctor switched me to one with a lower dose of hormone because of pms complications (raging pig beast from hell syndrome). After the switch my moods were just fine. But I was had that sense of being "disconnected", and yeah foggy headache and nausea if I didn't eat regularly.

I believe Yaz is the very lowest dosage you can get and I think it's estrogen only?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Master
I've taken Yaz for 3 years and really I've had no issues with them, however, if you feel you are having issues, please please go to your doctor and discuss changing the brand.
They really don't make me feel any different, in fact it takes my monthly pains away where I would have to call off work it was so bad. I don't like not having my own cycle which is why I'm convincing my husband to get a vasectomy.
Take care
Spiritlite.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I'll offer my insights on bcp in general.

I used them for twelve years I think and I didn't realize until after I stopped (in order to get pregnant) just how disconnected I was from myself and the whole cyclic thing. I was on one particular brand (don't recall it) and my doctor switched me to one with a lower dose of hormone because of pms complications (raging pig beast from hell syndrome). After the switch my moods were just fine. But I was had that sense of being "disconnected", and yeah foggy headache and nausea if I didn't eat regularly.

I believe Yaz is the very lowest dosage you can get and I think it's estrogen only?

Yeah, I feel just like that - disconnected from myself. I also noticed how I can feel the soul connection with my twin/soulmate a lot less. It is just a bit better than when he was on heavy painkillers after a surgery. Very frustrating.

Nope. Mini pill is not available in Croatia where I live. We don't even have many of other kinds like patches and such. We only have 9 kinds of pills to choose from:
Cilest, Trinovum, Diane 35, Logest, Triquilar, Yasmin, Yaz, Qlaira, Novynette.

It might be a problem for me, to get low dose in general, because I heard that it works worse on people with any extra weight because hormones can store in the fat cells. I am not that fat, but I am very femininely curvy.

Yaz is estrogen and some specific progesterone, like stated in the previous post. Some studies say it is not more efficient than any other pill, and that it actually increases a risk of heart attack/trombosis/stroke by 6 times. Some studies reassure people that it is perfectly safe. And yet there are over 60 cases of women dying from it, and over 1,100 lawsuits. I don't know what to trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I've taken Yaz for 3 years and really I've had no issues with them, however, if you feel you are having issues, please please go to your doctor and discuss changing the brand.
They really don't make me feel any different, in fact it takes my monthly pains away where I would have to call off work it was so bad. I don't like not having my own cycle which is why I'm convincing my husband to get a vasectomy.
Take care
Spiritlite.

I read many posts on other places by girls who use contraception, and my thing is that I am aware that since Yaz and Yasmine are most widely used, they are going to get the most of flame, and I know that most girls on ANY pills have to tolerate a bit of side-effects because it is hormones and all, and especially me with all of my pre-existing health problems... I am just not sure how much I should tolerate before it becomes too dangerous. How much time I should give it to work without risking serious concequences.

Thanks for the answers!

Anima
Old 06-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Master
I took both and I would advice anyone against thier use and using any bcp's as they can mess with your hormones, cause issues such as hair loss etc

I would look into seeing a narupath, accupunturist, shaman and into the metapyshical causes.. also look into changing your diet
Old 06-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
I took both and I would advice anyone against thier use and using any bcp's as they can mess with your hormones, cause issues such as hair loss etc

I would look into seeing a narupath, accupunturist, shaman and into the metapyshical causes.. also look into changing your diet

The more I am looking into it online, the more stories I am reading... the more I am leaning towards not taking them at all, especially not Yaz/Yasmin. I didn't even get to the point where I would be able to tell if these pills are really helping my menstrual pains, but the physical and spiritual issues I am encountering are very scary. I am not sure if it is worth the risk.

Thanks for the advices.

Anima
Old 06-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Lostgirl

I was on the pill on and off for 5 years and none of them suited me. They made my blood pressure rise, gave me migranes, I put on 2 stone in a year, i vomitted and had awful up set stomachs, had problems with my cervix and my periods stopped and thats all from trying 5 differnt kinds of pills!

In my mind its just not worth it although i can see the advantages and i do miss the spontinaity and i think my boyfriend does but i wasnt willing to risk my health. The last pill i took my periods stopped which didnt worry the doctor however it worried me as its not a natural thing. I want children in the futrue and im not willing to risk that future.

If you find a pill that suits you then go for it! I would. If they help with the menstral pains i can completly understand why you are doing it and dont let it affect your spirituality - nothing is worth that :)
Old 06-11-2010, 02:24 PM
sleepyamethyst

i have to take the pill because i have pcos and endometreosis i have had pills in the past that havent suited me and ones they have changed me on to over time i think there is always a risk with what ever pills you take i no that if i didnt i would be in alot of pain so its a risk i take
Old 06-11-2010, 02:35 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Having a Y chromosome, I have no personal experience with The Pill, but I can tell you about my wife's time on it, as well as my personal, spiritual take.

If you suffer from depression, I'd think twice about being on any pill. My wife has mild depression as well as Seasonal Affective Disorder, and BCPs just made everything worse. It also killed her sex drive, the ultimate irony!

From a spiritual perspective, remember what all pills are; a way to convince your body that you are pregnant. To place your body in such a state of belief when in fact a new life is not growing within you is to create a significant disparity between physical and spiritual realities. I can't imagine that this is ever a good or healthy thing.

Also, a personal word of warning; no pill, especially the low dose ones, are 100% effective. My wife was on the low-dose pill (POPs, to be exact) AND nursing kid #2 when kid #3 was conceived. Quite a shock. A pleasant one, but still a shock.

CS
Old 09-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Knower
Thank you a lot for your answers, guys. My gyno said that my reaction to the pills is extreme, that I stop taking them immediately, and that she will give me some non-hormonal therapy for my menstrual pain instead.

One more question: Did any of you suffer bad withdrawal? How do you flush the birth control out of your system sooner? I know I've been only on the pill for a week to begin with, but yesterday night I had a panic attack where I had an unbearable headache, my heart was racing, and it was hard to breathe. Also my jaw is numb and hard to move since then. I AM depressed, but I never have panic attacks or anything similar. I also read how it can take 3 or more months for it to be fully out of the system. I hope I start feeling better sooner than later.

Anima

Last edited by Anima : 09-11-2010 at 04:33 PM.