Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 12-07-2019, 06:53 AM
Master
Does God ever realise He is NOT God?

I think this is who I am. I understand the principles of I AM, and they do make some sense. But ultimately I am not convinced. I have greater realisations that I am not God than I do that I am God. In many ways I do not even want to be God.

There is a force at work which is coercing me to call myself God. I understand that this is my problem. It could be a simple Freudian Ego problem. Perhaps I am suppressed or repressed in some way.

Simply put I would rather be a free man than God. You will say why not just accept that and go your own path. But as I said there is this tremendous force pushing me into accepting that I am God. It is really quite nasty. It makes me react and deny myself even more.

It is all very psychologically screwed up. But I am working upon it.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I think this is who I am. I understand the principles of I AM, and they do make some sense. But ultimately I am not convinced. I have greater realisations that I am not God than I do that I am God. In many ways I do not even want to be God.

There is a force at work which is coercing me to call myself God. I understand that this is my problem. It could be a simple Freudian Ego problem. Perhaps I am suppressed or repressed in some way.

Simply put I would rather be a free man than God. You will say why not just accept that and go your own path. But as I said there is this tremendous force pushing me into accepting that I am God. It is really quite nasty. It makes me react and deny myself even more.

It is all very psychologically screwed up. But I am working upon it.

' But as I said there is this tremendous force pushing me into accepting that I am God.' that force is God
Old 16-07-2019, 03:50 AM
Master
There is also a tremendous liberation involved in denying and going against nasty, oppressive psychological forces which have the effect of coercing you into a belief which totally goes against who you authentically are at your very core...even if that is or is not "God".

When faced with such tremendous pressure to comply, adapt, betray myself or whatever the case may be, I always ask myself one simple question; "what would be the end result if I DON'T jump on this bandwagon?" What will happen if I simply say "NO!"?

Well, I get everything from 'not being accepted', 'being mocked/ridiculed', 'being ignored' and 'being left to my own devices' which then leads me to ask a further two questions:

1. "How much should the beliefs of my own immediate spiritual "peer set" affect my own...IF at all?" and

2. "Would a being who claims to be "God", judge, mock, ridicule and ignore me anyway? or is that just their ego which really has nothing to do with "God"?

The hardest spiritual lesson to learn is that you are basically "on your own" anyway! With regard to spirituality and perception of the Divine, everybody experiences this differently, even though the end result is happiness, bliss, joy, love etc and whatever path it takes to get you there, is highly unique, individual and personally tailored BY the Divine... probably (most possibly) according to previous Karma.

It takes great inner strength and courage to "go against the flow" even if you are IN the "flow state" by doing so and this also takes a solid sense of identity..of knowing just WHO you are, be that "God" or a "servant of God" or "at one WITH God" or "the expression of God's love" and/or any or all of the above at any given time.

There is also a great humility involved i.e.."even if I AM "God", my heart would never let me admit it", so just having the essence of the Divine...that pure love and joy within the heart whenever one surrenders their controlling (egoic) will to "God's Will" is more than enough, without having to conceptualize any "embodiment" of the Divine in whatever limited "form" that takes to individual cognitive perception and experience.

Then, in the end, we just "know what we know" and then avoid all others who try and pressure us into believing otherwise and who get offended when we have alternative viewpoints or point out logical fallacies in their arguments.

Of course, this has the direct effect of isolating oneself and being very, very lonely, so the last question then needs to be asked:

"If believing "I am God" would lead me to acceptance, inclusion and being a part of "spiritual humanity" would I prefer to believe that, and engage in SPIRITUAL BYPASSING even though it goes against everything I hold true and near and dear to my heart? OR would I prefer to remain true to myself, to my beliefs and live in my own Spiritual Authenticity, even though it may alienate me from the rest of society?"

The choice, as always, is yours.
Old 16-07-2019, 05:44 AM
Master
Interesting, thank you Shivani.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 16-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Pathfinder
Personally, I have never had beliefs that I would be GOD, in fact, years ago when I had come the first time across such statements, I have consider them quite unusual. I simply never heard any sensible explanation of such statements, without having the consequence of that deadly ''cause and effect karma,'' where even Heaven & Hell belief is disneyland compare it to horrors that such system can be used to justify & explain who is to blame if you end up in a gash chamber...look in the mirror. To me was such statements, as I'm GOD, I'm energy, I'm consciousness,..always kinda pointless, meaningless. They don't help a person with a tooth pain, with a bad day, or become a better person or try to be best version of yourself, or become more compassionate to oneself and others, or really help you become more peaceful, calm...nor they push people to understand the world and oneself as part of larger and completely interdependent life... instead it makes people look on themselves as individualists separated from everything, some individualistic existence. I also think that loneliness, which Shivani Devi have mention is actually far more a product of our own materialistic and individualistic culture. For example, we have build cities with millions of residents, but in fact - vast majority of them feel lonely. We are dealing already for a while with an epidemic of loneliness.Today suicide kills more people as all wars on Earth combine. It's not an exaggeration, it's a fact. Something like this have never existed on Earth in our entire history. We are completely depressed and lonely society, no matter of our huge cities. I also feel lonely in our society often, lonely when it comes to belief systems.. but it also teach me that i'm a priceless soul and that there gives something that loves me beyond all my imagination, and it's possible to get in touch with it and not just know this theory but really feel it, even if it might be just a tiny part of it...and realize that it's just an illiusion, we are never alone...