Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 20-10-2010, 03:51 PM
SoaringSpirit

When I teach my Master Level students, I always stress, that although they may now call themself a Reiki Master, it does NOT make them A MASTER OF REIKI!!!!
Old 20-10-2010, 06:06 PM
LightFilledHeart

I was always taught that Reiki comes THROUGH us, not FROM us. I've never considered myself a master of Reiki ... just a humble Reiki Master/Teacher, passing on atunements and spreading the word
Old 22-10-2010, 01:50 PM
lumpygravy

best forums on the net!!! thx again people. i take all info to heart (not to sound too cheezy)great stuff thx agin'
Old 22-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
It would be structured if the Reiki masters in turn would have organized themselves, have some standardized minimum training which is monitored.
From what I see there is no oversight structure, no ethics monitoring structure, no disciplinary procedures, nobody can speak for the Reiki practitioners as a group, etc.

It is really a free for all, anybody can really do what they like.

How else would it be possible that some Reiki masters insist on trainees having substantial time gaps between attunements and others do level one to 3 all in one go? Yesterday I was nothing, today I am a fully fledged Reiki master. No verification of knowledge or skills.

This does not sound structured to me.

pre-dawn, that would be like telling all Christians that they have to believe, practise, have services in exactly the same manner without ANY DIFFERENCES. Not do-able or possible, I am afraid. All those Christians would have to interpret the Bible in exactly the same way and read the very same type of Bible.
I understand the frustration, but if new types of Reiki had not come along, how many of us would have been able to afford the $5,000 to $10,000 fee that some were asking for?
Old 22-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Ascender
I know it would go against the teaching but so far all attunements i have given up to Teaching level i have done with no charge. I believe personally that Reiki should be returned to mankind. It is a gift from god and it should be available to all. That said though i do believe that teachers are entitled to charge for their service and time.
In my own case the attunements given by my teacher were quite reasonable price wise.

*We find the path of wisdom....along the trail of tears*

*Your vision will become clear only when YOU look into YOUR heart. who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside AWAKENS*- Carl Jung
Old 22-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightBearer
Pre-dawn is absolutely correct,

it is to easy to love and light everything, ill tell yous a wee story

I do not go around telling people anything about me, i feel that is something of the ego, and feel that doing my work in the background is my way. I am however amongst many other things a reiki master teacher.

I have a very good friend who who has an idea about me and my spiritual developmental background but unless im specifically asked i will never tell, he has never asked me if i have a background in reiki so i have never told him, he therefore assumes that i dont know anything about it. He is a reiki master teacher and through years of self promotion is considered to be some sor of an authority, though i would disagree with many of his reiki views, which are reflected in many of these posts.

I walked into his house the very first time, and i felt like i had been punched in the gut. The atmosphere was thick and clammy, and i felt anxiety building up the longer i spent in his house. I offered my help after telling him this, he refused stating that what i was feeling was the high level energy coming from the ammount of reiki being done in his house, and that it was reacting with my "low" consciousness causing the sensations, he subsequently offered me a treatment, i thanked him but declined.

He did however give my wife a treatment and subsequently made her ill, untill i corrected the energy flow in her system. He again stated that it was the high level energy reacting with her low consciousness.

I visited his house spiritually and was "greeted" by a number of entities of various natures, which after discussion it became apparent that they were once attached to a "client" of his and now occupied his house, one of which had attached itself to him.

I visited the next day and told him all that i had learned, he laughed and carried on.

only once he fell ill and things started going wrong did he ask for help, not from me but from someone i know who charged an absolute fortune, to do what i would have done for free (i.e. remove the entities and correct the energy flow) and teach him how to do all of these things properly (which you do not learn in reiki)

only then did he realise that i knew what i was talking about, until then he had been blinded by ego.

(what was very interesting was when he saw me after the clearing he said what is your background - i looked at you as you walked towards me and you looked like a giant - he was in fact seeing the true spiritual me and not the physical apparition)

spirituality is so much larger than this word "reiki"

lightbearer, I have a very similar story. Everyone had said nothing but good about this one person. We will call him Doug. He asked to come to one of our Reiki shares (He had a few different methods of healing) He was doing scans on everyone and I felt ill at ease. When he came to me, Iasked him to check out my reproductive area. He did and said ,"Oh, everything is perfectly healthy, all nice and pink." I was in menopause and my doctor had told me recently that my ovaries would look about like a couple of walnuts. When 'Doug" wanted to help in the healings I declined working with him. Two of the people were so out of tune,out of focus and acting strangely within just a couple of days. It took all of our group to get them rebalanced. A couple of years later I ran into one of the group and she told me that I was SO RIGHT about "Doug", that he had been banned from the metaphysical community for unethical behaviors with females and a few other things. She couldn't understand how I knew about him when so many others had total faith in him.
I think that the power goes to practioners heads and that they weren't really about the "Source" in the first place and were excellent at masking their true selves. I am very glad to hear that you listened to your own innner self.
Old 20-01-2011, 04:47 PM
AngelBreeze

About Reiki

Greetings lumpygravy (interesting pseudonym!) :)
In order to answer your question you must first understand that Reiki energy does not originate or come from those who practice or teach Reiki. Reiki is a spiritual energy modality that comes from God. Therefore, neither the person doing Reiki can do the healing nor can Reiki by itself heal. It is ultimately only God who provides the necessary energy to help the recipient and that must always be clearly understood. And since God is therefore in full control during the Reiki process, how can it be bad!

