Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 23-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by aladdin
yes absolutely. my religion requires me to judge. its an essential element. thanks...
is it??? lol...i suppose you can have it then...i may disagree, but i wont deprive you of your crutch...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 23-02-2011, 05:26 AM
Master
Quote:
wow if you havent noticed yet... every religion judges between true and false beliefs. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Oh well your nothing to wast time over then, carry on.
Old 23-02-2011, 05:28 AM
aladdin

lollllllllllllll
Old 23-02-2011, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:
lollllllllllllll
i guess lols work when you have no answer...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 23-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Ascender

Everything old must come down before the new can be built up.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Kismet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Absolute Nothingness must be the foundation for a successful interfaith dialogue.

Are we prepared to abandon all knowledge, opinions, notions, beliefs, scriptures, ideas, and start with a blank slate? No, start blank, without even a slate, even leaving the idea of interfaith behind?

What is left then?

Maybe just an encounter, human being to human being.

There is no such thing as a perfect blank. That is a post-Enlightenment fable.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Absolute Nothingness must be the foundation for a successful interfaith dialogue.
Yes!

Quote:
Are we prepared to abandon all knowledge, opinions, notions, beliefs, scriptures, ideas, and start with a blank slate? No, start blank, without even a slate, even leaving the idea of interfaith behind?
Yes Yes!!

Quote:
What is left then?
And you lost me. =/
Old 09-06-2011, 02:16 AM
Master
Quote:

I can agree with that.

Truly, nothing would please me more.

What is left then?

Let us discuss Absolute Nothingness then....

I propose that this must indeed be the beginning of everything. Which explains all the rest very nicely by means of this tidbit of rather Alice in Wonderlandian logic:

If nothing exists, then everything is possibility. Within Possibility all things have their beginning.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Iku-Turso

Quote:
CS: I think that might be a bit too much to ask. All that is really needed for dialogue is the acceptance of the chance that we may not have all the answers. And in all honesty, what's wrong with disagreeing? Disagreement is merely a statement of self-definition; I am this, not that. It is impossible for us to agree upon absolutely everything, since that can only happen if we cease to be individual. In this way, you are right, Absolute Nothingness is the only way to come to perfect agreement. Yet Absolute Nothingness would also mean there would be no other with which to have a dialogue. This may well be the true nature of All That IS, but such a state kinda negates the purpose of being human, which is to perceive separateness and use it to self-define.

This is exactly how I feel.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:29 PM
gentledove

Quote:
CS: I think that might be a bit too much to ask. All that is really needed for dialogue is the acceptance of the chance that we may not have all the answers. And in all honesty, what's wrong with disagreeing? Disagreement is merely a statement of self-definition; I am this, not that. It is impossible for us to agree upon absolutely everything, since that can only happen if we cease to be individual. In this way, you are right, Absolute Nothingness is the only way to come to perfect agreement. Yet Absolute Nothingness would also mean there would be no other with which to have a dialogue. This may well be the true nature of All That IS, but such a state kinda negates the purpose of being human, which is to perceive separateness and use it to self-define.

This seems most sensible to me.

God isn't void, God is Light and Light as far as I experienced it is consciousness and love (which is a powerful energy which arouses feeling).

Wondering if God created "void" by separating self into parts/aspects, imo. Void would be the "nothingness" between these differing objects/identities. If God is all that exists, how can that be?

Maybe if there is an illusion it would be that nothing exists between separate objects or individuals. Perhaps it's more our current lack of perceptive abilities than an illusion though.

If everything is consciousness, then perhaps God had a concept of not-God, or unconsciousness? So maybe the void is less/lowered consciousness/light to the point of apparent (to us) darkness? And the various colors and textures are the Light refracted into differing frequencies and all the matter we see is slowed and condensed light? This would easily be possible if the Light (and everything else) is consciousness.

Anyway, I think I understand what the OP is saying, that we should all "throw in" our beliefs and start again, but there's muuuuuch wisdom in ancient teachings so why throw out the baby with the bathwater? However, if someone feels guided to do that for themselves, then that can be a very powerful way to begin again...tabula rasa and all that.

Also there's tremendous conditioning which creates attachments so powerful they will probably only be cut through by personal realization.

Also there's individuality which we might as well honor because it's obviously so prevalent and therefore might be part of a plan (for those who believe God has a plan). Or it must be part of nature's plan for those who believe that.

For those who believe there's no plan/intent...what can I say? If you've made even one shopping list then the universe isn't entirely random/chaotic.

God is love...I've experienced it, so that's not negotiable to me. I realize and accept that my epiphanies may be nothing more than fannies to others.

I still have many questions and so maybe that's why I'm hangin' out here.