Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 28-11-2019, 11:31 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Perhaps the Creator has a "punny" sense of humor, too!

Most likely and probably quite simple too! Easily amused.
Old 28-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Most likely and probably quite simple too! Easily amused.
LoA is indeed 'simple' - in principle that is, definitely not in terms of individual and social application.
Old 28-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Its ego that lies to you and says it wants to kill itself to be happy and discover truth. Which sends you on an egotistical merry go round. The idea of forcing ego to die just strengthens it. What would most likely happen is you'll develop a more subtle, cunning, sophisticated ego like most so called spiritual people.
This what i believe also.Seems like even think to stop your ego it's an egoic act,cause it contains time.(since thoughts are allways about future and past)
Old 28-11-2019, 04:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Its ego that lies to you and says it wants to kill itself to be happy and discover truth. Which sends you on an egotistical merry go round. The idea of forcing ego to die just strengthens it. What would most likely happen is you'll develop a more subtle, cunning, sophisticated ego like most so called spiritual people.
Oceanic Fella!

I've shared this before, but think its a worth-anyone's-while reprise in the above regard:
Any and every soul’s developmental ‘journey’ merits ongoing introspective review and reevaluation and, when and where appropriate, the refinement – this is what conscious evolution is all about! – not just of the ‘content’ of what one personally thinks, feels, believes and does in relation to others and Life‑at‑Large, but also of the ‘significance’ one places on and so ‘ascribes’ to one’s self and other selves, in your case the very ‘self’ that thinks, feels, believes and does so. To possibly help expedite such process, here’s a discussion of some often overlooked (because of ‘innocent’ ignorance) but just about as often (for personal expediency) swept under the rug details and issues which, when and as overlooked and/or ignored, often result in folks who don’t yet fully grok what actually happens when a soul transcends selfhood (by whole-mind-n-heart-edly acknowledging and embracing the fact that it and others are integral aspects of The Entity of Life’s - i.e. of Christ’s - Being-n-Doing being bamboozled by as well as bamboozling others.

For one thing, one’s selfhood doesn’t then just evaporate into insubstantiality or dissolve into inconsequentiality as many have historically, apparently self-effacingly and seemingly humbly, for supposedly unselfish reasons, self-deludingly imagined and other-misleadingly proclaimed. Take the words of anyone who speaks, preaches, or acts in ways which imply that he or she (or his or her ‘kind’) is so self-abnegating as to therefore be especially holy and (so) especially worthy of devotion, reverence, obedience, generosity, etc. with a grain of salt (i.e 'wisdom'). A posture of personal insignificance may indeed be adopted as a result of a person’s genuinely loving and enjoying and so wishing not to in any way detract from the glorious Magnificence and mind-boggling Grandeur of Life-at-Large, in contrast to which the gestalt of his or her present self as well as the gestalts of other selves may indeed appear – to him or her, that is – to be relatively unimportant. But obsequious, Cosmic Presence or Persona ‘adoring’ stances and corollary behaviors may also be consciously or unconsciously coat‑tail‑rider ‘gain’ motivated, and sometimes even downright wolves-in-sheep’s-clothing predatory in relation to unwitting others!

To put any self or other generated razzle-dazzle that may presently be interfering with your clearly seeing what’s really what in this regard into perspective, let me point to and emphasize the implications of the obvious fact that genuinely devoted husbands and wives – ‘lovers’ of all kinds, really! – recognize that their lives are far from being insignificant in relation to those they love and ‘espouse’. They live and act with consummate awareness of the fact, as well as experience and evince a certain degree of self-appreciation as a result of knowing, that their personal presence and relational engagement functionally complements and enriches their spouse’s lives in ways which they could not and would not be otherwise. This, even as they acknowledge and are deeply grateful for the fact that their own lives are also complemented and enriched in ways that they otherwise would not be by virtue of their having been ‘espoused’ (as a self) themselves. Similarly, Cosmically ‘awakened’ souls continue to live and make choices as personally response-able, choice‑implementing selves who are well worth every ‘bit’ of their ‘salt’, albeit they do so so ‘sacrally’, without putting themselves on any kind of ‘pedestal’, knowing that they are vital components of Life’s Grand Being‑n‑Doing, in other words knowing that they (in person!) are Love and Joy experiencing and expressing ‘buds’, ‘leaves’, ‘flowers’ and potentially ‘seed’ bearing ‘fruit’ on ‘the Tree’ of Life Itself!
Read 'self' as 'ego' in the above context.
Old 16-01-2020, 08:33 AM
Knower
Your ego is your creation and only has life because you believe in it...that is the ego believes in itself.
Old 16-01-2020, 03:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid
Your ego is your creation and only has life because you believe in it...that is the ego believes in itself.
Any 'ego' is an feature/extension/facet of LIFE Itself. IMO, like 'fire', it may be deployed to 'make' one's relational experience and expression 'better', i.e. it will operate for 'good', or to 'make' one's relational experience and expression 'worse', i.e. it will operate for 'ill'.

