Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Smiley

Ghost In The Machine

Hey

I was wondering if there are any core computer enthusiast, that have ever heard or experienced the 'Ghost in the Machine' theory, where (although this may seem farfetched, i've seen alot of this stuff) each individual computer made of the same parts bought at the same time, that one of the many builds may/maynot have individual characteristics such as... compatibility issues, ICQ issues, or just a general non compliance issue that is....unusual.

I've been building electronics for many years and have noticed that, something very unusual happpens to machines when alot or little consciousness has been applied to it. At times it seems that these peices of electronic hardware resemble there own 'Ghost In The Machine' that philosopher Gilbert Ryle compared with Human Kind.

Anyone able to add to this thread, would be nice to hear from u.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Knower
Hi Smiley... an intriguing notion.

For years I have been having arguments with my more techie friends about the infallibility, or not, of computers. The received wisdom is that integrated circuits go about perfoming tasks methodically with no "thought" process involved about the nature of task they are set to perform...

... My argument is, how then is it possible that some days a simple operation like opening a particular application will cause the computer to crash even though the keystrokes used to accomplish this are the same day in day out?

I'm convinced my PC has bad hair days! lol

... Even now the hard disk is chuntering away to itself malevolently!

Seriously though, it's a very interesting point. I sometimes think machines, not just computers, behave in a way that is "in tune" with the personality or emotional state of the user.

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 09-09-2006, 09:09 PM
BLAIR2BE

Im Weary To Post This After The Phsycadelic Thread...

...but I Will:

One Night Many Years Ago (thunder Clap) ...

My Friends And I Dropped A Very High Quality And Potent Lsd. So, A Few Hours Into It, One Of My Fellow Space Men Was Using The Computer (havent A Clue What He Was Doing, But I Do Know He Was On The Internet). I Wont Bother To Describe What It "looked" Like, But I Witnessed This Friend "interface" With The Computer (or Mabey The Internet, Or Mabey Both). It Was A Sure Thing I Was Witnessing... Some Kind Of Full "interface", (WITH HIS FACE, PARTICULARLY AROUND THE EYES). Thats The Best Description I Have (anyone With Similar Experience Knows Thats The Best Description One Can Give Sometimes).

Hope This Has Some Relevence.
Sorry If Ive Opened A Phsycadelic Can Of Worms. Not My Intention.

Last edited by BLAIR2BE : 10-09-2006 at 02:57 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:01 PM
biyu_wolf_77

on the thread name i thought of a country song "ghost in the jukebox" and i must say all my 8 comps tho im usially in same state act different this sapos is my worst one (02 hp pavillion 500 yea i know sounds like a car say my uncles truck 94 t-100 black of course) my newest one is my best 04 mediacenter(was my moms) and yea they at times do there own things like at first the mediacenter would take naps at its leisure or even reboot its self whenever it pleased then i fixed that(energy settings) still reboots its self but not as often maby once a week(contuniously turned on) that i dont want it to this one well when it works its ok when itb dont and i try to fix it i usially wanna put dynemite in it or worse (note i personally own 8 comps none are family comps tho some my mom uses whenm hers wont work its funny im on wireless yet i get the better connection im a wee bit abusive to what i toss at my comps yet mine generally are faster and nicer overall then hers i have simalar software to her only some she cant find a disk fer an all --which id gladly import to her comp given i have a dvd i can use as its 4 gigs and im not jokin-- yet mine works better overall wierd or no?? she has a BRAND NEW hp comp and it5s slower then this 02 comp the mediacenter was hers adn at first "it dos that" was really all i herd her say but i got it workin right where i want it nice and faster then her comp turion 64 processor in hers(same as laptop i want as outher part of deal) mediacenter thinks it has 2 pentium 4's)

ok ill shut up fer now sence yall realise im an artist tech and just freak
Old 11-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Knower
OMG Biyu_Wolf_77 it's more serious than you think...

... your period/full stop key has stopped working too! lol

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Closed Thread