Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Knower
Science and sprituality.

All i have to say on this , is that it should be balanced in spirituality and science. Its like a balance too much science and you believe the sun is just a huge globe that is a constant chemical reaction and it resulted from some random explosion. On the other hand, if too much spirituality then you believe that some person suddenly thought , "hey lets put a light fixture right here."
yes, i know im exaggerating it a bit but they should be balanced like a scale. This is my own thoughts on this not anyone elses, and im not a scientologist. I'm from the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints (the mormons or preferably LDS)
Old 10-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Enlightener

Angel1

I totally agree with you there Que kakashi. I think that spirituality is slowly catching up with science though. The scales are slowly starting to even out.
It shouldn't be long now, a few more generations to go and we may be living in a totally different world...

Can i ask you why you choose the mormon religion, i got nothing against it or anything, i just know some people who used to be mormons and they said that it was a pretty hard life.

Enlightener

P.S. great metaphors...
Old 08-10-2006, 02:28 AM
Knower
i was born into it but i choose to continue on in it by choice. it is only hard in that you strive for perfection . and mormons get a hard rap for being so. if you didnt know ,mormons practiced ,during when women couldnt hold land and mormon men were being shot, polygamy (multiple wives), so they could keep the land. but gave it up when peace was reigned in and it became illegal to do so. continuing on srry for not replying, i had completly forgot i posted this. i am unlike most, for i am. sorry if it seems odd but a life as a mormon demands a strong soul with a desire to be with God. Life is a test , these bodies are out on rent, my friend. when we die , we will be resurrected into perfect bodies ,and will be judged according to our works.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:22 AM
Enlightener

Brain washed

Polygamy is awesome.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:35 AM
BLAIR2BE

pretty difficult, i would think...
Old 08-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Fiona

I think the two, science and spirituality can work perfectly well together. As I recently explained in more detail in a thread called "Quantum Mind" , quantum physics, very definitley a science, has produced results with the most profound spiritual implications regarding the connectivity of everything in our universe, amongst other things such as telepathy, prayer, mind over matter and the existence of alternative dimensions of reality - it's very exciting
Old 10-10-2006, 12:10 AM
BLAIR2BE

exciting, re-energized field, quantum physics is!!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Lapis

In the "old days" (ancient times - from about 5 or 6,000 thousand years ago and back for a long while), there was no separation, no split, no polarization between spirituality and science. They were one sacred thing. It's only been fairly recently that this schizophrenic like split between our brain hemisphere's and just about everythings else has happened for different reasons.

The more we cast off the past Piscean Age and take on the Aquarian Age energies and consciousness, all these fragmented and polarized beliefs will not only be reconnected but greatly expanded. Another important aspect of this is the opposite Leo side. The Heart and Creative side of Leo must balance out all of Aquarius' expanded awareness which will reconnect both our higher minds (Aquarius/Uranus) with our higher hearts and higher creativity (Leo/Sun).

Fiona brings up a great point about how the ongoing expanded consciousness which is reflecting the spiritual, is already manifesting in our new meta physics.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:14 AM
Suspended
Well,

I would like to say that "Spirituality" IS "Science"

Many years ago, I flopped all my exams at school and could not even spell properly. Even to this day, my weakness lies with the English language.

I was one of these fools who never really questioned much in terms of logical thinking. Although I have never been a religious person, I was brought up to understand that spirituality and science were as different as chalk and cheese. Science could never prove man's spiritual belief, so out came this '
golden' word that we term as faith.

Faith was the cleansing word, and if science conflicted with our ideal spiritual world, then faith would quell the argument.
I have heard so much about science and the way it demoralises our spiritual perspective, that I thought I should give it a go, and get a degree in the subject.

Having done this; only convinces me that spirituality and science are the same. The first thing what you learn about science, is that it is governed by laws and that nothing is ever destroyed, no matter how large or small. We learn also that just like spirituality, it is progressive and it's environment suits it's conditions.

Even more so, we learn that there are things happening that we cannot see and that there are wavelengths which are too finely tuned for our physical senses.

We also learn that heat and light are nothing more than vibrations and that the human body will detect this radiation depending on the frequency.
There are also extremities in science like acceleration and velocity, as there are sines and cosines in maths. Likewise, we have seasons, light and darkness, all aspects of spirituality.

We take a leaf of a tree and trace it to God, just like we can take the goodness that comes from mens hearts and seek God. The tree that bends towards the giver of life trying to seek the sun, is no more than man's esteem to reach his own creator.

Man calls his 'looking glass' science, and when he does not see, he says that there is nothing there !

Indeed.....who seeks the Holy Grail......for the land and God are as one.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:50 AM
Suspended
Another Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUE_KAKASHI
All i have to say on this , is that it should be balanced in spirituality and science. Its like a balance too much science and you believe the sun is just a huge globe that is a constant chemical reaction and it resulted from some random explosion. On the other hand, if too much spirituality then you believe that some person suddenly thought , "hey lets put a light fixture right here."
yes, i know im exaggerating it a bit but they should be balanced like a scale. This is my own thoughts on this not anyone elses, and im not a scientologist. I'm from the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints (the mormons or preferably LDS)

Looking at Que Kakashi's post again, I think he is actually giving a perspective of which came first ? Science or God ?

I would put it another way. If you imagine drops of water falling from a cave to form stalagmites.
Imagine each drop of water as being a divinity part of the spark of God.

Eventually a long spiky cone will form with a certain colour and texture, of which we can call our stalagmite.

It can be argued that the stalagmite could be formed into a pancake, but it is not ! Instead it takes the form of which nature intended it.
In other words, things take place through natural processes. Energies are at work which form things in certain ways. Things happen for a reason, and it has to be for the RIGHT reason or it will diminish and 'die'. It has to BALANCE. Not approximately but EXACTLY.

When this happens then we have STABILITY.
Stability then becomes CONSTANT which then gives us our Cos 90 degrees of VARIABLE.

So we have our equation of sin 0 and cos 90 being our transient effect where all change gives progression.

There can be NO sin 0 without Cos 90 as things will cease to flow. Just like we cannot have light without darkness. Hence our Yin and Yan philosophies.

Phew....I an going to lie down !
Closed Thread