Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 17-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Experiencer

"Keep saying you have it, then you will have it"

I'm trying to get a good job but it's been very rough. Basically I'm having no luck but I did apply to a job that my husband really likes because it's in an area that my husband would like to move to. He keeps saying that if I act like I already have the job or I keep saying I have it or keeping positive about it that I will get it. I guess this is like an affirmation. He keeps saying stuff like "I can't wait until we move there it's going to be great!" I just want to know how effective this is. I keep thinking that if you put your hope in one job that you'll be very disappointed and I need to find other jobs to apply to and I don't know how to tell him that.
Old 17-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angnix
He keeps saying that if I act like I already have the job or I keep saying I have it or keeping positive about it that I will get it. I guess this is like an affirmation. He keeps saying stuff like "I can't wait until we move there it's going to be great!" I just want to know how effective this is.

There are so many books and lines of thinking about how 'easy' this manifesting thing is .... currently I am not a believer, sorry ... I know you will get better answers, more positive ones, especially from Miss H.

curious though ...... you said " I did apply to a job that my husband really likes because it's in an area that my husband would like to move to. " .......

who is the job for ? you or him ? and if it is in an area that he would like to move to, my question would be .... then why doesn't he get a job in that area and then you find something there after he does ? sorry to distract from your original question, but you need to find something you like for you....

maybe that is why you aren't having any luck with this particular job, it isn't the one you are meant to have.

I wish you all the best in finding a job, that makes you and your husband happy !

Adrienne
Old 17-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Experiencer

Husband too disabled to work, he would go anywhere I would end up.
Old 17-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Angnix I am sorry, I had no idea and I apologize if my questions were insensitive.

There are very many success stories out there of things happening, manifesting out of clear air ! Otherwise there wouldn't be so many people believing it and books being written about it, being possible. And once upon a time, til a short while ago I was a very strong believer in all of it ....

Keep your thoughts positive, ignore me and my current personal doubts, lol .... believe, feel it as if it is real and write it down how you would like it. Write down exactly what it is you would like to have in the way of a job, specifics, anything you can think of job related exactly as you would want it.

I sincerely wish you the best in finding the job that is out there just waiting for you !
Old 18-07-2016, 05:08 PM
Yes, feeel the feeeeling that you would have if you got the job...
smile, be happy....have no doubt (Doubt? What's that!!!!)

I often drive away to the Thrift Store for something and say,
"I'm going to get a rebounder at Goodwill."( Or a chalkboard or a
quality elec knife sharpener, etc.)
Now in 14 years I had never SEEN a rebounder at the Goodwill...not once.
But, I was driving happily to get one.
And there it was.
(One example)

I just 'know' it is going to be there.
''Believe and receive''.... I didn't say that, someone else did!

ONE teeny sliver of doubt and it spoils it.

There is a funny thing someone told me last wk, bec of the Rio bad water issue,
(ya know all the problems with the Olympics there.)
He said, 'If you add a gallon of water to sewage it is still sewage....
And if you add a gallon of sewage to water it's now sewage.

Oooone, teeeeeny, sliver of doubt....wrecks the whole thing.
Hi Adrienne,

Oh and how does one 'get this no-doubt and confidence'?...well, there are different ways...
but to start it is neat to begin with babysteps....wish, desire, ask, pray for, affirm that
you'd like to find a certain 'something' ....something a drop hard to find....and then watch
it turn up...then do this a few times...BELIEVE you are going to find that parking spot bec it's raining out...without an umbrella...
watch it happen....this is like building your faith muscles.
Many start too big and lose faith....deep down they really don't think 'it' will happen...and so it doesn't!
See?
It's kind of a Catch 22....it works but it also may not....it's up to you....not the interviewer, not God,
not the angels, nor fate.
WE are the creators...WE are the projectors onto the blank screen that is our life, our future.
We pave the road or lay the tracks with our
confident and powerful thoughts and beliefs ...so tomorrow
we can travel on the path smoothly where we want to.

(Me? I acknowledge God in all my ways...and He makes straight my path....but, that's me.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-07-2016, 05:43 AM
Master

Were we able to just wish enough, as 'promoted' in The Secret, no-one would be going hungry.
Old 19-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Were we able to just wish enough, as 'promoted' in The Secret, no-one would be going hungry.
If 'we' means everyone that is correct. There is certainly power in numbers.

Wishing is not the basis of The Secret as I recall...it has been a
long time since I saw the movie or read that book, tho.
Most people I know have switched to Abraham-Hicks' method or advice on things.
And so far so good for me. I have no complaints!

Remember Jesus never talked about wishing...he also was very clear...
Ask, believe and receive...Say to this mountain...Ask the Father in my name...
believe it has already been given...etc.
Then, James wrote about not being double minded.

Wishing is a pretty weak way to 'make things come about'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Newbie ;)

There are some truths to what your husband is saying, but there is also a lot more than that too.

Why not use afformations as well as affirmations. It’s a technique by Noah St John that works well without the resistance of subconscious and involves asking questions-
Why did the universe help me to find a brilliant job?
How did the company find me so easily?
How am I always in the right place at the right time for work?

Also spend time feeling how you will want to be in that job so you start broadcasting that vibration out into the universe several times a day.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:27 PM
boshy b. good

very maybe like a meal, we kept said or and heard or and thought off we "have got" and sooner
enough we have got, is that expeditioned, is that a like money earnings for spend, why thank
you
Old 16-07-2017, 09:13 AM
FrankieJG

This was a small video that helped me regain faith in positive words,thoughts and affirmations.Whenever I find my self speaking or thinking of negative things I quickly remember these apples and immediately change them to positive words and thoughts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6GpH3dbSMok