The way I see it, the 'ego' has become a scapegoat - many a 'modern' person's 'Satan' - a beingness to be 'distrusted', 'destroyed' (by not supporting it), 'eliminated' (by 'seeing' it as unreal), etc. instead of befriended (loved), nurtured (so it becomes healthy), and educated (so it becomes relationally positively functional).

Anti-ego-tists are throwing out the baby with the bathwater, IMO. If you still want to 'get rid' of your 'ego', just jump off a tall building and it will be done, easy-peasy!

Last edited by davidsun : 16-01-2020 at 04:13 PM.
Old 16-01-2020, 04:31 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Any 'ego' is an feature/extension/facet of LIFE Itself. IMO, like 'fire', it may be deployed to 'make' one's relational experience and expression 'better', i.e. it will operate for 'good', or to 'make' one's relational experience and expression 'worse', i.e. it will operate for 'ill'.

The way I see it, the 'ego' has become a scapegoat - many a 'modern' person's 'Satan' - a beingness to be 'distrusted', 'destroyed' (by not supporting it), 'eliminated' (by 'seeing' it as unreal), etc. instead of befriended (loved), nurtured (so it becomes healthy), and educated (so it becomes relationally positively functional).

Anti-ego-tists are throwing out the baby with the bathwater, IMO. If you still want to 'get rid' of your 'ego', just jump off a tall building and it will be done, easy-peasy!

Yeah my thinking isn't so far different from your own. Recently in another thread entitled "What is the EGO?" I stated that I feel the ego has gotten a bad rap so to speak due to people misunderstanding it's function as it is my understanding that the ego is what allows us to experience individual identity or the illusion of separation is another way of saying it.

I journeyed to the doorsteps of ego death and for me it was absolutely terrifying turning the knob to walk through as I could feel myself (my ego identity) fading away into nothingness. As far as my ego is concerned it was absolute death and I was too afraid to go all the way and so I turned back but all was not a loss.

The strange thing is that now I know my ego or person identity is a fraud and doesn't really exist so to say my experience changed my perception of things would be putting it lightly lol.
Old 16-01-2020, 07:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid
The strange thing is that now I know my ego or person identity is a fraud and doesn't really exist so to say my experience changed my perception of things would be putting it lightly lol.
If you still think/regard your 'ego' as a 'fraud', you clearly did not get my main point. This is not to say that I think that my ego (or yours) is the totality of my (or, in your case, your) beingness.
Old 17-01-2020, 09:38 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
If you still think/regard your 'ego' as a 'fraud', you clearly did not get my main point. This is not to say that I think that my ego (or yours) is the totality of my (or, in your case, your) beingness.

I don't believe it is the case that I did not understand your point if your point is that the ego identity can be cultivated to exist in such a way that it is not a destructive force and can allow for positive experience and expression.

I see the ego as a costume for the infinite to masquerade and simply because I perceive it correctly to be unreal does not mean that I am condemning it as negative or useless.

Rather it is the case for me that your point isn't applicable due to where my interests are. I recognize that the temporal nature of the ego in and of itself isn't a reason to disregard the ego or seek to dispose of it but regardless the ego serves its purpose no matter how it is cultivated and that purpose is temporary.

For me personally, since I know through experiential circumstance that my ego is a complete fraud, totally false persona which is destined for destruction, death etc because it is no more real than a dream character which dissipates upon waking...I can not take it seriously.

My experience is somewhat comparable to having an imaginary friend whom you know is imaginary yet here he is demanding that he is real. What can I do but laugh? That isn't to say that I don't indulge my ego or occasionally get caught up in the act but at the end of the day I know it's just an act and from my point of view this makes for a hilarious show.
Old 18-01-2020, 03:17 AM
Master
I say still and ease your ego (your I, your me, your thinker), and do everything you want. Life is about expressing yourself, not repressing yourself.