Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 31-03-2020, 09:38 PM
Master
Anger is a natural part of being human, we cannot always be calm and 'in control'. It is an energy, and because it is so present it allows us to look at ourselves quickly to ask why it is there. We can also learn how to use it to our advantage. If you feel anger, you could try and do some powerful breathing, or exercise. But it's a part of you and you can make peace with that. Good luck.
Old 31-03-2020, 10:01 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I am familiar with the theory of the ego. I take it seriously. I know there is anger in me which I can do something about. However, the anger in me is just a small flame compared with the anger 'out there'.
Where out there?
Old 01-04-2020, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
I know there is anger in me which I can do something about.

This is a good opportunity then yes? Once that bit's dealt with the outside can look different.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
[...] 5 stages of death [...]

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

This comes from Elizabeth Kubler Ross I think a Swiss nun(?) who wrote the seminal "On Death and Dying" which was published in the 1960's(?) (see wiki on her if interested) The publication of this book is often seen to be the genesis of the Hospice movement because the first serious study (in the West) of the death process from a psychological pov.

~ J

Last edited by Jyotir : 01-04-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Apart from fear and death there is another big spiritual adversary which preys upon me.

I live with fear and death on a daily basis. As do many other people. Not in a obvious way but in a spiritual sense. The spiritual fear and spiritual death takes it toll. This in turn gives rise to a new beast - anger.

You may find that if you deal with fear and death regularly then your anger grows and grows. Anger of course breeds more anger. The whole negative cycle perpetuates itself.

This morning I found myself screaming out in anger. There was nobody around - but I just lost my temper.
If you examine anger (recommend meditation) you will see that anger is an energetic disturbance that comes from a frustration of mental expectation which in turn may be due to some attachment/desire which is further based in separation, the cognition of it e.g., 'i am separate', my desires, attachments, expectations are operating on that premise, and utilizing life-energy within those (artificial /inauthentic) constructs in reactive ways as a result.

iow,
There is a whole succession of inauthentic energetic process - and anger is that - - the goal or an ancillary of spiritual practice is the mitigation, diminishing, or cessation those constructs and energetic reactions in the being - displaced by detachment, oneness, surrender to God's Will, equanimity, etc.. There is much in Buddhist literature that deals with these things, but also available in other traditions.

~ J

Last edited by Jyotir : 01-04-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

This comes from Elizabeth Kubler Ross I think a Swiss nun(?) who wrote the seminal "On Death and Dying" which was published in the 1960's(?) (see wiki on her if interested) The publication of this book is often seen to be the genesis of the Hospice movement because the first serious study (in the West) of the death process from a psychological pov.

Thank you.

Old 01-04-2020, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Where out there?

In the big wide world/universe/infinity etc.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:44 PM
ketzer

Quote:
In the big wide world/universe/infinity etc.
Yes, there are many angry humans around. And I hear tell there are some angry birds, but I am thinking more generally then that.

Some people believe in disembodied evil, or evil demons and devils. Do you think there is such a thing as disembodied anger, or angry spirits, or does it have to be a living feeling thing to have anger?

You said that, "Anger can come from the outside." Do you mean outside events can make you generate anger within yourself, or do you believe anger can possess you, make you angry for no apparent reason, like some people believe that evil can possess them and control them?
Old 02-04-2020, 03:35 AM
Master
I guess I think that anger can possess you. In the spirit world there are beings who are not very 'good'. Their anger can affect people.

I guess it depends on 'where' you are in the spirit world. If you go 'down' then the negativity gets worse.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:33 AM
Elfin

Hi, I believe that as "humans" we experience every emotion, anger being one of them. It takes very little to make me "angry".. and boy, when I'm angry, trust me, I'm angry. But I believe we are here to experience all of every emotion. And mostly it stinks. To me it's as though it's all "roll play". Strangely enough , the times in my life when loved ones have passed to spirit have been the calmest of times for me. I grieved.. yes of course I did, but not for long, knowing ( hoping ) they have gone to their next chapter , free of pain, anger ,and every other human emotion possible ,except love. And that's what keeps me going...