Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 17-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
By being a vegan, I avoid any deliberate harm to other living creatures with whom I share the world, which I think is the right way to live. In my view, personal growth is only possible by right living.

An excellent and insightful post!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 17-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Master

And another major incentive for veganism is the catastrophic pollution, waste of precious natural resources and environmental damage caused by livestock production.

Old 18-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Spiritual development is not about what you eat. It's about personal truth: being in alignment with what your inner voice is telling you to do. If you inner voice is telling you to go vegan, then that's your path.
Those who behead innocent persons in the middle-east are in alignment with their inner voice. They seem to be doing what their inner voice is telling them. Is their personal truth helping them in their spiritual development? Or, are they already spiritually developed?
Old 18-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Those who behead innocent persons in the middle-east are in alignment with their inner voice. They seem to be doing what their inner voice is telling them. Is their personal truth helping them in their spiritual development? Or, are they already spiritually developed?
What in the world does that have to do with the benefits of a vegan diet, lol?
Old 18-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
What in the world does that have to do with the benefits of a vegan diet, lol?
I was trying to understand the notion of personal truth since it came up in this discussion. I was hoping you would care to explain since you brought it up, not that you have to.
Old 19-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Master

Does anyone else reading this thread think spiritual development is about personal truth. I have read such an assertion made in many places but I confess I have never understood it. I would like to see some rational justification for the concept of personal truth and will change my views about it if called for. But for now, I have concluded that personal truth as an idea is intellectually hollow, philosophically shallow and spiritually bankrupt. Perhaps I am missing something about this concept.
Old 19-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Master

Its about a higher truth rather than a personal truth. A personal truth could (and does) encompass anything.

Truth is like climbing a ladder, the higher you climb, the clearer you see and the more you understand.

Old 19-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Master

What you say makes sense, knight. Traditional teachers (gurus) in India have maintained that each person is capable of understanding reality at a level depending on the prerequisites he meets. This idea goes by the term adhikAra bheda which means difference related to what you have done before, i.e. your karma. Thus a traditional guru will adjust his instructions according to the qualifications of the student, in other words, his capacity to understand.
Old 19-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Master

Yes, much of scripture is written on two levels - the exoteric and the esoteric.

Old 23-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Master
Don't soak your grains or nuts, IP6 is very beneficial to health.

hopescience.com/ip6/