It may surprise you to know that there are many Religious people who actively practice and teach Reiki! These include ministers, priests, clergymen, sisters, nuns, brothers, etc. and a whole array of other fine folks. Some even have web sites discussing Reiki. Some are even Catholic. So, it is very inaccurate for anyone to try to cast a bad light on Reiki on that account.They need to go back and do their homework first. There might be some who practice Reiki who might use less than honorable means and techniques, but we have all heard news stories about practitioners in virtually any other field or profession that may engage in this type of behavior as well, but that area of inquiry is something entirely different from this discussion. That would not address the energy that ultimately comes from God and is used for benevolent purposes. Another important thing to note is that many hospitals, hospices, medical offices, etc. use Reiki on their patients. One can use a search engine to find out more about this. Also worthy of note is the fact that CEUs (credits) are also offered by many organizations to those in the professions who study Reiki.

In Usui Shiki Ryoho, we have learned that the gentleman who rediscovered Reiki, Dr. Mikao Usui, was a Christian minister. His mission was one of benevolence and was used to help others. In passing Reiki down to others, it is with the following Principles of Reiki that its practitioners and masters follow:

Just for today, do not worry.

Just for today, do not anger.

Honor your parents, teachers and elders.

Earn your living honestly.

Show gratitude to everything.
Dr. Mikao Usui

Therefore, those who would question Reiki and its principles need look no further than this to know and realize that Reiki is an honorable God-given modality. Also to be said is this important fact. When a person goes to a professional for healing purposes, while the professional may certainly be very instrumental in knowing what to do or how to help the person, the healing itself, ultimately, comes only through God's Power. Again, a person, in and of him/herself does not have the power to heal except that which is given by God. And, others in fields outside of Reiki are seldom questioned as to whether what they do is good or evil. I think most people understand the answer to that, that when one reaches out to others to help them in a benevolent manner there can not be anything bad or evil in it.

As to those who would use Biblical Scripture to try to imply that Reiki is bad, let me remind them that Jesus Christ told us the following:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." -- JOHN 14:12(KJV)

And since Reiki and its benevolent spiritual energy does not come from a human person but rather from God, and Jesus has told us we can do the works that He does and even greater works, we can certainly embrace and follow His example instead of the close-mindedness of man who many times would like to control others through misquoting Scripture so as to not allow a person to help others knowing that that help ultimately comes from God. All healing credit must be given to God.

Old 20-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Sira

I have experience from Love energy healing and reiki. Love energy healing was a gift that I received directly from the Source. Later, trying to find out what was happening to me, I went to Reiki I attunement. The guides said that I shouldn't but I have always been a bit stubborn.
The reiki masters, a really nice couple, gave me the material and explained me the basics of reiki. After a few hours I received the attunement. The lady who made it said that she felt a little bit uncomfortable, because my own energies were so strong.
Later I went to see my colleague's neighbour who was said to do energy healings. I got an appointment and went there. I was laying at the operating table and he checked my energies and said that there's nothing wrong. I was telling him that I had felt really weak for some weeks after my reiki attunement and he told me that reiki was not upgraded to the new energies, the Love energy I received from the Source was the new one. This was maybe 8 years ago.
I have tested doing healings with reiki and my "own" Love energy and they are different. Where reiki feels subtle and gentle, Love energy feels powerful and straightforward. In reiki you normally touch the patient. In love energy healing you heal through aura. After a couple of trials, I've left reiki and follow my own path with Love energy.
Is reiki an unholy practice? I depends on the practitioner. If you follow Dr. Usui's method, it is a very safe and respectful healing method.
Old 20-01-2011, 05:45 PM
LightFilledHeart

After a couple of trials, I've left reiki and follow my own path with Love energy.

I found your post very interesting because as a Reike Master/Teacher, I've always considered the healing energy it taps into and utilizes to be pure universal love. Perhaps it feels less "persona" to you because it IS universal and not generated specifically by you. I feel the universal version love is safer and respects the right of free will choice. When it becomes personal, most of us have expectations and desires, whether for loved ones or complete strangers. I prefer to leave it in the hands of Source, Divine Oneness... whatever label one is most comfortable with... allow the healing energy to pass through the conduit of my body (which then, as you know, may be directed over a distance or even to someone in the same room without the need for physical touch... it is not necessary to physicall lay hands on someone to administer a Reiki healing treatment ) on into the individual for whom it's intended, letting spirit direct the flow as well as the outcome.
Old 20-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Sira

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
After a couple of trials, I've left reiki and follow my own path with Love energy.

Perhaps it feels less "persona" to you because it IS universal and not generated specifically by you.
I connect to the Source, I don't generate the energy and it's not generated for me. I act as a tool, as "empty from myself" that I possibly can. Love is intelligent energy and knows where to go and how to guide me. An addition to it (happened last year) is that at some point I start seeing the person's light body as a mechanical drawing, with light points and connections, and in guidance increase its vibration.
It would be good to study this further, to see where the difference is. One possibility is that I was opened to a "master level" with this Love energy and because reiki itself is a path, the beginning level may have felt like a step backwards. Interesting, anyhow.
And one thing, there are no sides here, we are all One and work together, and I have great respect for reiki and its practitioners. This I say because I have seen so much debate at the forum today.