Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 05-11-2015, 11:49 PM
Knower
How authentic are the Hadiths?

It is my understanding that the first compilations of the Hadith were done about 200 years after the Hegira and that they were passed down by oral tradition before that time. I would appreciate some input from Muslims on the reliability of the Hadiths since stonings, prohibitions against pictures, and other practices of this nature seem to be only in the Hadiths and not in the Qu'ran.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Master
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_Fabricated_Hadith

You have asked the question I that I wondered myself after reading them so I looked around and found the site linked above.

I surpose one will never know, it's like any religious teachings that have been orally passed down.

People make errors and add there own understanding along the way, we all interpret things differently.

When reading about different religions I take from it what resonates with me and leave the rest behind.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Hadiths.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/List_of_Fabricated_Hadith

You have asked the question I that I wondered myself after reading them so I looked around and found the site linked above.

I surpose one will never know, it's like any religious teachings that have been orally passed down.

People make errors and add there own understanding along the way, we all interpret things differently.

When reading about different religions I take from it what resonates with me and leave the rest behind.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Hadiths.

I am reading some of the Hadiths now and also thoroughly enjoy reading many of them but, like yourself, "I take from it what resonates with me and leave the rest behind". (I even use the same word that you use --- "resonates".)

Also like yourself, I take whatever resonates when reading about different religions for exactly the reasons you gave.

Thanks for your response.

EDIT: I'm getting ready to head out of the house now, but I plan to read the material you suggested later today.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImmortal
I am reading some of the Hadiths now and also thoroughly enjoy reading many of them but, like yourself, "I take from it what resonates with me and leave the rest behind". (I even use the same word that you use --- "resonates".)

Also like yourself, I take whatever resonates when reading about different religions for exactly the reasons you gave.

EDIT: I'm getting ready to head out of the house now, but I plan to read the material you suggested later today.

Great minds think alike

If you find any other interesting info: please post the links.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:

I am always curious when people say 'it resonates with me'. I experience this effect where I hear something that aligns with my current view (resonates), as well as the other effect when I hear something that is disruptive to my world view (dissonant), but I don't accept anything on the basis of its resonance or dissonance. I see this 'resonates with me' like a comfort zone where world views and beliefs are oriented in half truths, and things are accepted and rejected on the basis of maintaining that self assured comfort, to the disregard of validity. For example, when Galileo said the earth was a minor planet and not the centre of the universe that did not resonate with religious men, so they discarded it because it was so disruptive to them, and to accept it would require a monumental shift in their belief and world view.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Experiencer
wikiislam
for those who do not know is "anti-islam" site
i don't think it's best judge of fabricated and non-fabricated hadith
it goes along agenda posting not informative posting

within islam there is quite alot of sources on true and untrue hadiths
their level of accuracy etc all mentioned
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 07-11-2015, 12:39 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I am always curious when people say 'it resonates with me'. I experience this effect where I hear something that aligns with my current view (resonates), as well as the other effect when I hear something that is disruptive to my world view (dissonant), but I don't accept anything on the basis of its resonance or dissonance. I see this 'resonates with me' like a comfort zone where world views and beliefs are oriented in half truths, and things are accepted and rejected on the basis of maintaining that self assured comfort, to the disregard of validity. For example, when Galileo said the earth was a minor planet and not the centre of the universe that did not resonate with religious men, so they discarded it because it was so disruptive to them, and to accept it would require a monumental shift in their belief and world view.

By "resonates", I mean that it is in accordance with my pure intuition but, as you implied, one must be aware if things "resonate" because of pure intuition or whether it is just conditioning on some level. That is not always easy to discern. If possible, I validate through direct experience. (Stoning people to death, however, doesn't particularly resonate with me and "direct experience" is not a particularly good way to check that out.)

How do you determine what is Truth and what is not ?
Old 07-11-2015, 12:46 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Of A Knight
wikiislam
for those who do not know is "anti-islam" site
i don't think it's best judge of fabricated and non-fabricated hadith
it goes along agenda posting not informative posting

within islam there is quite alot of sources on true and untrue hadiths
their level of accuracy etc all mentioned

Could you suggest a site that you consider reliable ?
Old 07-11-2015, 03:34 AM
Experiencer
sahih muslim + sahih bukhari
are the most trust hadith sources
partially because they never relied on single source of hadith
meaning the same hadith was told by more than one person or two
a group of people who were all tested for honesty

one time " muslim " the collector of hadith
travelled all the way long journey to see some one who claimed he had hadith he saw him fooling the cow to get into barn by pretending to have food and that was enough reason for muslim to refuse his hadith

saying just like you lied to this animal .. you could lie to me as well

http://www.searchtruth.com/hadith_books.php

can be found here
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."
Old 07-11-2015, 05:07 AM
Master
Quote:
By "resonates", I mean that it is in accordance with my pure intuition but, as you implied, one must be aware if things "resonate" because of pure intuition or whether it is just conditioning on some level. That is not always easy to discern. If possible, I validate through direct experience. (Stoning people to death, however, doesn't particularly resonate with me and "direct experience" is not a particularly good way to check that out.)

How do you determine what is Truth and what is not ?

I think 'pure intuition' sets up an entirely unassailable position of righteousness.This is indicated by the extreme nature of your example of wrongfulness - a quite undeniable portrayal that fortifies this stance, but what of the situation which is less than ideal, and isn't hypothetical, were to kill is an appropriate response to the circumstances regardless of the reflexive recoil at the horror of it - where that most primal avoidance mechanism is in direct affront to noble gestures such as protection and the preservation of life.

I don't determine the truth, because there aren't conclusions, and these paradigms in which truth is definitive are like a shifting shape of the mirage in a desert where the truth is like scarce water which may dry out, while common shimmers of heat are so common and reliable.