Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-03-2020, 12:48 PM
Newbie ;)

Color HOW WE MAKE UP OUR MINDS

We use our minds for thinking and doing daily tasks. Therefore, as a result, the function of the mind must not stop there. Maximise the deeper and more practical use of the mind. In making decisions, real mind power are put to the test. It is not a simple choosing of given choices. This must involve a balancing process. Weighing situations is a difficult activity. Mind power must entail the proper use of knowledge and self awareness. Most importantly, is to recognise as well the importance of the conscious and the subconscious mind. To be able to actualise the secrets of mind power,after that we must use them in righteousness.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:55 PM
Master

I would add that human mind barely use, if at all, its next potential function: intuition. We don't use enough our mind creatively, complacently using it reactively.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I would add that human mind barely use, if at all, its next potential function: intuition. We don't use enough our mind creatively, complacently using it reactively.

i don't know about you but I get slapped around for even thinking about trying to fly....
Old 20-03-2020, 05:52 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul Rahim
We use our minds for thinking and doing daily tasks. Therefore, as a result, the function of the mind must not stop there. Maximise the deeper and more practical use of the mind. In making decisions, real mind power are put to the test. It is not a simple choosing of given choices. This must involve a balancing process. Weighing situations is a difficult activity. Mind power must entail the proper use of knowledge and self awareness. Most importantly, is to recognise as well the importance of the conscious and the subconscious mind. To be able to actualise the secrets of mind power,after that we must use them in righteousness.
Well spoken. I agree we should try to respect our minds. After all, it is not just about how we make up our minds, but also a matter of how our minds make up us.
Old 20-03-2020, 06:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Well spoken. I agree we should try to respect our minds. After all, it is not just about how we make up our minds, but also a matter of how our minds make up us.
The way I see it, we should get dehypnotized, lucid, so we can pull back our attention, focus, and use more of our minds.

It is like becoming lucid when you're dreaming: you realize that you are somebody else, whom you've forgotten to be for some reason. Now you can take control of that dream.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-03-2020, 07:30 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The way I see it, we should get dehypnotized, lucid, so we can pull back our attention, focus, and use more of our minds.

It is like becoming lucid when you're dreaming: you realize that you are somebody else, whom you've forgotten to be for some reason. Now you can take control of that dream.
Yes, seeing life "through the eyes of the soul" is a goal than many have. It's a good goal and allows one to see from a new and different perspective.
Of course, once one becomes lucid in a dream and takes control, it is no longer the same dream, or even the same dreamer. We strive to wake up and see the dream as the illusion that it is, yet we may find ourselves left in a world that now seems less real. Knowing that the matter is illusory can make everything matter that much less. Pros and Cons to everything I suppose. I enjoy both dramas and documentaries, both help me spiritually, though in different ways.
Old 21-03-2020, 12:53 AM
Master
Having worked in the people profession for a long time, what I observed is that a lot of the time what people do is impulsive. They make and impulsive decision and then apply logic, or a rationalization to that decision later.

Fear seems to be the biggest motivator for most humans. Most decisions to go to war with another country are done out of fear. In the U.S. the Vietnam War, Gulf War, and Iraq War, were all done or said to be done, out of fear. Individual people also make decisions out of fear. Some people even practice their religion, or spiritual practice, out of fear.

But fear is not the only motivator. There is a need for impulse control; lots of people allow their mind to drag them around and send them on a roller coaster ride. If we do not learn how to use our mind then our mind will use us. I have seen too many cases of this on inpatient psychiatric wards.